Mod Compatibility List for EET

none of these sounds like something that could be related to EET. Please test it on vanilla games. If it happens there too than it should be reported to mod's author (Horred The Plague).

edit: If I remember correctly BWS don't recommend installing component 1 of this mod (spell patching and detectable spells) - if you followed this suggestion than try installing whole mod without exceptions.

Like I mentioned before, horred has been gone for almost 2 years now, and like you mentioned, EET is supposed to be the preferred modding platform going forward. Detectable stats are mandatory for installation, innate spell fixer is superseded by other mods (which is what i followed as per BWS notes). I understand you'd rather focus on your own bugs for now, but for the future i really think a good ai script is indispensable. If the BP ones are beyond repair, I guess i will have to hope against hope for new post-2.0 EE ones.

and like you mentioned, EET is supposed to be the preferred modding platform going forward

hmm, I don't remember wishing it to be "preferred" platform (if you can point where it's stated than I will correct it since we're wishing EET to be "mod friendly platform" or "good alternative" not making other platforms obsolete.

Detectable stats are mandatory for installation, innate spell fixer is superseded by other mods (which is what i followed as per BWS notes).

sure but unless you want to compare the code with other mods to make sure that it's really exactly the same patching done than the first thing I would do in this situation is testing it out using all components written by the mod author. For example "Characters don't use spell stripping/remove magic spells" doesn't seem like something that would be affected by patch 2.x changes and the mod is suppose to work correctly in older patches (unless it always was buggy). Who knows, maybe author is using older or newer version of detectable spells or have some other code in that first component that is not present in other mods.

I understand you'd rather focus on your own bugs for now, but for the future i really think a good ai script is indispensable. If the BP ones are beyond repair, I guess i will have to hope against hope for new post-2.0 EE ones.

SCS comes with some universal AI script (didn't test it though, so don't know if it would be what you're looking for). And patch 2.x added nice AI scripts to all default NPCs (if you want to assign them to mod added ones you will need to edit PARTYAI.2DA). On top of that there is so called "Advance AI" selectable from script assign menu that uses items, defensive spells and allows for nice customization from within in-game UI. Patch 2.x added several new AI script related triggers (including the one you mentioned that detects if enemy is vulnerable to attacks iirc) so if someone would be interested in writing new AI mod I suggest basing it on Beamdog's script (bddefai.bcs) rather than BPSeries that has been created with old engine in mind, so probably isn't as optimized and doesn't take full advantage of improved engine functionality.

--------

if you can test it on vanilla game and you won't encounter the same issues as you reported than I can look into fixing problems related to EET. If problems are presnt on vanilla BG2:EE than don't count on me - the mod is ridiculously complicated (thousands lines of code per script if I remember correctly).

Edited by K4thos

hmm, I don't remember wishing it to be "preferred" platform (if you can point where it's stated than I will correct it since we're wishing EET to be "mod friendly platform" or "good alternative" not making other platforms obsolete.

I guess that was my own assumption that EET was supposed to supersede EEs much like BGT (and before that TuTu) did the originals. I apologise if that is not the case (I feel like maybe there was something to that effect on the GitHub page at some point?..).
For example "Characters don't use spell stripping/remove magic spells" doesn't seem like something that would be affected by patch 2.x changes and the mod is suppose to work correctly in older patches (unless it always was buggy).

Now again, I am a noob as far as the actual code goes, but BWS note specifically mentions WIZARD_REMOVE_MAGIC when selecting BPseries for EET ("This mod is temporarily marked Expert because of installation errors due to missing WIZARD_REMOVE_MAGIC in Spell.IDS and missing STATE_DISEASED_FIX in Stats.IDS."). Your patch did make the mod install without any errors though (I guess you'd know whether that meant fixing them or force ignoring the warning).

I never expected you to fix every mod yourself, but I do hope you will keep AI scripts in mind for eventual "complete" BWS+EET experience. Perhaps just tag BP series on the front page as "partially compatible - needs work" for now? I know that BWS guys also read this topic, so hopefully they will keep on top of things if any new scripts crop up. Keep up the great work!

Edited by UMNiK

I guess that was my own assumption that EET was supposed to supersede EEs much like BGT (and before that TuTu) did the originals. I apologise if that is not the case (I feel like maybe there was something to that effect on the GitHub page at some point?..)

Understandable. It may not have been a development goal explicitly stated by K4thos, but I do recall the sentiment being expressed by several of the more prominent posters and modders that EET may well become the new standard modding platform.

I too have been under the impression that the EET community has been largely viewing EET as hopefully the "new standard", like BGT or TuTu.

I guess that was my own assumption that EET was supposed to supersede EEs much like BGT (and before that TuTu) did the originals. I apologise if that is not the case (I feel like maybe there was something to that effect on the GitHub page at some point?..)

Understandable. It may not have been a development goal explicitly stated by K4thos, but I do recall the sentiment being expressed by several of the more prominent posters and modders that EET may well become the new standard modding platform.

I too have been under the impression that the EET community has been largely viewing EET as hopefully the "new standard", like BGT or TuTu.

that would be great, of course. I'm hoping for more mods like Sandrah Saga in future that takes combined world into account rather than focusing on just a single campaign like mods written with other platforms in mind.

EET exists pretty much because I was not content with what BGT had to offer (in fact it started as a BGT addon until I actually learnt more about IE and figured that some stuff just can't be achieved in the older engine). Than Adventure Y rumours started (initial SoD codename) and I though it may be a good idea to merge games in new engine rather than work on BGT.

But calling it better when BGT received support from most mods out there would be a bold statement considering some of them may never get EET support due to author's inactivity (some mega mods and older gems) or hatred for EE in general (TS, NEJ which I heard are some of the best mods out there - let's hope that Vlad will reconsider his stance at some point). Also vanilla EE games are already great way to play (unlike vanilla BG1).

