Mod Compatibility List for EET

If you wait until Friday you can use BWS and be really lazy. I'm almost done merging patches from K4thos with the existing patches in the fixpack.

1. After EET

2. Not sure it works - consider subtledoctor's NPC_EE (in-game kit selection menu for every party npc)

3. Works without SR but still recommend using fixpack.

that makes me wanna hug you :)

I love BWS, so happy to see it finally supporting all my favorite mods.

But how do you use it? IIRC you have to BWS BG1 first, then BG2... should I mod BG1 via BWS, then install BG2, then mod it via BWS (which includes EET)? I used BWS a lot in the past but never to combine both games ;)

Edited by czacki

Hey everyone,

First time using BWS for an install, used to do it dirty and oldschool with notepad.
A few questions so I can catch up and play in 2016 with the rest of you :

1/ From what point in the installation procedure do I have to start using BWS ?

- I guess I still have to modmerge manually (Steam versions) ?
- BWS will auto sort and install BGEE mods, then EET, the BG2EE mods ... or do I have to start from a BGEE mods + EET / Vanilla EET install ?

2/ The Fixpack is mysterious :

- Do I still have to download it separately, then place it in the folder with uncompressed mod files ... or is it added in the installation list as another mod itself ?
- Will the K4thos patches be installation specific once in the fixpack (recognizing EET or its absence) like it was done for SCS (amazing stuff right there) ?

3/ On a side, unrelated note, I read somewhere around these parts that the transition from BG1 to BG2 for items (and poor Boo among them) is not supported and open to modders to find a creative way to recover some, if any items in the BG2 parts of the game. Nothing exists ? I could come up with a decent EETweak out of it (if it is still supported).

4/ I have also read that content mods that I plan to install (BG1 NPC project and the likes) have been successfully visited in some installs (might be Roxanne's). I am planning to do a rather Tweak heavy install. At least SCS, Rogue rebalancing, and Spell Rev, plus the new Imoen Romance from vanatos (might regain its spot on the front page compatibility list by the way). Any playtesting guidance / request for feedback is welcome.

Cheers,

J.

Here are some new mods to be considered under Section 2 of the compatibility list

- Chloe http://www.shsforums.net/topic/58685-bg2ee-chloe/?do=findComment&comment=591197

- NTotSC-interim (required for Sandrah) https://github.com/RoxanneSHS/NTotSCEET-Interim/archive/master.zip

- Sandrah Saga http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/1154-sandrah-saga-for-eet/

If you want to install all of it, the sequence should be 1. NTotSC(both parts) 2. Chloe 3. Sandrah (all three parts), Sandrah also requires BP-BGT Wolrdmap (patched for EET) to be installed afterwards.

PS There is a lot of crossmod contents if Sandrah is installed after Chloe (but not other way round).

Forgot this one - moves EET imported items to the dungeon after you activated the Golem

1/ From what point in the installation procedure do I have to start using BWS ?

- I guess I still have to modmerge manually (Steam versions) ?

Yes, if you have Steam or GoG version of BGEE+SoD, you need to run modmerge in the BGEE folder before starting the BWS installation. If you forget, BWS will remind you.

- BWS will auto sort and install BGEE mods, then EET, the BG2EE mods ... or do I have to start from a BGEE mods + EET / Vanilla EET install ?

Start with clean un-modded BGEE+SoD (only run modmerge) and clean un-modded BG2EE folder. BWS will install all pre-EET mods into the BGEE folder, then switch to the BG2EE folder automatically.

2/ The Fixpack is mysterious :

- Do I still have to download it separately, then place it in the folder with uncompressed mod files ... or is it added in the installation list as another mod itself ?

It is part of the installation list automatically and it is mandatory - you are not allowed to use BWS without the BiG World Fixpack.

- Will the K4thos patches be installation specific once in the fixpack (recognizing EET or its absence) like it was done for SCS (amazing stuff right there) ?

