Mod Compatibility List for EET

Thanks.

The spoiler tags are still useful if people want to include text that isn't quite so big. They make it easier to read posts and they seem to provide better browser performance when scrolling through the page. They don't actually stop the data from being transmitted along with the rest of the page, though.

While having another go at modding EET, I got a parse error when trying to install "Sword Coast Stratagems".

I put debug files here.

Is this a bug, or did I do something wrong?

My BG2 mod install order

MOD					REQUIRES

X Baldur's Gate Trilogy Graphics [..]	E Install BEFORE anything that changes BG1 stuff.	BREAKS BG1 GRAPHICS

ThrownHammers				I no conflicts
  Thalantyr - Item Upgrade		I no conflicts (he crafts items)

P Unfinished Business			Q
  Almateria's Restoration Project	Q E no conflicts (like Unfinished Business; install early!)
P Quest Pack				Q
  Ascalons Questpack Update Project	Q E no conflicts
P The Gibberlings Three Anniversary Mod	Q
  The Darkest Day EE edition (TDDz)	Q AFTER "ROT" and "CtB"
P The Sellswords			Q underdark stuff
P Tales of the Deep Gardens		Q Part of a series (Colours of Infinity); this mod is nr. 1
P Innershade				Q Part of a series (Colours of Infinity); this mod is nr. 2
P The White Queen 			Q Part of a series (Colours of Infinity); this mod is nr. 3
  The Wheels of Prophecy		Q AFTER Ascension, Longer Road, BEFORE Sword Coast Stratagems.
  The Lure of the Sirine's Call		Q no conflicts (quest on the coast!)
  Fishing For Trouble			Q no conflicts (quests!!!)
P Assassinations			Q -
P Dungeon Crawl				Q no conflict
P Eilistraee's Song			Q no conflict
P Back to Brynnlaw			Q -
P Adalon's Blood 			Q ask a dragon for blood

P Banter Packs				N
P IEP Extended Banters			N AFTER "Banter Pack" (complements it)
  NPC Tweak				N no conflicts (but must be installed BEFORE some NPC modding things)
P NPC Flirt Packs			N no conflicts (new affairs for Aerie, Anomen, Jaheira, Viconia).
P Romantic Encounters			N E some NPC mods react to this
P Viconia Friendship (SoA & ToB)	N AFTER IEP Banters Pack
P Mazzy Friendship (SoA & ToB)		N AFTER IEP Extended Banters
P Imoen Friendship (SoA & ToB) 		N no conflict
P Yoshimo Friendship 			N conflicts with Yoshimo Romance
  Sarevok Friendship			N no conflicts
  La'Valygar				N no conflicts (adds friendship for Valygar, a ranger)
P Yvette Romance 			N Part of a series (Colours of Infinity); this mod is nr. 4
P de'Arnise Romance			N -
P Kivan and Deheriana Companions for 	N BEFORE Crossmod Banter Pack
P Amber NPC				N -
P Isra BG2				N -
P Skie ReDone 				N has conflicts, but I am not installing them.
P Tyris Flare				N no conflicts
P Crossmod Banter Pack for Baldur's 	N AFTER Kivan & Deheriana, and ALL NPC mods

Tweaks Anthology			  no conflicts (this is the BG2 Tweak Pack)
  www.urstuff2athkatla.com 		E no conflicts
  BGEE Leveled Spawns Mod			E no issues.
  IWDification				* AFTER Spellpack and Spell Revisions (drab-colored commoners, IWD spells, etc.)

Generalized Biffing			  no conflicts (but one mod mentions it should be installed after this)
  Lighting Pack: Shader Scripts for 	  no conflicts
  New travel system between Baldur's...   no conflicts
  Recolored toolbar buttons for...	R no conflicts (it's a UI thing; last?)
P BP-BGT Worldmap 			R -
  Portraits Portraits Everywhere	R no conflicts (?)

Afaaq, the Djinni Companion		  L as late as possible (AFTER Ascension, Wheels of Prophecy, Quest Pack, Distinctive Genies)
  Sword Coast Stratagems		  L last (before other install last mods, like aTweaks)
  EET Tweaks				  L last, or close-to-last
  EEUITweaks User Interface Mods Coll.	R L AFTER SETUP_END.EXE

Oh ! a VERY old bug :)

In my game, I can't get to chess area (Durlag's Tower).
When I check The 4 Area, I see that BG0507.ARE-BG0510.ARE has the same BCS file (which seem to be logical...).

DMWWFissionBurn has never been set, so, the code below (from BG0507.BCS) can't be fired :

IF
    Dead("AIRASPEC")
    Dead("KALDRAN")
    Dead("PHOENIX")
    Dead("jellspa")
    Global("DMWWFissionBurn","GLOBAL",1)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        MultiPlayerSync()
        ActionOverride(Player1,LeaveAreaLUAPanic("BG0506","",[449.721],E))
        ActionOverride(Player1,LeaveAreaLUA("BG0506","",[449.721],E))
        ActionOverride(Player1,SetMasterArea("BG0500"))
        ActionOverride(Player2,LeaveAreaLUA("BG0506","",[509.772],E))
        ActionOverride(Player3,LeaveAreaLUA("BG0506","",[559.807],E))
        ActionOverride(Player4,LeaveAreaLUA("BG0506","",[381.686],E))
        ActionOverride(Player5,LeaveAreaLUA("BG0506","",[328.646],E))
        ActionOverride(Player6,LeaveAreaLUA("BG0506","",[613.857],E))
        MultiPlayerSync()
END

I can't find DMWWFissionBurn in any other BCS file...

