Mod Compatibility List for EET

Ok, it's definitely combination of 2 mods - BG1RE and Improved Shamanic Dance. Installation with RE only is fine, and with ISD alone is fine too.

Argent77 's ISD adds new spell: "Add spell "Shamanic Pact", adds the new level 6 spell "Shamanic Pact" to the shaman's spellbook. It allows the caster to resurrect a target as spirit after its death and control it for a limited amount of time.

Not sure if it's based on PfE, but looks like both mods share some variables.Jastey, it might be not RE after all.

Edited by Mirandel

Share variables would be bad.

Roxanne: your assumption is correct. But I am kind of relieved it is not bg1re alone, as I added the spell according to required code.

Mirandel, thank you for your info. I'm away from my computer for the weekend but this will be addressed as soon as possible.

Share variables would be bad.

Roxanne: your assumption is correct. But I am kind of relieved it is not bg1re alone, as I added the spell according to required code.

Mirandel, thank you for your info. I'm away from my computer for the weekend but this will be addressed as soon as possible.

My proposal (I posted above in spoiler) to change RE code to a simpler version would avoid such compatibility issues. There is really no need to add spells to spell.ids if your sole use is for a cutscene in your mod.

Ok, it's definitely combination of 2 mods - BG1RE and Improved Shamanic Dance. Installation with RE only is fine, and with ISD alone is fine too.

Argent77 's ISD adds new spell: "Add spell "Shamanic Pact", adds the new level 6 spell "Shamanic Pact" to the shaman's spellbook. It allows the caster to resurrect a target as spirit after its death and control it for a limited amount of time.

Not sure if it's based on PfE, but looks like both mods share some variables.Jastey, it might be not RE after all.

The issue of having a spell called "Wisdom has been raised by 1 permanently" is caused by BG1RE alone. Improved Shamanic Dance has nothing to do with it.

Poking a bit around the BG1RE code it looks like that it's installed by the component "The Messenger 2: Rain or Snow or Gloom of Night" via ADD_SPELL as "sppr117.spl" in my game. ADD_SPELL should only be used for spells that should appear in the spell selection screen at character generation or level up. The spell in question sounds more like a quest reward. It also contains several incorrectly set fields which will probably apply some weird or unexpected behavior, including availability for druids and shamans.

Removing ADD_SPELL from the installation script should fix this issue.

The issue of having a spell called "Wisdom has been raised by 1 permanently" is caused by BG1RE alone. Improved Shamanic Dance has nothing to do with it.

Poking a bit around the BG1RE code it looks like that it's installed by the component "The Messenger 2: Rain or Snow or Gloom of Night" via ADD_SPELL as "sppr117.spl" in my game. ADD_SPELL should only be used for spells that should appear in the spell selection screen at character generation or level up. The spell in question sounds more like a quest reward. It also contains several incorrectly set fields which will probably apply some weird or unexpected behavior, including availability for druids and shamans.

Removing ADD_SPELL from the installation script should fix this issue.

Thank you for confirming this.

I came to the same conclusion here http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27741&page=55&do=findComment&comment=255677.

Poking a bit around the BG1RE code it looks like that it's installed by the component "The Messenger 2: Rain or Snow or Gloom of Night" via ADD_SPELL as "sppr117.spl" in my game.

That's the bug. It wasn't my intention to replace an existing spell. The SPL is called T1M2HALF and that was supposed to be the spell name and the file name etc. Not sure what went wrong, it is not easy to see for me. If done correctly, using ADD_SPELL shouldn't be a problem then? I understand that it's not necessary in this case since the spell is not meant to appear at the spell selection screan. Yet, I needed to add it via ADD_SPELL to be able to use it via script the way it is done. Any help here is appreciated.

EDIT: I need help here: How can a spell which file is called T1M2HALF.SPL and added to the game via

ADD_SPELL ~override/T1M2HALF.spl~ 1 1 T1M2HALF

then be called sppr117 in the game?

Edited by jastey

Your mod doesn't replace any spells, but adds your own spell to the spell selection screen that coincidentally uses the same description as PfE. Since the spell is not properly configured for a priest spell it will cause some issues in the game itself.

Just removing the ADD_SPELL line from your mod should be enough. From your last comment I assume you're using one of the Spell() script actions to cast it. I would suggest to use the SpellRES() version instead. It has the advantage that it doesn't need to be added to SPELL.IDS.

EDIT: I need help here: How can a spell which file is called T1M2HALF.SPL and added to the game via

Spells added to SPELL.IDS (via ADD_SPELL) are using a fixed naming scheme to be recognized by the spell selection screen: SP<TYPE><LEVEL><ID> (e.g. SP PR 1 17). The ID is simply generated from the next free slot for the requested spell level which happens to be 17 in a clean BG:EE game.

list updated:

- Neera Banters (BG:EE) v0.9 or above (moved from section 1 to native support)

- Jaheira Recast v2.0 or above (native support)

- Chatty Imoen v1.3 or above (native support)

- Imoen Friendship (SoA & ToB) EE v3.0 or above (moved from section 3 to native support)

- Yoshimo Friendship EE v4.0 or above (moved from section 3 to native support)

- Tome and Blood: More Options for Wizards and Sorcerers v0.7 or above (native support)

Edited by K4thos

It's the ADD_SPELL function, the spell.ids has a first free space in the type 1 on level 1, at 17. Or ADD_SPELL ~override/T1M2HALF.spl~ X Z T1M2HALF ... where the type X, level Z, flagged as T1M2HALF as in Y ... so the spell.ids is appended with a line that's "1117 tim2half" without the quotes, while the .spl get the name xzy.spl.

... aka the ADD_SPELL changes the .spl name to become sppr117, the SPPR being the spell type, divine. The first 1 being the spells level, and the 17 being the unique call name(Y).

Just like every other ADD_SPELL using mod, the mod is incompatible with any mod that DOESN'T use the ADD_SPELL function to add their own spells.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

I installed BG1RE but not Shamanic Dance.. will I have any problem? Protection from Evil seems to be working as intended.

Checking BWS debug, can't find that "The messenger 2" component.

Edit: luckily was not set as default.

Edited by Blash2

Hello,

i just did a complete reinstall.

There are 2 issues:

Due to Amber_EET the "crossmod" Mod could'nt be installed:

Defining Amber joining state
Stopping installation because of error.
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Crossmod Banter Pack for Shadows of Amn], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 437 files for [CROSSMODBG2/SETUP-CROSSMODBG2.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled 437 files for [CROSSMODBG2/SETUP-CROSSMODBG2.TP2] component 0.
ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "opendir", "")

in Tweaks Anthology the component "Unique Containers" seems broken:

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [%tsu%gorion.cre] not found in KEY file:
[./chitin.key]

Can someone please check ?