Yes. Most of K4thos' patches were written to work with-or-without EET, like unofficial new releases of each of the mods, so those patches will always be applied. A few patches, like extra map icons for EET on the BP-BGT-Worldmap, might need to be used only with EET. Either way, users won't have to worry about it. I expect to finish merging the patches today.

3/ On a side, unrelated note, I read somewhere around these parts that the transition from BG1 to BG2 for items (and poor Boo among them) is not supported and open to modders to find a creative way to recover some, if any items in the BG2 parts of the game. Nothing exists ? I could come up with a decent EETweak out of it (if it is still supported).

On the first page of this thread at the bottom there is a mod called www.urstuff2athkatla.com -- a joke name. Its purpose is to import all of your BG1 items to BG2. It works by disabling the EET item transition code that removes items from your inventory, so it's not very "realistic" (you start BG2 with all of your equipment, even though you are imprisoned). I would recommend using Roxanne's EETMoveItemsSOA below instead, but I haven't added it to BWS yet. I will do that today also.

Thanks a lot agb1, pretty clear for me now, I will wait your release to try it out then.

I would recommend using Roxanne's EETMoveItemsSOA below instead, but I haven't added it to BWS yet. I will do that today also.

I too prefer this option, and I plan to use it rather than doing my own (sweet lazy feelings).
Just wondering how does EET picks which BG1 items go into the K#ImportContainer thingy and will then make it to the table ?

Still, this kind of stuff is a matter of preferences and would make a decent Tweak with several options later on i suppose, especially looking for immersive options (keep all items / keep some / keep one + vanilla / vanilla, only golden pants / they end up on the table / scattered among the Irenicus dungeon creatures ...). Roxanne's work will be perfect for my tastes anyway I suppose.

Thanks.

For anyone who is waiting for my promised merged patches... I am getting closer and still anticipate finishing tomorrow. I plan to validate everything with a BWS-EET test install, then officially enable EET in BWS as well.

Meanwhile, I'm also helping Lava with updates for the Colours of Infinity mods, including K4thos' EET patches, Fixpack patches, converted graphics, updated translations and improved compatibility (e.g., BP-BGT-Worldmap always compatible, instead of either/or with regular worldmap).

In short - plenty of improvements coming soon, thanks for your patience.

For anyone who is waiting for my promised merged patches... I am getting closer and still anticipate finishing tomorrow. I plan to validate everything with a BWS-EET test install, then officially enable EET in BWS as well.

Thanks for your hard work! I'm waiting impatiently for EET support in BWS. Is it possible for you to write somewhere how to install EET and mods using BWS?

Meanwhile, I'm also helping Lava with updates for the Colours of Infinity mods, including K4thos' EET patches, Fixpack patches, converted graphics, updated translations and improved compatibility (e.g., BP-BGT-Worldmap always compatible, instead of either/or with regular worldmap).

In short - plenty of improvements coming soon, thanks for your patience.

Love it. Can't wait :)

Thanks for your hard work! I'm waiting impatiently for EET support in BWS. Is it possible for you to write somewhere how to install EET and mods using BWS?

User experience will be the same as installing BGT. You will give the path to BG1EE and BG2EE folders, and it will only let you select mods that are EET compatible, and it will do all of the patching and installing for you.

This is already working in BWS, just hidden by a single $HideEET = 1 line in Includes\MiscGUI.au3. The remaining problem is that K4thos' EET patches and the BiG World Fixpack contain partially overlapping fixes and BWS currently applies both, which results in some patches being lost. Once I finish merging, BWS will only use the Fixpack.

User experience will be the same as installing BGT. You will give the path to BG1EE and BG2EE folders, and it will only let you select mods that are EET compatible, and it will do all of the patching and installing for you.

This is already working in BWS, just hidden by a single $HideEET = 1 line in Includes\MiscGUI.au3. The remaining problem is that K4thos' EET patches and the BiG World Fixpack contain partially overlapping fixes and BWS currently applies both, which results in some patches being lost. Once I finish merging, BWS will only use the Fixpack.

