Mod Compatibility List for EET

Yeah, I knew about those somehow.

Seems like the modding community has really done a ton of work with the EE's now. Incidentally, what about the item randomiser, are there big hurdles to make it EET compatible? With L1NPC + randomiser compatability, EET is basically a strict improvement to my old GoG install.

Unfinished Business Boo Kidnapping quest does not trigger in EET. In case anyone is having the same problem, you can trigger it by changing the Chapter global variable to a any number smaller than 4. (UB checks the chapter before triggering the quest because in BG2, once you reach chapter 4 there is no way to get Boo back until chapter 6, by then Minsc would have left the party; but in EET, SoA starts at chapter 13).

Hmm, I see now K4thos proclaimed Item Randomiser compatibility back in january, yet It's not in any of the liste in the OP. Anyone know whether bugs were discovered or he simply forgot to add it to the list? Or am I missing something?

Probably best way to decide is to do such an install and when performance issues appear do a biffing and see if it helps (like it always did in BGT for me).

I've tested it with all BG:EE and IWD:EE resources inside EET override directory, including uncompressed TIS files (you can force the installer to not biff sounds and graphic resources) which means several GB of data and didn't noticed any slowdawns or load times in the game (at least in Candlekeep and Lion's Way).

Anyway the first post has been updated with following entries:

• Alternatives
  • Edwin Romance
  • Generalized Biffing
  • Haer'Dalis Romance v2.1
  • Imoen Friendship (SoA & ToB)
  • Item Randomiser v7 dev release dated 160110
  • IWDification vBeta3
  • Kivan and Deheriana Companions for BG2
  • Mazzy Friendship (SoA & ToB)
  • Sarevok Romance
  • Song and Silence
  • The Gibberlings Three Anniversary Mod
  • Tyris Flare
  • Viconia Friendship (SoA & ToB)
  • W_PackMule
  • Wheels of Prophecy
Patches for those new mods that need them are now available on GitHub. Unless I missed something every single BG2:EE Gibberlings 3 mod should now work with EET. We will focus on contacting authors now to try to get as many of them internalized as possible.

Every single mod on that list is included in the OP except the randomiser.

Edited by Grunker

There is an issue with Valerie NPC and EET compatibility:

At BG1 end she transits into SoD when in party and she stays in the party after you leave Koslaz dungeon, This by itself is completely legitimate (my own NPC does the same), but in Valerie's case tis seems to be an error - she has no SoD contents and still *thinks* she is in BG1, having interactions to the pre-Sarevok plot etc.

I call it a bug because there was a similar issue with her in BGT, where she followed the transition into Irenicus dungeon after BG1 although her BG2 contents did not exist,

Her EET compatibility might have been determined on basis of the earlier version without SoD?

this is BG:EE mod so it's up to author to update it to support SoD. Exactly the same thing would happen in vanilla BG:EE, so it's not something related to EET that should disqualify the mod when it comes to compatibility.

Using the item import mod in the compatibility list doesn't seem to stop EET from removing all my items upon transition to SoA (as far as I can see EET creates a new bag for import of certain items and removes everything else). Is it no longer compatible, or is it more likely a mod conflict?

this mod has been removed from compatibility list. EET_Tweaks will come with tweak for this when it (finally) becomes updated.

I've added a patch for Revised Battles 6.3 to the BiG World Fixpack:

1. Added EET/BGT chapter numbering

2. Disabled unnecessary copy commands that cause EE install error

3. Blocked Lug spawning in BG1/BGEE/SOD

This might be enough to make the mod EET compatible: it successfully installs all components on a clean BG2EE install, but I haven't tested in-game or examined the code for potential clobbering of EE resources/changes.

added to compatibility list with "needs testing" information.

