Mod Compatibility List for EET

Can you help me with a load order for this list I planned to use?

Mods that can be installed on BG:EE previous to installing EET on BG2:EE

5.1 Dark Horizons BG:EE
6.2 Baldur's Gate Mini Quests and Encounters
8.1 BG1 NPC Project
8.2 BG1 NPC Project Music Pack 
9.1 BG1 Unfinished Business 
8.20 Vynd NPC Mod

Saradas Magic

Mods that can be installed after EET on BG2:EE

1.10 Ascension 
4.4 The Darkest Day EE edition (TDDz)
5.2 Dark Side of the Sword Coast BGT/EET edition 
6.6 Ascalons Questpack Update Project
10.13 Assassinations (Patch)
18.32 Alternatives (Patch)
21.13 Afaaq, the Djinni Companion
22.10 Sword Coast Stratagems 

Baldur's Gate Graphics Overhaul for EET
 EET Tweaks
 EEUITweaks User Interface Mods Collection
 Portraits Portraits Everywhere 

Can you help me with a load order for this list I planned to use?

Mods that can be installed on BG:EE previous to installing EET on BG2:EE

5.1 Dark Horizons BG:EE
6.2 Baldur's Gate Mini Quests and Encounters
8.1 BG1 NPC Project
8.2 BG1 NPC Project Music Pack 
9.1 BG1 Unfinished Business 
8.20 Vynd NPC Mod

Saradas Magic

Mods that can be installed after EET on BG2:EE

1.10 Ascension 
4.4 The Darkest Day EE edition (TDDz)
5.2 Dark Side of the Sword Coast BGT/EET edition 
6.6 Ascalons Questpack Update Project
10.13 Assassinations (Patch)
18.32 Alternatives (Patch)
21.13 Afaaq, the Djinni Companion
22.10 Sword Coast Stratagems 

EET Tweaks
 EEUITweaks User Interface Mods Collection
 Portraits Portraits Everywhere 

I am pretty sure you will not have problems with the order as you have listed them.

I am not completely sure however if there is some overlap/interference between SCS individual components and EET Tweaks component. I propose to consult the readme's of those mods if you find components that sound as if they would do the same/opposite - but the problem will not be install order but component selection.

And the ???s I didn't find info for?

Like I said, use the order like you have written them, i.e Saradas at the end of the BGEE mods

and those four in BG2EE after everything else

Portraits Portraits Everywhere (it takes some time because of the large amount of creatures it changes)

EET Tweaks (just put it late in case you want to add or uninstall any component)

EEUITweaks User Interface Mods Collection (makes it easier to change your selection, just in case...)

Edited by Roxanne

Hi K4thos. I looked at all the mods in the opening post that have EET-patched replacement files and almost all of the versions match the latest available.

I found one with a newer version: Edwin Romance 2.0.7 at http://www.shsforums.net/topic/58520-edwin-romance-v207/ (you patched 2.0.6)

I haven't done a detailed comparison, but it looks like you had to change a lot of files for that mod, so the replacement files probably need to be updated.

We shouldn't need to guess TDDz needs the original TDD folder in place. Please add the comment on the list.

Also TDDz has a lot of components not listed in the BWS pdf.

DSotSC components are nothing like the BWS pdf.

Had the ERROR: Failure("EET/FluidStates.tpa has not been detected") in ac_quest, already reported here and the solution works.

Edited by eXistenZe

...the BWS pdf.

Erhm, what are you talking about ? You probably mean the BWP .pdf file from Nov 2015... the BWS is the Setup program that's update to the BWInstall.bat program, that also downloads and makes the games for you. Though it doesn't have the EET yet..

We shouldn't need to guess TDDz needs the original TDD folder in place. Please add the comment on the list.

Also TDDz has a lot of components not listed in the BWS pdf.

DSotSC components are nothing like the BWS pdf.

Had the ERROR: Failure("EET/FluidStates.tpa has not been detected") in ac_quest, already reported here and the solution works.

The guide does no longer reflect the so-called megamods status in EET. Some modders have taken the extra work to modernise those very old monolitic mods into components (and also to adjust some overpowered items/spells etc). In EET you should now have the chance to play those mods just for the added contents.

The BWP (not BWS) has not been updated to know about EET versions at all. It is still a very good guideline but no longer up-to-date in every detail.

Edited by Roxanne

Fading Promises v7: Here (http://www.shsforums.net/topic/58655-fading-promises-v7-bugs/) are some fixes posted. Are these included in EET patches? There are also some fixes in BigWorldFixPack:

:: fadingpromises - Fading Promises v7

:: the bigg's KIT.IDS ToBEx compatibility fix

:: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/42220-fixes-for-the-big-fixpack/?p=548858

:: Lollorian's patch to add B!AMACE.ITM to UDTRAP02.CRE if not present

:: -LINK NOT FOUND -

What about these?

Edited by Azoth

Another CtD

This time entering BG1114 area caused by

IF
Global("PWBG1Quest11","BG1114",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("PWBG1Quest11","BG1114",1)
CreateCreature("PWilja",[436.483],SSE)
END

Once more related to the Wedges mod (Wedges BGT Adventure Pack ) as already reported here http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28161&page=43&do=findComment&comment=248132.

This mod is really work-in-progress and should not yet be on that list. Having such mods included on the list may give the impression that they have some status or even be reommended for EET. This may give the whole EET project some bad impression.

Apart from several CtDs caused by the mod, it also puts a large number of (planned) NPCs in various areas but they have no function at this time.

To make it clear - it is not my intention to discredit any mod here.

But to give EET and the list some credibility, someone with a good reputation and knowledge should really write a bit of a recommendation (including proposed install order) to accompany the list.

Edited by Roxanne

Thanks a lot agb1!

I just need to find out how to apply the BigWorldFixPack manually later when I'm ready for an EET run. Still busy with Improved Anvil...

Drizzt Saga v3:

I was reading here about an corrupted item which can cause a crash (http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?showtopic=5223) and here about some code improvements (last post written by swit/k4thos https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/29969/drizzt-saga-v3-released-now-bgee-compatible). Does any1 know the status of these?

BWFixpack manual use is simple. Download and extract in your BG folder like any other mod. Extract all other mods you plan to use. Then run the BiG World Fixpack.bat script in your game folder. The BWFixpack patches mods pre-WeiDU-installation, so you must run it before you actually start running the setup-exes. But it doesn't do anything until you run its .bat file, so the order of extraction doesn't matter. One caveat: for EE, delete some patches from the Fixpack folder, in particular BiG World Fixpack\item_rev and \spell_rev, because the BWFixpack patches are still for the old pre-beta versions of those mods, not for the new EE-compatible beta versions. Also, you should extract K4thos' EET-patches first (these directly replace files in other mods' folders), before running the BWFixpack. Some of the BWFixpack patches might fail because K4thos' made too many changes, but you need his changes to use those mods with EET at all.