Mod Compatibility List for EET

Rather than worry in the abstract, I think it would be better to hear actual reports of gameplay...

Yeah, you're probably right......

Anyway, even if you added that opcode, there could still be cases of suboptimal behavior ----> For example, enemy mages may cast either Remove Magic (bad choice) or Breach (good choice) at a party member who gulped a Potion of Clarity.... @Ardanis is one of the dev behind SoD AI, right? Maybe he can enlighten us on this topic.....

Edited by Luke

I expect they wouldn't cast either one... which is fine. How could an enemy combatant know which potion you drank?

Yes, you may be right. Enemies cannot know which potion you drank since Item Revisions removes opcode #328 from all potions.....

Anyway, this is not fine because the player knows that Breach can remove the effects granted by Potion of Clarity......

I'll try to see what happens in SoD as soon as possible.....

Edited by Luke

Are both of those Dungeon crawl builds compatible with EET? Both versions are labelled as v10, but the one on PPG is missing info regarding EET compatibility in Readme.

http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=168&Itemid=117

https://github.com/BigWorldProject/DungeonCrawl

The mod is not EET compatible yet.

The inofficial pirated version seems to be.

That's what you get when you make unapproved and unauthorized pseudo update versions: chaos reigns and players get confused (and original mod authors are annoyed or more, btw.)

Edited by jastey

Could someone confirm if this build of Aran Whitehand NPC mod is compatible with EET https://github.com/cmorganbg/Aran-Whitehand/releases/tag/Beta_Luridel?

It says in the changelog that it's EET compatible, but I didn't check the install myself.

Yes, I'm asking because EET compatibility was mentioned in Readme. My question was more if this compatibility was tested and if it's confirmed.

That's what you get when you make unapproved and unauthorized pseudo update versions: chaos reigns and players get confused (and original mod authors are annoyed or more, btw.)

Sorry to hear that it's hosted without permission. I've removed it from compatibility list. I think there was a small patch available for Dungeon Crawl at some point although I no longer have those files (it wouldn't work with updated version either way).

Version 3.3 of Quest Pack, which, among other things, adds EET compatibility is officially on PPG now!

:party:

Thank you very much for your huge support, and if there are any technical changes to be made, I'll do all the updates for my mods on PPG within days, just PM me the links to the files (well, that is, if I know you :) ).

From what I understand it looks like Kulyok is interested in updating mods if someone sends her files, not necessarily giving permission to host them externally (not sure though). Dungeon Crawl being BG2 mod makes it easy to add native support for EET (probably just a chapter number evaluation), so having it in the official package would be preferable. I remember sending her update files with native EET support for all of her mods, but for some reason none of them have been internalized :(

edit:

And, yes, since I'm not really very familiar with the current modding developments and so on, mirroring and technical updates are allowed and welcome.
huh, missed this part. That would explain why some of her mods landed on BWS Github. So yeah, I think the BWS fork may be fine, unless there is confirmation that author is against it. I've reverted the github commit that removed the link for now.
Either way I think it would be better approach to have all platforms supported in one place rather than hosting forks, if she is still willing to update the official package if someone sends her files (no confusion, no situations when one version receives a bugfix but not another).
Edited by K4thos