Mod Compatibility List for EET

Shar-teel: You! Tall, dark, and moronic! Face me in battle! I've had enough of you!

Dorn: I have no time to deal with the likes of you.

Shar-teel: A coward AND a man? Come, draw your blade!

Is this quote from EE? (I can't keep up)

it's vanilla BG:EE content (added by Beamdog)

@K4thos

Here's the savegame.

http://www.filedropper.com/000000047-testeet

tested and I've managed to reproduce the problem in my game. Seems to be vanilla BG:EE bug caused by this code triggered by "A coward AND a man? Come, draw your blade!" dialogue state:

SetGlobal("DORN_SHARTEEL_FIGHT","GLOBAL",2)
ActionOverride("DORN",MakeUnselectable(1000))
MakeUnselectable(1000)

According to IESDP MakeUnselectable causes NPC to stop processing local scripts, so nothing mentioned in this post actually triggers since that script is not working. And this is in fact the case in BG2:EE. I don't see it reported on Beamdog Redmine yet, so it should be also tested in vanilla BG:EE just in case there are engine differences when it comes to this action.

Edited by K4thos

ok, now the weired part - there is in fact engine difference when it comes to MakeUnselectable action. After changing engine_mode from 1 (BG2:EE) to 0 (BG:EE) in engine.lua local scripts are processed normally after MakeUnselectable is used in EET. Also tested it on vanilla BG:EE - same behaviour there too. Which means we will need to change the code in EET for this event since there is no chance that Beamdog will change this part when it already works in BG:EE.

Not yet sure what workaround will be used. Is there any other similar action that doesn't allow player to control NPC without kicking them from the party? Or maybe similar fight occurs somewhere in BG2 between party members, so we could use that code?

As for your problem, eXistenZe, for now just save and re-load the game - this way the game will once again start processing Dorn's local script and the fight will occur.

Edited by K4thos

ok, now the weired part - there is in fact engine difference when it comes to MakeUnselectable action. After changing engine_mode from 1 (BG2:EE) to 0 (BG:EE) in engine.lua local scripts are processed normally after MakeUnselectable is used in EET. Also tested it on vanilla BG:EE - same behaviour there too. Which means we will need to change the code in EET for this event since there is no chance that Beamdog will change this part when it already works in BG:EE.

Not yet sure what workaround will be used. Is there any other similar action that doesn't allow player to control NPC without kicking them from the party? Or maybe similar fight occurs somewhere in BG2 between party members, so we could use that code?

As for your problem, eXistenZe, for now just save and re-load the game - this way the game will once again start processing Dorn's local script and the fight will occur.

Question to this issue:

Is there again a difference when it comes to ToB (I thought it uses BG2EE?). I used the unselectable feature in a late part of my mod and it seems (although NPCs are unselectable by the player) the stuff from their override script is working still in that state. Or maybe the circumstances are different, I have not a fight between party members but other things.

Disregard the question, I do some additional things here to get the effect I want.

ActionOverride("ToCyric",MakeUnselectable(150000))

ActionOverride("ToPellig",MakeUnselectable(150000))

ActionOverride("ToAdon",MakeUnselectable(150000))

ActionOverride("ToLini",MakeUnselectable(150000))

ActionOverride("ToPellig",ForceSpell("ToPellig",HOLD_PARTY))

ActionOverride("ToPellig",ForceSpell("Tolini",HOLD_PARTY))

ActionOverride("ToPellig",ForceSpell("Toadon",HOLD_PARTY))

ApplySpellRES("BGSLEEP","ToPellig")

ApplySpellRES("BGSLEEP","Toadon")

ApplySpellRES("BGSLEEP","Tolini")

Edited by Roxanne

Opcode 365 (Make unselectable) does something similar, but with more control over which aspects should be disabled (dialogue, scripts, selection circle). It's currently used for the spirit animals summoned by the shamanic dance.

Thanks, that's exactly what was needed. Tested and works. I see that I need to update my IESDP bookmark since the one hosted on G3 doesn't list this effect. It was added by patch 2.x I believe.

The problem will be fixed in the next version. In case someone looking for solving similar issue will find this topic by searching the board I've attached 2 spells here that can be used to replicate MakeUnselectable functionality in BG2:EE to work like in BG:EE (second spell is used to remove the effect).

Roxanne, MakeUnselectable action in BG2:EE works exactly the same as in ToB engine. It's the BG:EE engine that has been tweaked to work differently.

Opcode365SpellApply&Remove.zip

Edited by K4thos

Opcode 365 (Make unselectable) does something similar, but with more control over which aspects should be disabled (dialogue, scripts, selection circle). It's currently used for the spirit animals summoned by the shamanic dance.

Thanks, that's exactly what was needed. Tested and works. I see that I need to update my IESDP bookmark since the one hosted on G3 doesn't list this effect. It was added by patch 2.x I believe.

I opened an issue on the IESDP repository suggesting a revised description for action 182: https://github.com/Gibberlings3/iesdp/issues/27

I opened an issue on the IESDP repository suggesting a revised description for action 182: https://github.com/Gibberlings3/iesdp/issues/27

opcode 365 description can also mention that the effect is correctly recognised by UnselectableVariableGT(0) trigger - just tested.

Edited by K4thos

There is an issue with Valerie NPC and EET compatibility:

At BG1 end she transits into SoD when in party and she stays in the party after you leave Koslaz dungeon, This by itself is completely legitimate (my own NPC does the same), but in Valerie's case tis seems to be an error - she has no SoD contents and still *thinks* she is in BG1, having interactions to the pre-Sarevok plot etc.

I call it a bug because there was a similar issue with her in BGT, where she followed the transition into Irenicus dungeon after BG1 although her BG2 contents did not exist,

Her EET compatibility might have been determined on basis of the earlier version without SoD?

So does EET properly support the updated lvl1npc mod?

It's more like the Level1NPCs mod needs to support the EET, not the other way around. Go here and try. Yeah, I haven't tested it at all even though I attached the(windows) file. I trust CrevsDaak enough to do that much, that I don't need to test it.

I've added a patch for Revised Battles 6.3 to the BiG World Fixpack:

1. Added EET/BGT chapter numbering

2. Disabled unnecessary copy commands that cause EE install error

3. Blocked Lug spawning in BG1/BGEE/SOD

This might be enough to make the mod EET compatible: it successfully installs all components on a clean BG2EE install, but I haven't tested in-game or examined the code for potential clobbering of EE resources/changes.

There seems to be quite some overlap between this, and the BiG-World-Fixpack git repo.

Both port abandoned mods to the EE engine (e.g. by adding HANDLE_CHARSETS and removing bogus REQUIRE_FILE checks), and - at least some of the time - add Mac & Linux compatibility (e.g. by replacing custom batch code with HANDLE_AUDIO and HANDLE_TILESETS).

This means that in order to install old mods on the EE (even without EET), users like me should now look in both of those git repos for possible patches.

Have you considered joining efforts with the BiG World dudes and adding your fixes to the BiG-World-Fixpack (which despite the name can be used separately from BiG-World-Setup)?

That way, we would have a single git repo with modernization/compatibility patches for abandoned mods, making things simpler for players and avoiding duplication of efforts on your end.

(In case of non-abandoned mods, the preferable solutions is of course to get the mod author to add EE and EET support to the mod and release a new version.)

I've created a WeiDU script for installing the BiG World Fixpack, as a replacement for the original Windows-only batch script.

Once we've confirmed that it works on Linux and Mac, it will be a viable cross-platform alternative to the EET-patches-for-BG2EE file replacement approach and we can look to fully merge the projects.