There seems to be quite some overlap between this, and the BiG-World-Fixpack git repo.
Both port abandoned mods to the EE engine (e.g. by adding HANDLE_CHARSETS and removing bogus REQUIRE_FILE checks), and - at least some of the time - add Mac & Linux compatibility (e.g. by replacing custom batch code with HANDLE_AUDIO and HANDLE_TILESETS).
This means that in order to install old mods on the EE (even without EET), users like me should now look in both of those git repos for possible patches.
Have you considered joining efforts with the BiG World dudes and adding your fixes to the BiG-World-Fixpack (which despite the name can be used separately from BiG-World-Setup)?
That way, we would have a single git repo with modernization/compatibility patches for abandoned mods, making things simpler for players and avoiding duplication of efforts on your end.
(In case of non-abandoned mods, the preferable solutions is of course to get the mod author to add EE and EET support to the mod and release a new version.)

good point. I was contacted by agb1 regarding this. Github repository with patches has been deleted and topic description has been updated. Thanks agb1 and BWP team for the effort.

FlameWing's Multikit mod v0.27.3 (no changes)

Multiclassed Multikit Builder Mod v0.27.3 or above

both are the same mods

indeed, thanks

Final BG1EE fight bug : Sarevok unkillable

Yet another old bug ? well, this time I don't think so.

Reminder : I play with SCS, so, I need to kill the 4 mates before being able to kill Sarevok.

In, the old bug, you just had to CLUA 1 (or 2) of the missing mates, kill the 4 mates, and then kill Sarevok.

Here, everything goes as it should until the very end :

- first time I hit Sarevok, He says he is invincible thanks to his 4 mates : "Oh, my foolish <PRO_BROTHERSISTER>... You have no power to harm me. Do you think I chose to confront you in this place through some sense of theater?"

- as soon as I kill, one mate, he says I understood but it remains 3 mates : "A predictable ploy, <PRO_BROTHERSISTER>. And impressive, as well, but ultimately futile. I have three others..."

- as soon as I have killed all 4 mates, he says "Does it end here, then, <PRO_BROTHERSISTER>? You have taken my acolytes, taken my shield from harm. Am I not to become a god?"

But after that, I should be able to kill him ! I am not :)

I think one "Action" is missing in the last dialog : there is only "SetGlobal("DMWWSarevokFight","GLOBAL",4)"

But I've checked, only SAREVOK_.bcs is using this var :

IF

Global("DMWWSarevokFight","GLOBAL",4)

!GlobalTimerNotExpired("castspell","LOCALS")

HasItem("potn07",Myself) // Potion of Storm Giant Strength

THEN

RESPONSE #100

SetGlobalTimer("castspell","LOCALS",ONE_ROUND)

UseItem("potn07",Myself) // Potion of Storm Giant Strength

DisplayStringHead(Myself,278836) // Quaffs potion of storm giant strength

ENDWell... nothing that will make him killable.

I would be glad if someone could help me :)

Edit : probably a SCS bug... but could not find something similar in SCS forum :(

BG0125.ARE (renamed from AR0125.ARE in BG:EE) is the final BG1 temple area in EET.

In BG:EE, that area script (AR0125.BCS) has a block that triggers Sarevok's final death:

IF

HP("sarevok",1)

Dead("galdor")

Dead("diarmi")

Dead("semaj")

Dead("tazok")

THEN

RESPONSE #100

Kill("sarevok")

SetGlobalTimer("DeathOfSarevok","GLOBAL",3)

END

SCS #7250 (improved final BG1 battle) does not change that area script.

So, after you saw the 'You have taken my acolytes' line, you had satisfied the 4 deaths condition and that block should finish him off once you lowered his health to 1. Removing the monhp1 amulet should not be necessary.

Since that didn't happen, can you check what script is associated with BG0125.ARE in your game and see if that block is there?

New bug at the final Sarevok fight. After killing all acolytes (Diarmid and Angello, Semaj and Tazok), he is still unkillable.

http://www.filedropper.com/000000043-eet_1

is this bug/compatibility issue handled by Big World Fixpack or does it still need an investigation? If the problem hasn't been fixed yet I can look into it.

Update for first post: Tower of Deception v4.0.1 is now available from https://github.com/BiGWorldProject/TowerOfDeception/releases

first post updated.

