Mod Compatibility List for EET

Update (sad case)

Xan in BG2 part

The mod is not officially EET compatible yet, unfortunately.

The mod was made compatible via the BWFixpack. Meanwhile the mod has been updated without including the fixpack corrections. The fixes no longer work with the updated version. The compatibility fixes fail due to changes in the target files.

The mod is thus bugged when used in EET.

Edited by Roxanne

Update (sad case)

The mod was made compatible via the BWFixpack. Meanwhile the mod has been updated without including the fixpack corrections. The fixes no longer work with the updated version. The compatibility fixes fail due to changes in the target files.

To whom it may concern

The Xan fixes existing in BWFixpack have been moved to a renamed folder (0Xan) so that they are not used for applying patches to the wrong mod version - but they are preserved for possible use if someone wants to update the mod.

Edited by Roxanne

Update (sad case)

To whom it may concern

The Xan fixes existing in BWFixpack have been moved to a renamed folder (0Xan) so that they are not used for applying patches to the wrong mod version - but they are preserved for possible use if someone wants to update the mod.

I checked now and I don't understand: the official Xan BGII version is 15, the BWS Fixpack patches v15, neither the patch nor the mod changed for a long time, what is the problem?

Update (sad case)

To whom it may concern

I checked now and I don't understand: the official Xan BGII version is 15, the BWS Fixpack patches v15, neither the patch nor the mod changed for a long time, what is the problem?

The fixpack does NOT patch v15 but v14. When 14 was updated to 15 in the mod, BWS raised errors for wrong version. In fixpack, only the tp2 patch has been changed to the new version number but the actual files have not been revised.

The result is a bugged mod in EET, as you can see from reports - I could write one myself from my own install but I have no access to PPG.

So someone can take the BWFixes and use them to include them into the mod where still appropriate or make a new fix for the new version that fits, To make that easier, the patches are kept in the BWFixpack to save work already done but they are disabled so that e,g, BWS does not falsely use them.

EDIT

On further inspection - the Fixpack contents for Xan was done based on an earlier version of EET for an earlier version of the Xan mod, so twice outdated (if there is such a thing).To pursue this further looks like a dead end to me.

I suggest the only good way ahead is to either provide an EET compatible version of the mod or to put the mod on github and allow others to contribute an update by creating a branch that the author can merge if appropriate,

Edited by Roxanne

Ah, I see! Thank you for clearification.

What would be the outdated code for EET compatibility? While scanning what is inside the 0Xan folder I saw the usual things: EET continuous chapter system, fatespirit, which I thought would be valid for the current EET version, too?

Ah, I see! Thank you for clearification.

What would be the outdated code for EET compatibility? While scanning what is inside the 0Xan folder I saw the usual things: EET continuous chapter system, fatespirit, which I thought would be valid for the current EET version, too?

Maybe that was never enough. Honestly, I did not go for code analysis and what really needs to be done for Xan. I cannot even assure that the original patch was working since I never took him into party before. All I can say from recent reports and my own install is that in EET this version of xan with those patches does not work. It starts after Underdark and falls apart in ToB.

I did not go into the code since this is pocketplane mod and it helps nobody if I learn anything about their mods.

Somebody with experience and access to the mod needs to do a real conversion for that mod. I know from my own conversions that some complex mods need far more than just the EET conversion tools. Those provide a basis but the rest is a bit of work still. (But I think, you know that. too?)

PS - there are some more mods converted hastily to EET that have issues. There was some enthusiasm when EET came out to convert mods as fast as possible. Often the devil is in the detail.

Edited by Roxanne

Which other mods are you referring to which have EET issues?

I cannot recall by heart but I made reports to their forums where appropriate. I only mentioned it as a general example for those early patched mods that are in the third part of the EET list, those should be taken with caution and in the long term get true EET compatibility. The interim that agb1 once has provided is already *interim* a bit too long. It was expected that this status was a matter of months only, not a permanent workaround.

Recent changes to the EET Compatibility List

Moved to Native EET support

• Ajantis BG1
  • Tiax BG2
  • Sellswords

Upgraded

• The long-term interim NTotSC version for EET has been replaced by the full version 2.0, usable now without patches

Outlook
Famous modder Kulyok has recently announced *retirement*, with permission to her mods
mirroring and technical updates are allowed and welcome.

There is a chance that someone now provides EET compatibility to those formerly untouchable mods.
Edited by Roxanne

Ascalon's Questpack updates to v2.02 is now directly compatible with EET.

It adds quests to both parts of the game.

Link from GitHub: https://github.com/Gitjas/AC_QUEST/releases/latest

Link from official download site: https://kerzenburg.baldurs-gate.eu/downloads.php?id=77

Aaaand finally, PPG official downloads page is updated with the EET comatible versions:

Banter Pack v15

Flirt Pack v1.04

Lure of Sirirne's Call v15

The EET list is up-to-date.

Does this change any BWS download links?

(and this http://www.shsforums.net/topic/56670-big-world-setup-an-attempt-to-update-the-program/page-250?do=findComment&comment=600410)