Mod Compatibility List for EET

Speaking of reapplying mods midstream ...

I know it's generally highly inadvisable to alter your mod setup mid-campaign. Is it viable to change a component of an already installed mod? Specifically, I want to answer "install" to the "remove helmet animations" component of a tweak mod, instead of answering "not install". I've decided that putting up with Minsc having a full lush head of brown hair is worth getting rid of the dorky helmets covering up my ladies' delicate coifs.

I don't want to start having funky dialogue strings show up in odd places. I think I have bad memories of the description of a generic short sword becoming "I prithee mind thy rodent, Minsc.." and other such nonsense xD . I'll just sit tight before having that rot show up again.

If it is viable, would I just run the setup.exe for that tweak mod manually? Or would I need to go through BWS again?

It depends a lot from what other mods you have in your install... weidu.log would tell us the exact... but as it's a BWS install, it's advisable to either stay as is, or throw in the clove and restart from scratch.

Or you can restore the items from the mods own backup folder, AND CLUAConsole the items you want this effect in.

Now, being specific about the helmets... you can go and run the mods setup-file and as you DIDN'T install it yet, CHECK THAT the weidu.log DOESN*T contain anything specific about the helm, you should be able to install JUST THAT ONE COMPONENT, and when it asks about anmything else about already installed components etc, answer: NO, YOU DO NOT WANT TO CHANGE ANYTHING.

And then when you have installed the mod, YOU STILL NEED TO do stuff, specifically if you want a specific already gained item to have no helmet animation on the avatar, you need to CLUAConsole a replica of it into the save game, as the items in the saved content already do not get updatred by mods... so you have to cheat them in.

And no, this won't screw your dialog files... but were you to uninstall something, or install files that need definitions, they wouldn't work as the savegame contains the dialog.tlk file that it was started with... so it won't contain the updates you would install later. .

Thanks for the explanation, Jarno. I think I understand.

Too much of a hassle for this playthough, unfortunately. Probably simpler to use NI to add the stats of a helm I like to an ioun stone for the character in question. I also seem to recall checkbox to say whether it's visible on avatar or not. Or something. Well, I have options in any case. Thanks for clarification :)

EDIT -- Turns out bringing up the most offensive helm in question in NI and changing display appearance to 0 None was simplest.

Edited by Lightbringer

If it is viable, would I just run the setup.exe for that tweak mod manually? Or would I need to go through BWS again?

Yeah, this is one you can probably just install out of order, on top of your current modded game. Run Tweaks Anthology, make sure not to change a blessed thing, pressing 'N' until you get to that component; and then install it, and then hit 'Q' when asked about the next component.

I would make a savegame where nobody is wearing helmets first. And I would definitely, definitely, definitely backup my entire game before making the attempt. Just in case.

stupid question but can I try installing it over again for the ones I missed or any easy workaround besides starting from scratch again?

If you use BWS, you can use the folder with the downloaded (unpacked) mods again. BWS finds them and only downloads what is missing - the may shorten the process significantly.

Ok will try again and thanks Jarno as will move the folder and then see how it goes when not in program x86 which looks like is causing the trouble. Will let you guys know how it goes n thanks!

I noticed today with the current BWS (as of today) that a lot of the mods were turned off in various selections from Recommendations, Maximized, and tactical. Was there a potential problem found just recently? Also for some reason there seems to be some kind of Conflict Error with Divine Remix even though the user didn't make any changes with the selection when the Selection is initially built up.

Edited by Kaliesto

You can also move the download folder AND the files in it to anywhere you like. So first move the files, and then when you have the folder where you like, then run the BWS and relocate the Download folder when it asks where you like it to be. It's the same screen you define the games directory.

I tried downloading the few mods/partial mods i.e SCS components mentioned above and sandrah/DOTSC/NOTSC and get the message from BWS below

Attention: According to your WeiDU.log, mods have been installed already.
You have not made a backup with BWS, therefore you must completely install
"Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition" anew.
used the folders where all the mods downloaded fine and lets me continue until the point where I hit install and that pops up...moved the folder to desktop so not program files 86 too..

There is a spell D5_FiPr01 which adds 4 extra stars to weapon profiencies of Fighter/Priests when they join party. The spell triggers from a clab.2da file (level1).

Is this a feature from some mod in the compatibility list or is this a bug?

Edited by Roxanne

Hmmm... I found d5_fipr1.spl, it is in clabfi01.2da in my IWDEE game, which I installed a few months ago. The spell sets all four weapon styles to 1 pip - the idea is, trueclass fighters get a jumpstart in learning the weapon styles, as an advantage over other warriors.

It's in the CLAB table, and it's in my override folder, so it must have been copied in somehow... but damn if I haven't just run text searches in all of my mods' .tpa files, and I can't find that COPY command anywhere. This is vexing. :mad:

EDIT - found it, in the stupid "revised berserker rage" component. I haven't looked at that for ages, didn't even realize it did that. I actually would have eliminated that little mod, except a few players said they like it and asked me to leave it in. Anyway, I removed the proficiency thing, as I have since balanced trueclass fighters in many other, better ways.

Roxanne you can go ahead and just remove that row from clabfi01.2da if you like.

Edited by subtledoctor

Hmmm... I found d5_fipr1.spl, it is in clabfi01.2da in my IWDEE game, which I installed a few months ago. The spell sets all four weapon styles to 1 pip - the idea is, trueclass fighters get a jumpstart in learning the weapon styles, as an advantage over other warriors.

It's in the CLAB table, and it's in my override folder, so it must have been copied in somehow... but damn if I haven't just run text searches in all of my mods' .tpa files, and I can't find that COPY command anywhere. This is vexing. :mad:

EDIT - found it, in the stupid "revised berserker rage" component. I haven't looked at that for ages, didn't even realize it did that. I actually would have eliminated that little mod, except a few players said they like it and asked me to leave it in. Anyway, I removed the proficiency thing, as I have since balanced trueclass fighters in many other, better ways.

Roxanne you can go ahead and just remove that row from clabfi01.2da if you like.

Thanks for the info. It was applied on my Fi(ghter)Pr(iest) but in the clab it seemed to be intended for something else.

It stands - stood - for Fi(ghter) Pr(oficiencies)

Another question:

Fighters (Soulblade) can use mage spell scrolls?

Fighter-Cleric can use mage spell scrolls?

Or is this from another mod?

Edited by Roxanne