---------------------

more replaies to come - I'm at page 31 now :)

Edited by K4thos

Hi, i am the coder for the Imoen Romance Mod.

I have made changes to make it compatible with EET.

As far as i understand, because Imoen Romance Mod is a BG2/BG2EE specific mod (not BG1) then the only changes i needed to make

was for any global code around chapters.

e.g. change GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",5)

to GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",%bg2_chapter_5%)

The mod uses its own version of candlekeep, with its own ARE, WED, MOS, TIZ etc files so this area shouldn't need any changes around it.

I have not tested this mod in EET since i don't use that mod, i've installed it in normal BG2EE and the variables seem to have worked out fine.

If anyone can test it on EET that would be great

Fantastic :) Sorry for the late reply, I've read your PM. Thanks for the effort.

2. when to install lvl1 npc (assuming it works) - before or after EET?

doesn't work even with vanilla BG:EE / BG2:EE as far as I know - skip it

Here are some new mods to be considered under Section 2 of the compatibility list

- Chloe http://www.shsforums.net/topic/58685-bg2ee-chloe/?do=findComment&comment=591197

- NTotSC-interim (required for Sandrah) https://github.com/RoxanneSHS/NTotSCEET-Interim/archive/master.zip

- Sandrah Saga http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/1154-sandrah-saga-for-eet/

If you want to install all of it, the sequence should be 1. NTotSC(both parts) 2. Chloe 3. Sandrah (all three parts), Sandrah also requires BP-BGT Wolrdmap (patched for EET) to be installed afterwards.

PS There is a lot of crossmod contents if Sandrah is installed after Chloe (but not other way round).

Congratulations on Sandrah Saga release :worship: First post updated with information about beta status.

Just wondering how does EET picks which BG1 items go into the K#ImportContainer thingy and will then make it to the table ?

All your party items indeed ends up in invisible K#ImportContainer in Irenicus Dungeon. I'm planning to code an optional tweak that moves them into the table.

Roxanne's mod has been added to first post. I didn't check how it works yet but from description I assume that it does something similar.

Meanwhile, I'm also helping Lava with updates for the Colours of Infinity mods, including K4thos' EET patches, Fixpack patches, converted graphics, updated translations and improved compatibility (e.g., BP-BGT-Worldmap always compatible, instead of either/or with regular worldmap).

In short - plenty of improvements coming soon, thanks for your patience.

:love:

Hmm. That list has increased since you helped me add EET compatibility to NPC_EE. I have made a number of changes to the mod under the hood - the main one being that it can now be translated, if anyone wants to translate it for their native game language. I've also updated the EET compatibility like so:

Indeed, SoD added few more NPC files with same names as in BG2, so they had to be renamed. Thanks for updating.

MOD COMPATIBILITY LIST FOR EET
Last Updated: 05.10.2016

Installation tips and notes on compatibility
- after EET becomes officially released the Big World Setup installation utility will be updated to support this platform, which means at least Windows users will be able to automatically make installations with huge selections of mods without worrying about install order and technical stuff.

The BiG World Setup (BWS) tool now supports EET installations, including all mods from the first post on this thread. Simply choose BG2EE / EET as your installation type and provide the path to both your BG1EE and your BG2EE folders. If you set the BG1EE folder path to a single dash "-" then BWS will revert to BG2EE-only (non-EET) mode.

Your BG2EE folder should be clean of all mods (exactly as it was after running the official installer) before starting a BWS installation, but you must start the game once and create a saved game.

Your BG1EE folder should also be clean of all mods, but you must additionally run the MODMERGE tool (only once) in the BG1EE folder if you have the Steam or GoG version of the Siege of Dragonspear expansion. If you use BWS, it will remind you when you provide your BG1EE folder path if you forgot to run modmerge. If BWS accepts your BG1EE folder path, modmerge is already done or not needed (as is the case if you purchased the expansion directly from Beamdog).

