Mod Compatibility List for EET

Hello,

so, now I have my own interim Version!

I truly managed to get Bonehill to work - at least for estimated about 80/90%

It seems there are still some minor glitches, because I havent it fully tested.

(Part2 not tested yet!)

Perhaps I will try it on my next real Installation....

Then he/she should give me a space to upload it.

(I only have 12k(!) for uploading here ;-(( )

You don't have to upload the file to the forum for testing, you can do it to any site that provides such services, like the mediafire dot com for example. And link that to a post.

There's literally hundreds sites that do that, as long as you have some kind of free profile signed onto.

@Jarno Many thanks for giving worst advice ever :spanking: Seriously, you are suggesting to use crappy sites, sometimes you should think about consequences of you advisories.

@Lundar Please read https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/66712/how-to-mod-hosting-sites-comparation-and-best-practices#latest

P.S. Did you read my Private Message ?

Edited by ALIENQuake

@Jarno Many thanks for giving worst advice ever :spanking: Seriously, you are suggesting to use crappy sites, sometimes you should think about consequences of you advisories.

Well, considering this is NOT a privately own mod BY Lundar, sites like your suggestion implies mediafire to be, as the worst solution are actually the best, why cause it can be tested and not uploaded for publics general use and forgotten with readme's pointing to left and so forth.

Try to listen next time.

Yeah, it might be different if Lundar would upload a new mod and so... but that's definitely not the case here.

What the hell are you talking about? You suggest to upload files into sites which:

have advertising

have chapta puzzle in order to download file
mod will be deleted after 30 days since last download
you cannot download mod file by using comandline tools like wget or Invoke-WebRequest
direct link to file will change every time when you upload new version of the mod
uncertain future
and call them 'best', just listen to yourself...

What the hell are you talking about? You suggest to upload files into sites which:

have advertising

have chapta puzzle in order to download file
mod will be deleted after 30 days since last download

There's such a thing as adblock, and you don't actually have to see them if you don't like them.

The chapta does what it's meant to do, aka no automation in downloads ...

and so what ?

As the solution is a temporary one, the files would be up/download-able for people, and when and if a permanent site was wanted, it's approval was easy to make by whom ever wishes to snatch the TESTED mod.

Think more than your own little project on what the people want from moding.

"So what?" So what??? If you want to download files with ads (anti-adblock scripts)/chapta/orher crap, fine! Just don't tell people that they should use such sites! Because somebody which is unaware about those things might actually listen to you crappy advices and create problems for other people. And if there are better sites for uploading anything, then there is no point of using crappy sites at all.

Is someone willing to fix/optimize/test this version of the Bonehill Mod ?

(to get it to 99% compatibility ;-) )

Then he/she should give me a space to upload it.

(I only have 12k(!) for uploading here ;-(( )

If you could upload it to dropbox, I can pick it up there, do a quick install check and provide feedback, I can also upload it to my github files afterwards - if you like - and provide an open download link for everyone. (Just in case you find it too cumbersome to dig into github yourself for just one mod).

Github can be used to optimise the mod and fix eventual bugs.

Edited by Roxanne

@Lundar Please read https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/66712/how-to-mod-hosting-sites-comparation-and-best-practices#latest

Is there a reason you created that thread using the mysterious 'GithubAdvocate' account instead of your own?

Hello Roxanna,

thnx for your offer!

I try to put a link in here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mzvaggk0qo939w5/Bonehill_EET.zip?dl=0

hope it works.

I only have changed all .are references and some chapter queries....

It will install and it seems to work - but I cannot say if its fully compatible with EET.

It will ONLY install on EET; no backwards compatibility to BGT or tutu.

I'm not a modder after all....

PS: there is a file needed: DYNAJ.dlg for installation which was missing.

I included one from my BGT Install....

I am very grateful, that you want to check it out.