Now again, I am a noob as far as the actual code goes, but BWS note specifically mentions WIZARD_REMOVE_MAGIC when selecting BPseries for EET ("This mod is temporarily marked Expert because of installation errors due to missing WIZARD_REMOVE_MAGIC in Spell.IDS and missing STATE_DISEASED_FIX in Stats.IDS."). Your patch did make the mod install without any errors though (I guess you'd know whether that meant fixing them or force ignoring the warning).

not sure about this. I didn't change BP Series mod code when it comes to WIZARD_REMOVE_MAGIC and STATE_DISEASED_FIX. But I see that WIZARD_REMOVE_MAGIC is missing in vanilla BG:EE so that's probably why it printed errors for BWS guys (it's BG2 / BG2:EE spell).

Edited by K4thos

Found a bug (and a fix!) in the NTotSC implementation currently used for EET by BWS. I understand it was something like a direct port, and a full EET version is currently being worked on elsewhere.

Charleston Nib didn't give me the scroll to open the extra levels of Firewine after dealing with his dig, as he was supposed to. Turns out the action to have him leave the area after the vanilla dialogue about the idol interrupted the dialogue to grant the scroll. Once I removed the EscapeArea() action from his vanilla dialogue, he proceeded to offer the quest and the scroll when next spoken to, then left normally.

Should I drop a word elsewhere about this?

BTW, I think it was either NToTCS or DSotSC that did it, but the Xvart village is way more impressive now. About 100 xvarts, including Protectors and Shamans casting hold person, plus about six cave bears. It was a blast, and it felt like what the village always should have been. Well done and recommended! Would pillage again. :)

Edited by Lightbringer

Found a bug (and a fix!) in the NTotSC implementation currently used for EET by BWS. I understand it was something like a direct port, and a full EET version is currently being worked on elsewhere.

Charleston Nib didn't give me the scroll to open the extra levels of Firewine after dealing with his dig, as he was supposed to. Turns out the action to have him leave the area after the vanilla dialogue about the idol interrupted the dialogue to grant the scroll. Once I removed the EscapeArea() action from his vanilla dialogue, he proceeded to offer the quest and the scroll when next spoken to, then left normally.

BTW, I think it was either NToTCS or DSotSC that did it, but the Xvart village is way more impressive now. About 100 xvarts, including Protectors and Shamans casting hold person, plus about six cave bears. It was a blast, and it felt like what the village always should have been. Well done and recommended! Would pillage again. :)

Not necessary, I will correct it. (I noticed it myself but did not act, hoping the *real* mod would emerge soon...)

COPY_EXISTING ~charle.dlg~ ~override~

DECOMPILE_DLG_TO_D

REPLACE_TEXTUALLY

~AddexperienceParty(1000)

EscapeArea()~

Dialogue(Player1)~

REPLACE_TEXTUALLY

ReputationInc(1)

EscapeArea()~

ReputationInc(1)

Dialogue(Player1)~

COMPILE_D_TO_DLG

Edited by Roxanne

Posting this here at the request of Cahir. I'm working on v27 of Unfinished Business that will have native EET compatibility as its main feature. But since I do not have BG2EE or EET myself, I will need testers.

More details at PPG over here: http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,29591.0.html

And please, the link I provided there is a preliminary test version. It may and probably will change or disappear when I am done with it. Do not use it for anything other than testing purposes. Also don't complain if it sets your PC on fire, releases liches on your level 1 character in Candlekeep or any other weirdness. Fixes to such problem are of course welcome though. ^^

As a side note, Kulyok and I removed the "beta" designation from v26 some time ago. :-)

Thanks Angel for the effort. UB v27 installs fine (other than missing Polish translation mentioned in your topic) and everything from BWF has been implemented so if someone is planning to use this mod don't be scared about "alpha" status. It should be safe to use in EET. First post updated.

As for the Reunion I've posted on PPG regarding it. EET patch doesn't seems to be implemented yet.

Edited by K4thos

Please note that the alpha status of UB v27 is there because it's still a work in progress. There are a couple of other things I'd like to do with v27, including some more code revisions, another restored item (misc6l), and a few rough edges in the Spider's Bane quest. I only released this alpha because people wanted the EET fixes. :-)

there was a report some time ago regarding "Portraits Portraits Everywhere" underdark portraits component not working correctly. I'd like to test it - could anyone please upload a save at the beginning of Underdark, before talking to Adalon?

edit: list update: native compatibility with Sirene NPC for BG2:EE v1.3 or later.

Edited by K4thos

Hey K4thos, that's cool as we wouldn't expect old versions to be supported anyway, but just for those who try to install EET and fail the version check, EET should notify you that's why it failed to install.

I just guessed that's the reason, as it happened before I upgraded to 2.3.67.2 for EET 7.0

As a side note, I just pointed BWS to the EET7.0 instead, and the game's rockin' pretty good, lots of fun, balanced, no lag or real issues yet.

Thanks!

Hey K4thos, that's cool as we wouldn't expect old versions to be supported anyway, but just for those who try to install EET and fail the version check, EET should notify you that's why it failed to install.

I just guessed that's the reason, as it happened before I upgraded to 2.3.67.2 for EET 7.0

As a side note, I just pointed BWS to the EET7.0 instead, and the game's rockin' pretty good, lots of fun, balanced, no lag or real issues yet.

Thanks!

the problem is that we can't really check what patch version is used. There is build-date.txt:

Wed Jun 15 09:02:03 MDT 2016

but it's very likely that it will be different for OSX, Linux and maybe even among different platforms (considering there are changes in SoD sold on Beamdog store and other platforms), I'm not aware about other way to check the build, so the best we could do is an information in the readme file.

Edited by K4thos