While using BWS, it will allow you to select which mods you want to install (while not showing you any mods that are not yet EET-compatible), inform you of known conflicts and dependencies and it also lets you export your chosen selection for later use.

Once you start the installation process (click the Continue button enough times), BWS will first download the latest versions of each mod you selected (you can manually provide zip/rar/etc. mod archives into the "BiG World Downloads" folder if you already have the mods downloaded; the location of that Downloads folder can be set on the same screen where you set the game folder paths). After downloading is complete, BWS will inform you if any mods could not be downloaded and will ask you if you want to provide them. If you say yes, BWS expects you to put the zip/rar/archive in the Big World Downloads folder before you tell BWS to continue, because that is where it will look, not in whatever Downloads folder your Internet browser uses.

After the download phase, BWS will unpack the mods you selected into the appropriate game folders, apply the latest available patches, and then run the installers. Once BWS finishes installing BG1EE mods that have to be installed before EET, it automatically starts working in your BG2EE folder and repeats the process, including running the EET installer itself at the appropriate time (after applying patches, before installing other mods on BG2EE).

Just to make sure this is clear, since there have been many questions about it: You do NOT run BWS separately first for BG1EE and then again separately for BG2EE+EET. It is a single continuous process. Also, you can restart BWS as many times as you want and play around with different mod selections without having any effect on your game folders. BWS only touches your game folders when it is in "install mode", which only happens when you click Continue on the final configuration page (don't worry about doing this accidentally - it will ask first).

To address another commonly asked question: BWS has an auto-update feature that is used to update its internal database of mod versions, download links, conflict rules, etc before it brings up the user interface and starts interacting with you. Updating BWS has no effect on your game folders at any time. BWS also has a startup script labeled "without update" that skips its auto-update, and it is recommended to use this "skip start" only if you restarted BWS in the middle of an installation. That's because during an installation, BWS is relying on its internal files to know which mods to install next, and it's possible that an auto-update might include a change in the recommended sequence. This might confuse BWS in the middle of an installation (we haven't tested it much), so it's safer to avoid any changes to BWS' internal data until the current installation is done.

3. Mods that can be installed after EET main component on BG2:EE but MUST BE PATCHED FIRST
For now you can't just install these mods on top of EET. You first need to download proper patch and extract it on top of the mod to add EET compatibility. Patches simply overwrites existing files which means they are designed for a mod versions as listed below. The patch will become outdated as soon as the author updates a mod, so if this happens the patch should not be used and the mod will become not compatible. That is why we're trying to get in contact with every mod author to make these patches officially internalized. Hopefully this list will shrink over time.

Patches are available on GitHub: https://github.com/K4thos/EET-patches-for-BG2EE-mods

All of K4thos' patches linked above are now included in the BiG World Fixpack, which can be used manually and is used automatically by the Windows-only BiG World Setup tool. Unlike the EET-patches-for-BG2EE mods, which contain complete replacements of modified files and should only be used with the exact mod version indicated, the BiG World Fixpack contains line-by-line patches and checks each line before patching to make sure it hasn't changed, so it is often the case that patches in the Fixpack still can be applied to newer versions of a mod (if those particular targeted lines haven't changed). Of course we regularly update patches in the BiG World Fixpack when we learn about new mod versions, and you can also look at the patches yourself (in the BiG World Fixpack/>>modname<< subfolders) to see exactly what is being changed.

The BiG World Fixpack includes additional patches for many of the mods listed in this thread (fixing issues that have been discovered in the time after K4thos last updated his compatibility patches on GitHub), so it is recommended now to use only the BiG World Fixpack, and not to use the EET-patches-for-BG2EE-mods. You can click HERE to download the latest BiG World Fixpack if you are doing a manual installation.

The BiG World Fixpack has a new WeiDU-based cross-platform install script (Windows: run _ApplyPatches.bat, OSX/Linux/other: run weidu _ApplyPatches.tp2) and will validate each patch before applying it by checking the VERSION of the target mod in your game folder and comparing it to the VERSION in the Fixpack patches. If there is a mismatch, it will pause and ask you whether you want to patch anyway or skip that mod. It is also safe to run the WeiDU Fixpack script multiple times, because it will skip mods that have already been patched.

