Mod Compatibility List for EET

Could be related to the the Use Scrolls feat... but I thought that was fixed. Are you using the most recent version of Might & Guile (3.4)? There should be the following entries in clabfi01.2da:

AP_D5_RF83N

AP_D5_RF84N

... which make scrolls unusable.

Confirm all.

V3.4 installed with BWS just yesterday

and those entries are in clabfi01.2da

They cannot learn spells but they can put the scrolls in the quickslots and cast from there.

Edit - I dug deeper with NI and probably the issue with those spells is that they use an eff which is not installed?

PS - this may not be the right thread for this topic. I just posted the initial report here because I did not know which mod did those things.

Edited by Roxanne

There's a mod that removes the thieves not being able to cast spells from scrolls. And it's not a high level ability, I would remember it to be a 5th level ability, at least that was the concept..

I believe that's Item Revisions, which allows thieves to cast from scrolls automatically. My mods differ in that 1) Might & Guile allows thieves to choose a feat that enables it; and 2) Refinements allows thieves to choose an HLA that allows it. I'm not sure which if any of these results in F/Cs casting from arcane scrolls... but I can probably find out.

What's the technique, as a point of interest? I was looking at this the other day for random reasons.

The technique for allowing thieves to choose it as a feat of HLA? I started with the Refinements code, which makes scrolls usable by thieves by default. About 3/4 the way down this page:

https://github.com/UnearthedArcana/refinements/blob/master/refinements/lib/hla_thief.tpa

Then, on the EE engibe, I add a permanent spell to every thief kit's clab table, using opcode 180 to prevent them from using scrolls. Then, for both the feat and the HLA, it is simply a spell that uses opcode 321 to cancel the first spell, thus lifting the restriction.

The edge cases have been nipping at my heels. Priest scrolls mean that opcode 180 is overbroad; and the prospect of dual-classing means that I can't easily limit the effects to single-class thieves. (I suspect my recent efforts to resolve these things have led to the fighter/cleric bug in Roxanne's game.) I think I need to change the 180 effect blocking all scroll use into a ton of 181 effects blocking arcane scrolls specifically.

Edited by subtledoctor

Thanks Roxanne. Easy enough to fix for fighter/clerics... but I fear the bigger issue will still remain, requiring me to create an array with all arcane scrolls to populate a bunch of 181 effects. I'll get around to that... at some point.

EDIT - fixed internally, I'll push an update soon. Thank you Roxanne for the report.

(Btw, the use of opcode 180 means the prohibited scrolls will not *appear* prohibited... your F/C won't be able to equip them in a quickslot, but there will be no visual indication that they are not equippable. This is down to the engine unfortunately, it's just how opcode 180 works. :( )

Edited by subtledoctor

Thanks Roxanne. Easy enough to fix for fighter/clerics... but I fear the bigger issue will still remain, requiring me to create an array with all arcane scrolls to populate a bunch of 181 effects. I'll get around to that... at some point.

EDIT - fixed internally, I'll push an update soon. Thank you Roxanne for the report.

(Btw, the use of opcode 180 means the prohibited scrolls will not *appear* prohibited... your F/C won't be able to equip them in a quickslot, but there will be no visual indication that they are not equippable. This is down to the engine unfortunately, it's just how opcode 180 works. :( )

Some more of this - if related to your mods

1) My fighter PC can use cleric scrolls (equip and cast them).

2) Fighter/Cleric can use druid items (The things Osmandi + Corsone drop).

Edited by Roxanne

Having played through (all of) the placeholder NTotSC and (almost all of) DSotSC, I can really see the difference in the more polished and re-balanced Dark Side compared to the rougher Northern Tales. The story in Northern Tales has a lot of potential, but man is it in need of improved dialogue clues! I'm definitely looking forward to playing through them both again, once everything is more put together and polished up :D

Having played through (all of) the placeholder NTotSC and (almost all of) DSotSC, I can really see the difference in the more polished and re-balanced Dark Side compared to the rougher Northern Tales. The story in Northern Tales has a lot of potential, but man is it in need of improved dialogue clues! I'm definitely looking forward to playing through them both again, once everything is more put together and polished up :D

I am afraid nobody will change contents or re-work dialogues for those mods. Balancing items and plot xp, yes, removing tweaks and outdated biffing technics, yes. Updating graphics, yes. But changing the story contents, most likely no.

That is the same that has been done with DSotSC, so your impression more reflects how the original mods were written once upon a time (and that is true for TDDz and the under construction RoT or CtB as well.)

DSotSC is a more linear sequence of quests that are clearly stated and put before you - you solve one and move on to the next. NTotSC is more *hidden* elements throughout BG1 which you find randomly - it is harder to really discover the red threads - and it has very little journal support, just cryptical scribbled messages and hints in item descriptions. This is how the original author did it, and when updating the mod technically we need to respect this.

The cross-mod contents in the Sandrah mod provides some additional hints and clarifications - the Player can receive them when discussing events with her. I tried there to make the storyline a bit more visible and tied to the main events. But I do this in an external mod and not by re-working the oriiginal (for which I have no right to do so).

