Mod Compatibility List for EET

I found a small issue regarding incorrect utf-8 characters and reported this as "issue" in PaulaM's github site.

@PaulaMigrate

Please have a look at the translations and iconv configuration. There seems to be an issue with the french journal entries as well.

I found a small issue regarding incorrect utf-8 characters and reported this as "issue" in PaulaM's github site.

@PaulaMigrate

Please have a look at the translations and iconv configuration. There seems to be an issue with the french journal entries as well.

I tested the update and it seems to work now. Quick response!

On another note; Item Revisions removes short bow and axe usability for Shamans. I guess it's not a deal breaker as far as compatibility goes but it should probably be noted that this issue exists.

Is this some EET specific issue or is this a general IR defect? Should BWS deal with it. OR is that not rather something to be treated by the mod itself?

I am not sure what your expectation is with respect to the compatibility list on this issue.

EDIT - Please check the entry in the list now, I added a few words - see if that captures it.

Edited by Roxanne

Thanks Roxanne!

Is this some EET specific issue or is this a general IR defect?

It is a general IR/EE issue but since EET compatibility kind of includes EE compatibility I thought it should be mentioned. If I see a mod on the list I am assuming it doesn't cause issues in my EET installation.

Should BWS deal with it. OR is that not rather something to be treated by the mod itself?

Well, as for the origional IR, it looks like the mod is no longer updated so if BWS can deal with it that would be very nice.

There is of course IR-Revised. I've mentioned the issue but even if it gets adressed there, the author has stated that he only has limited rights to publish his version and won't add it to the BWS anytime soon.

EDIT - Please check the entry in the list now, I added a few words - see if that captures it.

Looks good to me

Edited by Ulb

Thanks Roxanne!

Should BWS deal with it. OR is that not rather something to be treated by the mod itself?

Well, as for the origional IR, it looks like the mod is no longer updated so if BWS can deal with it that would be very nice.

Is that some specific component in IR? Does it conflict with a mod or is it generally not compatible with the new EE class?

Is that some specific component in IR?

It's the main/core component as far as I can tell.

Does it conflict with a mod or is it generally not compatible with the new EE class?

Like Doc said, general issue with EE.

Does it conflict with a mod or is it generally not compatible with the new EE class?

As you have the issue, could you check if the code in my latest edited response works for you ? :devlook:

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

It's just that Shaman usability is implemented in a new way in EE 2.0+ and IR has not been updated since Shamans were introduced.

With respect to EET compatibility list >>> The warning about Shaman's should be sufficient

With respect to BWS >>> according to the classification used in BWS, it would give the mod expert warnings (i.e. you can install it if you accept that in case of shamans you may need EE-Keeper of NI to resolve issues.) Since many components in IR are redundant to components of other mods, BWS can give the alternative the higher priority if the user chooses both.

Opinions?

Since many components in IR are redundant to components of other mods, BWS can give the alternative the higher priority if the user chooses both.

Not sure how helpful that is since it is the main component that causes issues.

(Mind you, I do not know whether there are also sub components causing similar issues.)

Just check if a file is overwritten with an old version of a file, as they lack the flag and opcode reguired from doing the specific abjuration(flag and counter effect).

The subcomponents don't, as they patch the files. BUT THE MAIN component doesn't. Apparently it was too hard to patch.. Which is kinda the truth.

Just check if a file is overwritten with an old version of a file, as they lack the flag and opcode reguired from doing the specific abjuration(flag and counter effect).

The subcomponents don't, as they patch the files. BUT THE MAIN component doesn't. Apparently it was too hard to patch.. Which is kinda the truth.

No, as I've said before., the IR main component also affects mod added bows/arrows/axes. So these do get patched (in the wrong way) and not just overwritten..

No, as I've said before., the IR main component also affects mod added bows/arrows/axes. So these do get patched (in the wrong way) and not just overwritten..

No they don't get patched incorrectly. Yes, they might be overwritten by the main component and that's bad... but that's not patching. And yes, the subcomponents might require the main component, but there's nothing wrong in the patching, just the fact that the main component is BAD. There's a difference there. And with patching, there's no difference when you patch it. Edited by Jarno Mikkola