Mod Compatibility List for EET

Like I've mentioned on SHS I'm working on updating NTotSC to work with both EET and BGT at the same time, so a version that hopefully will replace the one currently hosted on SHS. Native support, so installed after EET on BG2:EE or after BGT on BG2. Similar treatment as DSotSC, so modernized tp2 coding, EE engine related changes, cross-platform coding, internalization of all known bugfixes and major item and XP balancing overhaul. Although it's uncertain if this particular update will be even released because author of the original mod (Aurelinus) was not very happy with Sir Billy Bob's conversion to BGT (IIRC he once said that if he would get another chance at the time he would forbid the release of BGT version because it's not faithful enough to his work), so maybe he will be also against this one. I will try to contact him and check his stance.

How is this progressing / what are the plans for the NTotSC update? I am asking because Jarl's Advebture Pack restores some encounters NTotSC adds, too, and also because there is Roxanne's NTotSC iterim version?

How is this progressing / what are the plans for the NTotSC update? I am asking because Jarl's Advebture Pack restores some encounters NTotSC adds, too, and also because there is Roxanne's NTotSC iterim version?

My plans for NTotSC update have been put on hold (read it as: "not going to happen" :p). Roxanne already ported BGT version (complete, with items descriptions etc. handled) so there is not much (if anything) to gain from another port job. Also BGT version of NTotSC misses tons of interesting content compared to unreleased version of NTotSC for vanilla BG1. Around 2008-2010 Aurelinus (original author of NTotSC) was developing version 3 of this mod with several new quests and multiple new areas added to the worldmap. This version (as well as all his other mods) is not made in weidu but overwrite original files (including TLK), so porting it would be quite an effort. Probably worth it, but without author's permission releasing beta content that never received public status is out of question. I don't know how to contact him and even if I could find a valid e-mail, I'd like to focus on IWD-in-EET for now. Chances that he would be ok for someone else continuing his scrapped work are slim either way.

So yeah, please use Roxanne's BGT port.

Edited by K4thos

Also BGT version of NTotSC misses tons of interesting content compared to unreleased version of NTotSC for vanilla BG1.

So you have this version somewhere ? Can you upload it somewhere so people can PM you about getting it ... näh, I am not interested it myself, but some people might be, and if people that know stuff can access that version, it just might one day become public for everyone, with or within the version Roxanne has build. Edited by Jarno Mikkola
So you have this version somewhere ? Can you upload it somewhere so people can PM you about getting it ... näh, I am not interested it myself, but some people might be, and if people that know stuff can access that version, it just might one day become public for everyone, with or within the version Roxanne has build.

not going to happen. It was never made public and I don't think you will find a person who will willingly share something distributed for private testing only. Whole content is in Polish only either way.

edit:

- Vault EE v7.3

- Region of Terror v3.0

- Amber V5.01

added to section 2. Thank you Roxanne for the effort.

Edited by K4thos

It was just pointed out to me that Faiths & Powers is not anywhere on this list. I'm not sure who is maintaining the list or what needs to be done to see which list it should go on, but I do know that players have been using FnP with EET for several months, and it seems to be compatible.

As a pure tweak/kit mod, I assume it should be installed post-EET_core. (After most kit mods, especially after mods that add cleric/druid/paladin/ranger kits.) But I don't have an EET install handy so I can't say for sure. BWS seems to be handling it correctly... could maybe just check and see when they install it.

Code is here, if you're interested:

https://github.com/UnearthedArcana/Faiths_and_Powers

A question to NTotSC-interim: is this ported to work on BGT, still? Would it be a good idea to install this version on BGT and maybe get a more smoothly coded version of NTotSC, or is the port only advised for EET?

EDIT: ok, found your info at SHS

Edited by jastey

jastey requested uploading what have been already done when it comes to previously mentioned backward compatible EE update for NTotSC (BGT version) and after looking at it, it turned out that the update was in quite advanced state.

What has been done:
- Corrects Nadali's dialogue file, allowing all missions related to Draagis to be completed even if you haven't spoken to Nadali before finishing the Northern Citadel quest. (Turambar_fixes_tweaks)
- Corrects the Fire of Bhaal Sword, which couldn't be used by thieves although it was a longsword.(Turambar_fixes_tweaks)
- Corrects some graphical problems (black square near the Northern Citadel, missing icons...) (Turambar_fixes_tweaks)
- Fixes a mummy-related issue which could break Korgan's quest (Turambar_fixes_tweaks)
- Lowered XP rewards for quests (BP_Balancer_v0.33g)
- Item rebalancing by Vlar
- Internalized fixes present in tp2 that were awkwardly separated in external files
- Internalized Big World Fixpack patches,
- All resources checked with Lolorian's Majestics Fixers
- Rewritten tp2 code from scratch (modern ARE patching, no batch files etc.)
- Support for EET (technically BG:EE could be supported too, but the mod was written with BGT in mind, so there would be likely missing resources)
- internalized NTotSCv171 patch directly into D files (so no more patching already compiled dialogues - still don't get it why it has been implemented this way in the first place)
- NTotSC no longer overwrites Temple area TIS file. Entrance to the cave is patched in as static BAM animation added to the ARE (looks exactly the same)
- support for macOS

What still needs to be done:
- The update has not been tested (regressions are likely)
- Item descriptions needs to be added to new "setup-EE.tra" file. EE descriptions should follow Beamdog item description style
- Due to nerfed statistics of the items translations should be updated before they can be enabled
- ADD_JOURNAL is currently missing. Would be great to move all journal strref into new, always loaded, journal.tra file and remove old references to journal from other tra files

Like I mentioned due to amount of projects I'm not interested in finishing these tasks (at least for the foreseeable future). But here is the promised package:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3nlsekc72ry2e22/NTotSC.7z?dl=1

Edited by K4thos

This sounds really good. Thank you for sharing the version. If I'll come to this I'll let you know, but it won't be anytime soon, either (more in the dimension of months than days). Still, this sounds like a solid base for an all-game-compatible package.

jastey requested uploading what have been already done when it comes to previously mentioned backward compatible EE update for NTotSC (BGT version) and after looking at it, it turned out that the update was in quite advanced state.