The Fixpack is different from other WeiDU patches because it does not modify content in the game directly: instead, it modifies specific files in each unpacked mod folder in your game directory, which will affect what those mods do to the game when you run their individual installers later. For example, the Fixpack patches WeiDU .baf script and .D dialogue and .tra translation files before they are compiled into the game. This type of patching has no effect on any mods that have already been installed, so only run the "setup-modname.exe" (or weidu installer equivalent for OSX/Linux/other) for a mod after running the Fixpack script (so: unpack a mod, run the Fixpack script, then at some later time run the mod's own installer).

Note that you can (and should) run the Fixpack script separately in both your BG1EE and BG2EE folders, after unpacking the mods you plan to install there, because it includes fixes for BG1EE mods.

:thumbsup: Once again thanks for the effort.

The out of memory issue with EET is still unresolved, so I must caution that BWS cannot provide a flawless EET installation experience yet. I recommend minimizing the number of pre-EET BG1EE mods you select, for now.

I will see what can be done. In worst case I will prepare LUA based command line tool for regexp patching. Or maybe some more dialogue heavy BG:EE mod like BG1RE could receive native support if author agree for it (I can prepare such update)

@K4thos: The Big World Fixpack patch for SCS is now all you need with EET, including if you use Spell Revisions or not:

Incorporated K4thos' EET compatibility patches for SCS v30 ... these patches will always be applied, as they do not interfere with installation on other game types
Incorporated Kreso's Revised SCS in patch form ... these patches are additive to K4thos' EET compatibility and will only be applied when spell_rev folder (Demivrvgs's Spell Revisions) exists in game directory

I've added HANDLE_CHARSETS patches for the following BG2-classic mods to the BiG World Fixpack:

1. Haer'Dalis Swords v2 - http://www.shsforums...erdalis-swords/

2. Lucy the Wyvern v4 - http://www.shsforums...ucy-the-wyvern/

3. The Minotaur and Lilacor v1.6 - http://www.shsforums...ur-and-lilacor/

As none of these mods use GAME_IS checks or Chapter checks, and they exclusively modify BG2 content, I believe they are now also BG2EE and EET compatible.

List updated, awesome stuff.

What would it take to get Weimer's Item Upgrade EET ready? It looks like the v40 update by CamDawg is BG2EE compatible. Is it something I can run the EET-converter tool on? What about BWS inclusion?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm an experienced mod installer, but that's about it :D

link? Last time I've checked this mod didn't have BG2:EE support. And since it's an item mod it would need tons of work to make it in line with EE style item descriptions (notice that item descriptions looks entirly different in EE games and I don't mean just "Usable by" section)

What would it take to make the BP Series Party AI fully compatible, since horred is gone? I'm having a tiring time microing everything on my EET playthrough.

not much (probably nothing really if it works with BG2:EE) but it seems excessive considering patch 2.x for EE games already adds excellent AI scripts - try them before you consider installing external AI scripts for your party.

Hmm, I see now K4thos proclaimed Item Randomiser compatibility back in january, yet It's not in any of the liste in the OP. Anyone know whether bugs were discovered or he simply forgot to add it to the list? Or am I missing something?

Item Randomiser indeed had a patch but since then the mod has been updated without incorporating it, so I've removed the patch. Author is aware about EET and mentioned that maybe he will add support for it at some point (or maybe not). Either way the mod has beta status and is often updated so creating patch for it doesn't sound like a good idea.

Is it possible to create patches for those 2 mods?

TeamBG's Armor Pack: http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?topic=7806.0

TeamBG's Weapon Pack: http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?topic=7868.0

since both already support EE games I could (probably) make such patch myself if author would be interested in incorporating it natively.