Workaround : use CLUA : C:SetGlobal("DMWWFissionBurn","GLOBAL",1)

Change-log of BG0507.BCS (EET part) :

Mods affecting BG0507.BCS:
00000: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 1000 // Initialise mod (all other components require this): v30 BWP Fix

Change-log of BG0507.BCS (BG1EE part) : Nothing

Hmmm... I remember having this bug so long ago...
Just a well-known SCS bug (I post this here, just in case...) : you can find it in every forum about BG :)

Oh ! a VERY old bug :)

In my game, I can't get to chess area (Durlag's Tower).

When I check The 4 Area, I see that BG0507.ARE-BG0510.ARE has the same BCS file (which seem to be logical...).

DMWWFissionBurn has never been set, so, the code below (from BG0507.BCS) can't be fired :

IF
    Dead("AIRASPEC")
    Dead("KALDRAN")
    Dead("PHOENIX")
    Dead("jellspa")
    Global("DMWWFissionBurn","GLOBAL",1)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        MultiPlayerSync()
        ActionOverride(Player1,LeaveAreaLUAPanic("BG0506","",[449.721],E))
        ActionOverride(Player1,LeaveAreaLUA("BG0506","",[449.721],E))
        ActionOverride(Player1,SetMasterArea("BG0500"))
        ActionOverride(Player2,LeaveAreaLUA("BG0506","",[509.772],E))
        ActionOverride(Player3,LeaveAreaLUA("BG0506","",[559.807],E))
        ActionOverride(Player4,LeaveAreaLUA("BG0506","",[381.686],E))
        ActionOverride(Player5,LeaveAreaLUA("BG0506","",[328.646],E))
        ActionOverride(Player6,LeaveAreaLUA("BG0506","",[613.857],E))
        MultiPlayerSync()
END

I can't find DMWWFissionBurn in any other BCS file...

Workaround : use CLUA : C:SetGlobal("DMWWFissionBurn","GLOBAL",1)

Change-log of BG0507.BCS (EET part) :

Mods affecting BG0507.BCS:
00000: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 1000 // Initialise mod (all other components require this): v30 BWP Fix

Change-log of BG0507.BCS (BG1EE part) : Nothing

Hmmm... I remember having this bug so long ago...

Just a well-known SCS bug (I post this here, just in case...) : you can find it in every forum about BG :)

Confirmed - that blocking global is added by mod. (yes, and the bug existed forever in BGT).

Problem is that many tweak mods are just ported to technically work with EET but without thorough analysis of their in-game impact (or their need, as EE/EET has adopted a lot of stuff formerly added by mods already thus making things redundant.)

This is one issue of the compatibility list at this moment - the list just tells you that the mod works in EET but it does not guarantee for bug-free or inter-mod compatibility. There are some mods on the list that from a quality point of view should not be there, they may impact the acceptance of EET once it goes beyond Release Candidate status.

Edited by Roxanne

I'll try asking again on the forums. I think it was in development back then. Since then, the mod has been completed (the ToB portion was released).

K4thos, is there a way to patch it manually so it can be incorporated into EET?

I'm pretty sure there won't be more versions of Imoen Romance, so perhaps you can be persuaded (as if: begged :p) to release a compatibility patch?

Edited by czacki

Well, I can always post a small donation for him :) I'm from a dirt poor country so I can't offer much money as gratitude though.

Imoen Romance mod's history is complicated, the mod was tossed back and forth between a couple modders, and it never really gathered a huge fanbase (now it's probably mostly abandoned after getting finally finished after like 10 years of development), but I really like the writing on that one. Most romance mods are poop, but this one has some extraordinary depth for a mod. And the music's great! :3 I'm aware that there's not much people (modders in general) who will ensure EET compatilbility themselves on this one. I guess only K4thos can do it at this point.

I will try to contact the Imoen Romance ToB modder, but he'll most likely not be interested in doing any modwork anymore :)

Edited by czacki

Well, I can always post a small donation for him :) I'm from a dirt poor country so I can't offer much money as gratitude though.

Imoen Romance mod's history is complicated, the mod was tossed back and forth between a couple modders, and it never really gathered a huge fanbase (now it's probably mostly abandoned after getting finally finished after like 10 years of development), but I really like the writing on that one. Most romance mods are poop, but this one has some extraordinary depth for a mod. And the music's great! :3 I'm aware that there's not much people (modders in general) who will ensure EET compatilbility themselves on this one. I guess only K4thos can do it at this point.

I will try to contact the Imoen Romance ToB modder, but he'll most likely not be interested in doing any modwork anymore :)

I was always a fan of this mod in the *old* BGT days and familiar with the contents (and the technical problems) this mod always had. It is not an easy conversion for this mod because of the way the Imoen.cre is treated in EET and in the mod (this was already problematic in BGT). The big issue will be that the EET version for this one will require more than making it compatible with BG2EE/ToB but also with the continuous Imoen from BGEE. From a modder's point of view I would even say, one should rework the dream sequences etc not to a) collide with the Irenicus dreams b) use a dedicated strawman-Imoen to separate her from the *real* one following you through EET.

Last point of hinderance is that it is not feasible to have a separate EET version of the mod instead of one that can fit old and new game + BGT + EET.

Edited by Roxanne

Sounds complicated :( I tried to contact Isreal Blagh (the last coder of Imoen Romance) on the subject. We'll see if he responds, but I find it unlikely, TBH. Because I'm pretty sure he just feels done with the project - it is released and working, after all.

It also sounds like something I defo can't do myself, as I have zero knowledge about proper modding. Shucks.

Well, there's still some hope if K4thos decides to help :p I think he already created a patch for that mod once.