In a way this is similar to what the EE's did to original game - preserve the original contents (e.g. remove bugs and do technical enhancements but not for example remove inconsistencies in the tale itself.)

Sometimes it is not easy to restrain oneself from trying to improve a mod that you just have the right to technically make compatible - speaking from experience as I tried that with a number of orphaned mods to rescue them for EET (Chloe, Longer Road, NTotSC, Extended Thief Stronghold). Fixing bugs is okay. But fixing contents which is not bugged or broken just because you do not like it, is not.

And do not forget that those mods are translated into a lot of languages and you would need to do new translations if you change contents.

Edited by Roxanne

The scroll stuff should be fixed as of v3.4.3... I think.

Not sure about the druid thing, I've only been looking at scrolls. And I don't recall who Osmandi and Corsone are.

That could be from Faiths & Powers... the new druid multi classes are multi cleric kits. So to allow, day, a druid/thief to use druid items I need to allow cleric/thieves to use them.

Actually wait, I thought we used a kit flag to make sure that wasn't a problem... but, hmm, I'm guessing you are seeing this with Sandrah, right? And she is a F/C... but presumably she is not a trueclass F/C, your mod probably installs a kit. But your custom kit probably uses the trueclass usability flag instead of the kit flag that we set for clerics. So I guess what we need to do is make a final pass and make sure any cleric kits added by other mods get a kit flag for usability. I'll put it on the to-do list.

The scroll stuff should be fixed as of v3.4.3... I think.

Not sure about the druid thing, I've only been looking at scrolls. And I don't recall who Osmandi and Corsone are.

That could be from Faiths & Powers... the new druid multi classes are multi cleric kits. So to allow, day, a druid/thief to use druid items I need to allow cleric/thieves to use them.

Actually wait, I thought we used a kit flag to make sure that wasn't a problem... but, hmm, I'm guessing you are seeing this with Sandrah, right? And she is a F/C... but presumably she is not a trueclass F/C, your mod probably installs a kit. But your custom kit probably uses the trueclass usability flag instead of the kit flag that we set for clerics. So I guess what we need to do is make a final pass and make sure any cleric kits added by other mods get a kit flag for usability. I'll put it on the to-do list.

Before you do too much - it may be a sequence thing as I used BWS for install and it has Sandrah after Faiths & Powers - so no chance for the mod to detect my kit. So, if it is not a general issue, just forget it

PS - Osmandi and Corsone are the BG1 Larswood druids that drop items (e.g. to equip Jaheira or Faldorn in BG1 part).

Edited by Roxanne

I am afraid nobody will change contents or re-work dialogues for those mods. Balancing items and plot xp, yes, removing tweaks and outdated biffing technics, yes. Updating graphics, yes. But changing the story contents, most likely no.

That is the same that has been done with DSotSC, so your impression more reflects how the original mods were written once upon a time (and that is true for TDDz and the under construction RoT or CtB as well.)

DSotSC is a more linear sequence of quests that are clearly stated and put before you - you solve one and move on to the next. NTotSC is more *hidden* elements throughout BG1 which you find randomly - it is harder to really discover the red threads - and it has very little journal support, just cryptical scribbled messages and hints in item descriptions. This is how the original author did it, and when updating the mod technically we need to respect this.

The cross-mod contents in the Sandrah mod provides some additional hints and clarifications - the Player can receive them when discussing events with her. I tried there to make the storyline a bit more visible and tied to the main events. But I do this in an external mod and not by re-working the oriiginal (for which I have no right to do so).

In a way this is similar to what the EE's did to original game - preserve the original contents (e.g. remove bugs and do technical enhancements but not for example remove inconsistencies in the tale itself.)

Sometimes it is not easy to restrain oneself from trying to improve a mod that you just have the right to technically make compatible - speaking from experience as I tried that with a number of orphaned mods to rescue them for EET (Chloe, Longer Road, NTotSC, Extended Thief Stronghold). Fixing bugs is okay. But fixing contents which is not bugged or broken just because you do not like it, is not.

And do not forget that those mods are translated into a lot of languages and you would need to do new translations if you change contents.

Interesting perspective, thanks. Makes sense. Well I can at least look forward to losing some of the missing icons then. I found a few walkthroughs and was able to piece the story together. When I run my multiplayer group through it, I'll just have to narrate a little. When I get to play Sandrah solo, I'll certainly look forward to how she ties it together :)

Hello,

I just want to ask if someone knows, which mods are Planned to be converted ?

I am looking especially for:

Secret of Bonehill

Region of Terror

RoT Kit Pack

TDD Kit Pack

Quallo Fix (or already included ?)

Adalons Blood (or already included ?)

Konolans Tweaks

Retaliator Kit

Dingos tweak Pack

Aurora

DiffTweak

Yasraena NPC

Breagar (at he moment only in german)

will any of these probably available anytime ?

Thnx in advance.

Ahem one Question for SoD (Because it is needed for EET)

Will I lose all my Equip or will I get it back during the transition ?

And to Roxanne:

I really love your Mod;

As soon as I will get the SoD extenson, I surely will install it again...

Keep up the good work!

Greetings

Lundar