Unfinished Business Boo Kidnapping quest does not trigger in EET. In case anyone is having the same problem, you can trigger it by changing the Chapter global variable to a any number smaller than 4. (UB checks the chapter before triggering the quest because in BG2, once you reach chapter 4 there is no way to get Boo back until chapter 6, by then Minsc would have left the party; but in EET, SoA starts at chapter 13).

this means that EET_modConverter tool somehow missed this global. I will take a look.

Edited by K4thos

2. when to install lvl1 npc (assuming it works) - before or after EET?

doesn't work even with vanilla BG:EE / BG2:EE as far as I know - skip it

And were one to install it before EET's install to either game, it wouldn't really work in the EET if the mod was not made to work in on the EET at the end of the install. So do NOT try to install it BEFORE the EET in any case, unless of course you are a mod maker and can work out the mod to work in EET.

The Level 1 NPCs has an -test alpha by CrevsDaak in this post and that post, only for BG2EE, that has not been made to work in EET, yet.

Moders sometimes burn their torches out while making mods and the only real good medicine for that is time. And the others trying not to be an asshole. Other times, a challenge is good too... but that's way too individual to inspire a lots of people.

So welcome back K4thos. And I hope you all the good things in life.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

not much (probably nothing really if it works with BG2:EE) but it seems excessive considering patch 2.x for EE games already adds excellent AI scripts - try them before you consider installing external AI scripts for your party

Hey man, nice to see you are back. Sorry if I am missing something, here are some of the bp series features I miss the most: if CHARNAME tries to open a locked chest/door, the party thief will automatically walk up and open it up; party can toss antidotes/potions between each other as needed; 3 buttons for long/medium/short duration buffs; threat assessment (the default advanced ai just unloads on the first kobold it comes across). Maybe you mean default scripts other than advanced ai? I admit I haven't tried those since they don't even have "advanced" in front of them! Again, sorry if i'm being obtuse, could you point me to a default script with those features i described?

What would it take to get Weimer's Item Upgrade EET ready? It looks like the v40 update by CamDawg is BG2EE compatible. Is it something I can run the EET-converter tool on? What about BWS inclusion?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm an experienced mod installer, but that's about it :D

link? Last time I've checked this mod didn't have BG2:EE support. And since it's an item mod it would need tons of work to make it in line with EE style item descriptions (notice that item descriptions looks entirly different in EE games and I don't mean just "Usable by" section)

So now I understand the EET-converter tool is not something for me.

From what I've read on various forums, Item Upgrade is fully BG2EE playable. According to the readme, it has been updated as such as of v40.

According to at least one other poster on this forum, he was able to install it directly on top of EET, and it was working fine in-game. So maybe nothing is needed.

Mod

Readme

Webpage

Yeah I definitely managed to install it on BG2EE and to have functional items, I haven't tried in EET because the items are kind of overpowered and it doesn't work well with Item Revisions. However it is very possible the descriptions were bugged (ie black background for description image and doubled usability lines).

From what I remember it would be "somewhat compatible" as in it works but it's not up to current standard. It's playable iirc anyway.

Druid Grove Makeover should be fully EET compatible (not that hard if the mod contains only a .tis file .. :D)

Thread

DL Link

It is, just tested it.

Nice.

PS - since it just adds Tis + PVRZ files you can upgrade even a running game and enjoy the change even if you visited the area before.

Edited by Roxanne

there was indeed problem with EET_modConverter chapter patcher when it comes to G / GGT / GLT commands (different syntax compared to full name triggers). UB patch is now updated in Big World Fixpack.

Druid Grove Makeover should be fully EET compatible (not that hard if the mod contains only a .tis file .. :D)

Thread

DL Link

nice :beer:

Edited by K4thos

Hey, don't mean to be a bother, but I'd like to get a clarification on BP series party AI. The BWS note has 2 missing lines that would need to be fixed for full compatibility, so should I post in the BWS thread, original SHS one, or is this fixable from the EET end of things (a patch)? I have to admit I've gotten frustrated with prebuffing to the point of putting my play through on hold.