What has been done:

- Corrects Nadali's dialogue file, allowing all missions related to Draagis to be completed even if you haven't spoken to Nadali before finishing the Northern Citadel quest. (Turambar_fixes_tweaks)

- Corrects the Fire of Bhaal Sword, which couldn't be used by thieves although it was a longsword.(Turambar_fixes_tweaks)

- Corrects some graphical problems (black square near the Northern Citadel, missing icons...) (Turambar_fixes_tweaks)

- Fixes a mummy-related issue which could break Korgan's quest (Turambar_fixes_tweaks)

- Lowered XP rewards for quests (BP_Balancer_v0.33g)

- Item rebalancing by Vlar

- Internalized fixes present in tp2 that were awkwardly separated in external files

- Internalized Big World Fixpack patches,

- All resources checked with Lolorian's Majestics Fixers

- Rewritten tp2 code from scratch (modern ARE patching, no batch files etc.)

- Support for EET (technically BG:EE could be supported too, but the mod was written with BGT in mind, so there would be likely missing resources)

- internalized NTotSCv171 patch directly into D files (so no more patching already compiled dialogues - still don't get it why it has been implemented this way in the first place)

- NTotSC no longer overwrites Temple area TIS file. Entrance to the cave is patched in as static BAM animation added to the ARE (looks exactly the same)

- support for macOS

What still needs to be done:

- The update has not been tested (regressions are likely)

- Item descriptions needs to be added to new "setup-EE.tra" file. EE descriptions should follow Beamdog item description style

- Due to nerfed statistics of the items translations should be updated before they can be enabled

- ADD_JOURNAL is currently missing. Would be great to move all journal strref into new, always loaded, journal.tra file and remove old references to journal from other tra files

Like I mentioned due to amount of projects I'm not interested in finishing these tasks (at least for the foreseeable future). But here is the promised package:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y75exzbgtt0iu9j/NTotSC.7z?dl=1

Just feel free to use the Tiz >>>Tis+PVRZ conversions and other bam stuff from the interim version, no need to duplicate work.

Also take a look at all the fixed dialogues and area scripts in the interim (most but not all are found also in BWFixpack, I fed them back into it while still playing BGT).

Just feel free to use the Tiz >>>Tis+PVRZ conversions and other bam stuff from the interim version, no need to duplicate work.

already done it (copied PVRZ files from your package). BGT still uses TIZ files. It looks like I forgot to include TIZ un-compressor. Here is complete package:

As for the fixes only stuff mentioned above (including BWF) is included. When I was still working on this mod I wasn't aware about additional fixes in interim.

Please keep in mind that this mod is not ready as it is (at least until it's tested and maintained, which may take months if ever, as Jestey mentioned).

Edited by K4thos

already done it (copied PVRZ files from your package). BGT still uses TIZ files. It looks like I forgot to include TIZ un-compressor. Here is complete package:

As for the fixes only stuff mentioned above (including BWF) is included. When I was still working on this mod I wasn't aware about additional fixes in interim.

Please keep in mind that this mod is not ready as it is (at least until it's tested and maintained, which may take months if ever, as Jestey mentioned).

The interim version works pretty stable, I have been through it in my various EET playthroughs now many times without issues. It does not have all the fancy cosmetics but it works. Up to now, Sandrah was the only mod to have any crossmod contents with it and all of that works fine.Looks like I covered Turambar stuff as well - if I remember correctly, it was made from micbaldur's and my own reports in BGT aynway.

Once your version is ready, it is ready. Knowing that it will come means that I will put no further work into improving the interim.

PS - This is from my experience with the large mods (NTotSC, RoT, Sandrah) that have a lot of new areas.

You can use the TIZ + unpack from the old mod and do a Tis+PVRZ conversion during install with Argent77's converter tool. However, I prefer to to the conversion offline and just copy a readymade directory over into override. This makes the download package larger (if you want to support old and EE games with it) but reduces install time and other issues. Copying the files takes about a minute or two even with the biggest mods. Conversion can take 20 min+ - and some computers may have performance or capacity problems with it.

Just to share this experience.

Edited by Roxanne

Hello Roxanne,

can you tell me why you have made Faiths and Powers unavailable for an eet-install in BWS? I installed FnP on eet in the past and had no problems so far. Granted, I have not advanced to BG2 yet, so I don´t know if there are future problems waiting for me.

By the way, thanks for the continued support of BWS, it´s an very useful tool for big installs.

Hello Roxanne,

can you tell me why you have made Faiths and Powers unavailable for an eet-install in BWS? I installed FnP on eet in the past and had no problems so far. Granted, I have not advanced to BG2 yet, so I don´t know if there are future problems waiting for me.

By the way, thanks for the continued support of BWS, it´s an very useful tool for big installs.

There was an error in the configuration with it..BWS shall follow EET-compatibility requirements to support it, not move ahead of EET and force mods not yet approved for EET.

PS - I do NOT maintain BWS, this is up to each modder to provide the own data they want in BWS by using the database *pull request* mechanism. All I do is to try and keep the EET selection up-to-date - but only when modders support this actively. It may appear as if I maintain BWS because I have done a lot of changes recently for a number of mods I try to maintain.

Current status of BWS is that there is no longer any *mastermind* doing all the work, but it is up to users and modders to support it - or not.

(Alien and others are still available for help when needed.)

Edited by Roxanne