Mod Compatibility List for EET

Hey, don't mean to be a bother, but I'd like to get a clarification on BP series party AI. The BWS note has 2 missing lines that would need to be fixed for full compatibility, so should I post in the BWS thread, original SHS one, or is this fixable from the EET end of things (a patch)? I have to admit I've gotten frustrated with prebuffing to the point of putting my play through on hold.

here is patch for bpseries. Extract it on top of v0.3121 before installing.

bpseries v0.3121 EET patch.zip

I don't really know how it all works, or what would be required, but is there no way someone could make the Dace Linton NPC mod compatible with EET? Right now it's marked as Expert, but I'd REALLY like to try it in my next install... =(

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/58999-dace-patches-eet-compatibility-plans/?do=findComment&comment=591075

Version 1.3 claims to be BG2EE compatible already. At a quick glance it looks like the mod just needs some adjustment to chapter numbering for EET. And a switch of the script on ToB transition in ar4000.bcs.

(as a private useable addition to your install, not to publish for multi-platform installs, that is.)

Edited by Roxanne

I don't really know how it all works, or what would be required, but is there no way someone could make the Dace Linton NPC mod compatible with EET? Right now it's marked as Expert, but I'd REALLY like to try it in my next install... =(

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/58999-dace-patches-eet-compatibility-plans/?do=findComment&comment=591075

Thank you kindly ^_^

I was still editing my reply with additional information.

Hey, don't mean to be a bother, but I'd like to get a clarification on BP series party AI. The BWS note has 2 missing lines that would need to be fixed for full compatibility, so should I post in the BWS thread, original SHS one, or is this fixable from the EET end of things (a patch)? I have to admit I've gotten frustrated with prebuffing to the point of putting my play through on hold.

Thanks so much! I'll do some play testing and report if i have any trouble. Maybe shoot the BWS curators a PM so they can edit the expert notes?..

This updated patch for BP Series AI has been incorporated into the BiG World Fixpack. The Fixpack patch corrects another issue also - using the wrong TRA files for BG2EE/EET installs.

The BWS expert notes say "This mod is temporarily marked Expert because of installation errors due to missing WIZARD_REMOVE_MAGIC in Spell.IDS and missing STATE_DISEASED_FIX in Stats.IDS." K4thos' latest patch did not address those IDS references, so until someone reports a successful install I will leave the expert warning in place.

I installed the patched version successfully (without innate spell fixer, since bws recommends other mods for it). So far without crashes. The inventory is a little sluggish, but that's to be expected with detectable stats i suppose.

UPDATE: seems like there are still a few problems. Default item use hotkey is the quickloot one, so you cant toggle item use; mages are very stingy with some spells, as well. I wish there was a way to test this easily, but i imagine the only way would be to install BGT side by side and do the same fights with the same setup.

Edited by UMNiK

I have noticed that EET versions above 7.0 will not install on BGee 1/2/dragonspear below the current patch 2.3.67.3

I have 2.3.67.2, which works on EET 7.0, but do not plan on upgrading anytime soon.

Could you please set EET to allow other 2.3.x versions to install, or would this break the game?

Thanks for all the fun, Kathos & friends!

As a side note, EET installed through BWS gives me universal clubs, whether I select it or not.

I have noticed that EET versions above 7.0 will not install on BGee 1/2/dragonspear below the current patch 2.3.67.3

I have 2.3.67.2, which works on EET 7.0, but do not plan on upgrading anytime soon.

Could you please set EET to allow other 2.3.x versions to install, or would this break the game?

Thanks for all the fun, Kathos & friends!

As a side note, EET installed through BWS gives me universal clubs, whether I select it or not.

I'm afraid the answer is no. I don't have access to old patches so we can't ensure compatibility with them unless someone else would do it. Seems like unproductive thing to do either way since it makes bug reporting unreliable when something reported may had been already fixed by official patch.

Just another update on BP series Party AI. Figure I'll collate everything I've found out so far (though I've no way to tell which are EE, EET or horred's bugs).

1. No way to toggle item use since the hotkey (E) is the quickloot one.
  2. When moving things in the inventory, there is a ~1 second lag if the item is equippable, making doubleclicking to split stacks impossible (as a workaround, put the stack in a container like bag of holding and take how much you need from there).
  3. Characters don't seem to recognise when their weapon is ineffective and switch to an effective one in the quickbar.
  4. Characters don't use spell stripping/remove magic spells (possibly getting an internal interrupt by default attack).
  5. Prebuffing hotkey fires at odd intervals for each party member, sometimes it works correctly (all 6 long-med-short), other times some lag behind. No way to reliably reproduce, sadly.
  6. Seems there is a bit of a conflict with new EE pathfinding down narrow spaces - characters will prefer to run the long way rather than wait for a free path (at least i think that's what supposed to happen in the EE).
  7. No one ever uses anything that can do friendly fire (possibly by design, though why not skulltrap a pack without characters).
  8. Wand and other item use seems extremely diminished from what i remember. Even with 2 full wands of magic missiles, I've had mages prefer the sling.
  9. Thieving mode only tries to hide in shadows and doesn't look for traps at all.

To be clear about my intent: I find features like threat assessment (both saving spells if fighting trash and rushing mages rather than closest enemy), prebuffing and running away rather than duking it out in melee for mages mandatory for any BG playthough, more so any SCS playthrough, just for the sheer amount of mobs it adds. I do not know the internal differences between EE and regular ai scripting (horred did say these are EE compatible, but that was obviously before 2.0). Seeing how badly SoD flopped, I don't think it's reasonable to expect brand new EE scripts, so I'm hoping you guys can at least port the best (as far as i know) original ones.

