Mod Compatibility List for EET

Thnx Roxanne for your support!

I really hoped it might have been changing some area_references and chapter checks....

(This way I could change some other mods for EET....)

But it seems there's a lot more this time...

It isnt very likely that there will be another SoBH mod for EET will show up ;-(

And if, it will be that one to use of course, and not my crappy conversion...

Additional Info: It seems that the "Reddy Forest" is especially resistent to visitors....

and the dialoque from Yalta ist that after clearing Tri-Top....

By the way: is anyone out there interested at all in SoBH ??

I am - and I know that some more people asked for it from time to time.

I have now done the essential conversion as descrobed in an earlier post (the rest I consider cosmetic - to be done if the base is stable).

It is available here https://github.com/RoxanneSHS/BoneHill/archive/master.zip for testing-

It requires installation of worldmap and it requires starting a new game to have the areas on worldmap.

So far I have only tested the install to work, Met Pelltar in Morninglord Temple and accepted the quest. Travelled a few areas for testing, talked to some people (no problem with Zahrdal).So far everything looks fine.

I consider it worth for further testing.

Yes, BUT, as it adds new areas, I think it would not be compatible with mobile versions of the game. I would love to see all (most? some? any?) of this great work be updated to work on tablets... :)

There's no .bif's in the archive... there's .pvrz's etc, but that's the new EE engine files, so you should try it, to find if it works.

By the way: is anyone out there interested at all in SoBH ??

I am - and I know that some more people asked for it from time to time.

I have now done the essential conversion as descrobed in an earlier post (the rest I consider cosmetic - to be done if the base is stable).

It is available here https://github.com/RoxanneSHS/BoneHill/archive/master.zip for testing-

It requires installation of worldmap and it requires starting a new game to have the areas on worldmap.

So far I have only tested the install to work, Met Pelltar in Morninglord Temple and accepted the quest. Travelled a few areas for testing, talked to some people (no problem with Zahrdal).So far everything looks fine.

I consider it worth for further testing.

I have done the initial quest (Bald Hill) without any issues.

- at this point it is just a conversion of the existing mod from BGT

To Do's:

- in EET (with SCS installed), those battles on Bald Hill are tactical encounters but not too hard. You cannot go there prior chapter 3 when you are about to go to bandit camp, so it fits. Still there needs to be some balancing for the extra XP and too many +2 weapons. Otherwise we get another Dark Horizon (almost). Whoever does the REAL EE/EET version should take that into account.

- Quest Journal Entries >>>currently all is added to *Journal* pages only. It is too long since I played BGT version, how did the original handle it?

- Item descriptions format - best do it after deciding which overpowered stuff may be replaced/tuned-

Edited by Roxanne

Yes, BUT, as it adds new areas, I think it would not be compatible with mobile versions of the game. I would love to see all (most? some? any?) of this great work be updated to work on tablets... :)

There's no .bif's in the archive... there's .pvrz's etc, but that's the new EE engine files, so you should try it, to find if it works.

PVRZ doesn't work on the mobile games:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/914718/#Comment_914718

That is all Greek to me, but my takeaway is that there seems to be an extra step necessary to make texture files work with the mobile games.

If there were a variant version of EET that doesn't biff anything, and if it had area/texture/whatever files in the PVRTC mobile-friendly format, then I would take another stab at trying to install EET on an iPad.

In the meantime I'm stuck playing BGEE and BG2EE as separate games... but there are a lot of mods I can't use (anything that adds new areas) because of that PVRZ incompatibility. :(

PVRZ doesn't work on the mobile games:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/914718/#Comment_914718

That is all Greek to me, but my takeaway is that there seems to be an extra step necessary to make texture files work with the mobile games.

If there were a variant version of EET that doesn't biff anything, and if it had area/texture/whatever files in the PVRTC mobile-friendly format, then I would take another stab at trying to install EET on an iPad.

In the meantime I'm stuck playing BGEE and BG2EE as separate games... but there are a lot of mods I can't use (anything that adds new areas) because of that PVRZ incompatibility. :(

I've made a small WeiDU mod that automates the texture conversion process for PVRZ files. It converts all PVRZ files of the game and places the converted files (back) into the override folder. Depending on the selected texture format and your hardware the conversion process may take a looong time. I think "PVRTC 4bpp" is the preferred texture format for iOS devices.

Download: A7-TextureConvert-mod.7z

Hello,

Thnx for your version of Bonehill, Roxanne!

Sorry, but it doesnt work well, either.....

Now even the FAI Area looks very strange

The travel to the areas via worldmap doesnt work either....

There must be an error deep inside, no one can see at once...

So this project seems to be dead,

you shouldnt use more effort in that than necessary, although I appreciate your help of course...

(its not your mod, after all)

all in all, it was a nice try, but some levels to miuch for me to handle....

We will now have to wait for the announced version, if it will ever arrive....

Hello,

Thnx for your version of Bonehill, Roxanne!

Sorry, but it doesnt work well, either.....

Now even the FAI Area looks very strange

The travel to the areas via worldmap doesnt work either....

There must be an error deep inside, no one can see at once...

So this project seems to be dead,

you shouldnt use more effort in that than necessary, although I appreciate your help of course...

(its not your mod, after all)

all in all, it was a nice try, but some levels to miuch for me to handle....

We will now have to wait for the announced version, if it will ever arrive....

I am currently playing that version successfully. Why should there be anything with FAI - the Bone Hill mod does not touch that area at all.

I have installed the mod in the BG2EE part of EET - afterwards BP-BGT Worldmap and EET_end.