Ok, but i never installed BGT. So i guess, first i install mods at BG:SoD using BWS, then manually install EET and then install mods at BG2/EET using BWS, right?

Edited by Etamin

You start with clean, unmodded BG1EE and BG2EE folders. If you have GoG or Steam version of SoD, you need to run the modmerge tool in BG1EE folder manually. After that, BWS does everything.

Edit: Meaning, BWS unpacks and installs pre-EET mods in BG1EE folder, then switches to BG2EE folder, unpacks, installs EET, installs following mods. You don't run BWS separately for BG1/BG2.

Edited by agb1

NPC_EE is on the compatibility list but the npc class changes don't seem to work on my install, anyone else tried the mod with EET?

The problem with npc EE isn't that it doesn't work at all but the class changes were applied to the BG2 versions of the characters (for xan and branwen, modded) and didn't work at all for dynaheir. They worked for Nalia though, I didn't try any other.

here is a list of all renamed BG1 joinable NPC CRE files in EET:

"EDWIN7" => "EDWIN7_"
    "IMOEN6" => "IMOEN6_"
    "JAHEIR7" => "JAHEIR7_"
    "MINSC7" => "MINSC7_"
    "QUAYLE" => "QUAYLE_"
    "VICONI6" => "VICONI6_"
    "XAN" => "XAN_"
    "XZAR" => "XZAR_"

Hmm. That list has increased since you helped me add EET compatibility to NPC_EE. I have made a number of changes to the mod under the hood - the main one being that it can now be translated, if anyone wants to translate it for their native game language. I've also updated the EET compatibility like so:

ALWAYS
// joinable NPC issues for tutu/bgt/eet:
  ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~bgee~ BEGIN
    OUTER_SPRINT tutu_var ~~
    OUTER_SPRINT imoen6_var ~imoen6~
    OUTER_SPRINT jaheir7_var ~jaheir7~
    OUTER_SPRINT minsc7_var ~minsc7~
    OUTER_SPRINT quayle_var ~quayle~
    OUTER_SPRINT viconi6_var ~viconi6~
    OUTER_SPRINT xan_var ~xan~
    OUTER_SPRINT xzar_var ~xzar~
  END ELSE ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~eet~ BEGIN
    OUTER_SPRINT tutu_var ~~
    OUTER_SPRINT imoen6_var ~imoen6_~
    OUTER_SPRINT jaheir7_var ~jaheir7_~
    OUTER_SPRINT minsc7_var ~minsc7_~
    OUTER_SPRINT quayle_var ~quayle_~
    OUTER_SPRINT viconi6_var ~viconi6_~
    OUTER_SPRINT xan_var ~xan_~
    OUTER_SPRINT xzar_var ~xzar_~
  END ELSE ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~bgt~ BEGIN
    OUTER_SPRINT tutu_var ~~
    OUTER_SPRINT imoen6_var ~imoen61~
    OUTER_SPRINT quayle_var ~bgquayle~
    OUTER_SPRINT viconi6_var ~viconi61~
    OUTER_SPRINT xan_var ~bgxan~
    OUTER_SPRINT xzar_var ~bgxzar~
  END ELSE ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~tutu tutu_totsc~ BEGIN
    OUTER_SPRINT tutu_var ~_~
    OUTER_SPRINT imoen6_var ~imoen6~
    OUTER_SPRINT quayle_var ~quayle~
    OUTER_SPRINT viconi6_var ~viconi6~
    OUTER_SPRINT xan_var ~xan~
    OUTER_SPRINT xzar_var ~xzar~
  END
END

ACTION_FOR_EACH char IN ~%tutu_var%IMOEN1~ ~%tutu_var%IMOEN2~ ~%tutu_var%IMOEN4~ ~%tutu_var%%IMOEN6_var%~ ~%tutu_var%IMOEN6~ ~IMOEN10~ ~IMOEN15~ ~IMOEN211~ ~IMOEN213~ BEGIN
  ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~%char%.cre~ BEGIN
    COPY_EXISTING ~%char%.cre~ ~override~

That SHOULD be working on EET... but I cannot test since EET is not currently working on OS X (...yet? ever?) If anyone is planning a new EET install in the near future I would greatly appreciate it if you would consider installing NPC_EE as well. The latest version (2.6.1 as of this writing) can be found at the top of this page.