Edited by UMNiK

2. When moving things in the inventory, there is a ~1 second lag if the item is equippable, making doubleclicking to split stacks impossible (as a workaround, put the stack in a container like bag of holding and take how much you need from there).

A word on this. I have noticed this issue, to varying degrees across the several BWS/EET installs I have attempted. Roxanne and I and another discussed it a bit on her Sandrah Saga mod page as well. I have seen this with and without Sandrah Saga, though it was worse with -- around that ~1 sec you report. Without Sandrah Saga, but with plenty of fixes, tweaks, and content mods (NTotSC, DSotSC, TDDz, and most of the quest mods), the delay is a much more manageable amount -- perhaps a quarter of a second. It does however make stack splitting difficult.

I have found that -- with a quarter second delay -- repeated clicking rapidfire will eventually cause the split to trigger. I have no idea if that will still work with a longer ~1 sec delay.

Of course, of primary note here is that I did not use BP series Party AI, and you did not (I assume) use Sandrah Saga. There is something else at work here that may or may not be endemic to EET as a whole. It could be a particular arrangement of component mots, another common trigger among our experiences, or even a threshold of some sort that we're all breaching.

Clearly, at this point I'm out of my depth, so I'll hand the matter off to the coding wizards out there :)

A word on this. I have noticed this issue, to varying degrees across the several BWS/EET installs I have attempted. Roxanne and I and another discussed it a bit on her Sandrah Saga mod page as well. I have seen this with and without Sandrah Saga, though it was worse with -- around that ~1 sec you report. Without Sandrah Saga, but with plenty of fixes, tweaks, and content mods (NTotSC, DSotSC, TDDz, and most of the quest mods), the delay is a much more manageable amount -- perhaps a quarter of a second. It does however make stack splitting difficult.

I have found that -- with a quarter second delay -- repeated clicking rapidfire will eventually cause the split to trigger. I have no idea if that will still work with a longer ~1 sec delay.

Of course, of primary note here is that I did not use BP series Party AI, and you did not (I assume) use Sandrah Saga. There is something else at work here that may or may not be endemic to EET as a whole. It could be a particular arrangement of component mots, another common trigger among our experiences, or even a threshold of some sort that we're all breaching.

Clearly, at this point I'm out of my depth, so I'll hand the matter off to the coding wizards out there :)

Further info is here - it seems NOT to be caused by BP mod nor by Sandrah, but some global issue. It may be more apparent with these mods installed as they may make more use of item usability checks/flags.

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/59011-sandrah-saga-for-eet-bug-and-support-forum/page-10?do=findComment&comment=592466

Further info is here - it seems NOT to be caused by BP mod nor by Sandrah, but some global issue. It may be more apparent with these mods installed as they may make more use of item usability checks/flags.

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/59011-sandrah-saga-for-eet-bug-and-support-forum/page-10?do=findComment&comment=592466

it's known patch 2.x issue, not related to EET:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/58846/inventory-lag-and-finding-ways-around-it

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/51822/sods-inventory-lag

already reported on redmine and submitted as bug by devs: http://redmine.beamdog.com/issues/23866

Seems there is a bit of a conflict with new EE pathfinding down narrow spaces - characters will prefer to run the long way rather than wait for a free path (at least i think that's what supposed to happen in the EE).

Another known engine issue:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/764456

There are more topics discussing this issue. Pathfinding implementation is far worse in 2.x than it used to be on patch 1.3.

Just another update on BP series Party AI. Figure I'll collate everything I've found out so far (though I've no way to tell which are EE, EET or horred's bugs).

1. No way to toggle item use since the hotkey (E) is the quickloot one.
  2. Characters don't seem to recognise when their weapon is ineffective and switch to an effective one in the quickbar.
  3. Characters don't use spell stripping/remove magic spells (possibly getting an internal interrupt by default attack).
  4. Prebuffing hotkey fires at odd intervals for each party member, sometimes it works correctly (all 6 long-med-short), other times some lag behind. No way to reliably reproduce, sadly.
  5. No one ever uses anything that can do friendly fire (possibly by design, though why not skulltrap a pack without characters).
  6. Wand and other item use seems extremely diminished from what i remember. Even with 2 full wands of magic missiles, I've had mages prefer the sling.
  7. Thieving mode only tries to hide in shadows and doesn't look for traps at all.

To be clear about my intent: I find features like threat assessment (both saving spells if fighting trash and rushing mages rather than closest enemy), prebuffing and running away rather than duking it out in melee for mages mandatory for any BG playthough, more so any SCS playthrough, just for the sheer amount of mobs it adds. I do not know the internal differences between EE and regular ai scripting (horred did say these are EE compatible, but that was obviously before 2.0). Seeing how badly SoD flopped, I don't think it's reasonable to expect brand new EE scripts, so I'm hoping you guys can at least port the best (as far as i know) original ones.

none of these sounds like something that could be related to EET. Please test it on vanilla games. If it happens there too than it should be reported to mod's author (Horred The Plague).

edit: If I remember correctly BWS don't recommend installing component 1 of this mod (spell patching and detectable spells) - if you followed this suggestion than try installing whole mod without exceptions.

Edited by K4thos