- All the areas are on the worldmap,

- Pelltar appeared at Morninglord Temple and took us to Restenford.

- I have done the Bald Hill quest,

- the Zhaldar plot

- the Rat Barracks,

- been to the Bandit area,

- reported things to Pelltar,

- have recruited Fabio.

- solved TriTop

- Did the druid quest with Martin

Up to now, everything works fine, just like I remember it from old BGT days.

I can only guess that you have messed up your original install in some way. Unless something very unexpected happens in my further testing, I do not share your pessimism.

Travel via worldmap not working >>> the issue might have been wrong references to the random encounter areas while travelling between maps - I have corrected that.

PS - even the Sandrah crossmod contents works in full.

Edited by Roxanne

Hello Roxanne,

Again I'm grateful for your assistance, but:

I dont know whats wrong with my installation.

I installed everything new.

Before BH: BG2301 looks familiar .... (via NI)

after BH: broken - looks like a map from underdark....

all the characters are there and even the stairs up are there - but barely visible

travel triggers in BH wont work as before ;-(((

Difference:

I didnt Install Sandrah (yet) - only EET and BH !

(and of course Worldmap)

And: The BH install breaks if I dont provide DYNAj.dlg in "override"

(but it is nowhere in the .tp2 !)

Its totally weird....

Can perhaps someone else test it and see if it works ?

Hello Roxanne,

Again I'm grateful for your assistance, but:

I dont know whats wrong with my installation.

I installed everything new.

Before BH: BG2301 looks familiar .... (via NI)

after BH: broken - looks like a map from underdark....

all the characters are there and even the stairs up are there - but barely visible

travel triggers in BH wont work as before ;-(((

Difference:

I didnt Install Sandrah (yet) - only EET and BH !

(and of course Worldmap)

And: The BH install breaks if I dont provide DYNAj.dlg in "override"

(but it is nowhere in the .tp2 !)

Its totally weird....

Can perhaps someone else test it and see if it works ?

You are right!

I did not check that - I think that the problem is this BG2301 Tis and PVRZ files are overwritten by BH2301 stuff.

The reason for that is implied in the format of those files

They remove the second letter of the are name and add running numbers to the end.

So the tis+pvrz from BG2301 and BH2301 end up both with B2301xxx and so the mod overrides the original files.

Thank you for trying - I was too enthusiastic. I just looked at the mod itself and everything was fine but I did not consider incompatibility with the base game.

Embarassing.

I will try one last thing, i.e. changing the WED files to use renamied TIS files from BH... to PH...This way we can keep all the are-file references etc but will have unique Tis+PVRZ as Pxxxxxx is not used.

A bit of work, I will upload a new version later.

Edited by Roxanne

I did not check that - I think that the problem is this BG2301 Tis and PVRZ files are overwritten by BH2301 stuff.

They remove the second letter of the are name and add running numbers to the end.

So the tis+pvrz from BG2301 and BH2301 end up both with B2301xxx and so the mod overrides the original files.

Thank you for trying - I was too enthusiastic. I just looked at the mod itself and everything was fine but I did not consider incompatibility with the base game.

Embarassing.

I will try one last thing, i.e. changing the WED files to use renamied TIS files from BH... to PH...This way we can keep all the are-file references etc but will have unique Tis+PVRZ as Pxxxxxx is not used.

Another option would be to shift the pvrz page numbers to a higher base, e.g. base = 50 (or determine dynamically). You would have to rename PVRZ files and update references in the TIS file. This option will also preserve original ARE names.

That is a pity!

it would be totally sad, if there was no way - after all the work WE had done with it!

(You even more than me ???)

But - it doesnt explain the travel trigger issue, does it ?

It seems to be a incompatibilty between Worldmap and SoBH ??

(or is it only on my installation ? )

That is the only issue remaining for this mod, then it would be at least playable

(if there is a solution to the PVRZ thing, that is....)

PH ???

Aren't the Areas from NTotSC named PBxxx ?

There would be the same issue, wouldn't it ?

That is a pity!

it would be totally sad, if there was no way - after all the work WE had done with it!

(You even more than me ???)

But - it doesnt explain the travel trigger issue, does it ?

It seems to be a incompatibilty between Worldmap and SoBH ??

(or is it only on my installation ? )

That is the only issue remaining for this mod, then it would be at least playable

(if there is a solution to the PVRZ thing, that is....)

PH ???

Aren't the Areas from NTotSC named PBxxx ?

There would be the same issue, wouldn't it ?

The NTotSC are named AR10PB and such, so no issue. Also, I am not renaming areas, because of too many dependencies. Just the tis files and the references made to them in the wed's. Then the PVRZs will be names P1000xx etc which does not create conflict.

I have no idea about your worldmap problem. It works perfectly on my install. The only issue I had found was the 10% probability with the random encounter areas, which I meanwhile solved.

So, I just do that wed/tis thing right now. Given the limited number of files I do it manually. Creating a tool for it will only take longer. Should be done today - the upload to github will take another hour or so.

Afterwards wait and see if there are still surprises.

Embarassing.

Another option would be to shift the pvrz page numbers to a higher base, e.g. base = 50 (or determine dynamically). You would have to rename PVRZ files and update references in the TIS file. This option will also preserve original ARE names.

Sorry, I did not see your post before.

Yes, the renaming PVRZ and and updating references in the TIS files is what I am doing right now.. I tested it for some example areas, works fine. I now do the remainders.

Except for two files BH1000 and bH2201. There is something odd with those. It looks fine in the original version but gets the *EE horizontals* when converted to PVRZ?

Edited by Roxanne