NOTE: the above errors might possibly have been problems with install order. NPC_EE must be installed *after* EET, because it relies on "GAME_IS ~eet~" working, and it must find and patch the EET versions of the .cre files as listed by k4thos above.

In other news, not specifically related to EET, but Scales of Balance has been updated to v5.5 and the YARAS armor system is now highly configurable and works with any game language! :)

Okay I'm leaving now. ;)

Regarding the Out of Memory error when installing EET, in my case it has been consistently failing during the EET_PCU_match macro patching of SHARTJ.DLG during the conversion process.

Mods affecting SHARTJ.DLG:
00000: ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ 0 1 // Beregost Family Quest: v14
00001: ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ 0 2 // Installing the Babysitting Quest, including the Carnival Encounter...: v14
00002: ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ 0 3 // Nashkel Monster Quest: v14
00003: ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ 0 4 // Fallen Paladin Quest: v14
00004: ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ 0 5 // Undying Love Quest: v14
00005: ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ 0 1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v22.3_20160416
00006: ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ 0 13 // The BG1 NPC Project: Shar-Teel Relationship Core (adult content): v22.3_20160416
00007: ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ 0 14 // The BG1 NPC Project: Xan's Romance Core (teen content): v22.3_20160416
00008: ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ 0 200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues: v22.3_20160416
00009: ~MUR'NETH/MUR'NETH.TP2~ 0 0 // The Mur'Neth NPC mod for Baldur's Gate Tutu or Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU: v11 BWP Fix
00010: ~FINCHNPC/FINCHNPC.TP2~ 0 0 // Finch NPC: v4.0 BETA 7
00011: ~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ 0 1 // Gavin: Romance (mature content): v9 BWP Fix
SHARTJ.DLG had 22 dialogue states before all these mods, and 1246 states after. 600 of those states were the Shar-Teel Relationship Core (BG1NPC component 13).

So I uninstalled BG1NPC 13 and tried again, and the EET installation completed successfully.

Regarding the Out of Memory error when installing EET, in my case it has been consistently failing during the EET_PCU_match macro patching of SHARTJ.DLG during the conversion process.

Mods affecting SHARTJ.DLG:
00000: ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ 0 1 // Beregost Family Quest: v14
00001: ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ 0 2 // Installing the Babysitting Quest, including the Carnival Encounter...: v14
00002: ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ 0 3 // Nashkel Monster Quest: v14
00003: ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ 0 4 // Fallen Paladin Quest: v14
00004: ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ 0 5 // Undying Love Quest: v14
00005: ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ 0 1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v22.3_20160416
00006: ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ 0 13 // The BG1 NPC Project: Shar-Teel Relationship Core (adult content): v22.3_20160416
00007: ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ 0 14 // The BG1 NPC Project: Xan's Romance Core (teen content): v22.3_20160416
00008: ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ 0 200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues: v22.3_20160416
00009: ~MUR'NETH/MUR'NETH.TP2~ 0 0 // The Mur'Neth NPC mod for Baldur's Gate Tutu or Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU: v11 BWP Fix
00010: ~FINCHNPC/FINCHNPC.TP2~ 0 0 // Finch NPC: v4.0 BETA 7
00011: ~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ 0 1 // Gavin: Romance (mature content): v9 BWP Fix
SHARTJ.DLG had 22 dialogue states before all these mods, and 1246 states after. 600 of those states were the Shar-Teel Relationship Core (BG1NPC component 13).

So I uninstalled BG1NPC 13 and tried again, and the EET installation completed successfully.

I have the (almost) the same changelog except this

My ShartJ has just 1245 states (one less, most likely the murneth one) - and I never had any problem with EET.

May there be an issue with that one mod?