Mod Compatibility List for EET

There is also a beta version of the Improved Archer Kit available which is compatible with EET. I have to postpone a stable release until WeiDU v240 has been published, however.

Btw, Animal Companions is EET compatible and so is the Bear Walker kit (though that doesn't have anything that needed to be made compatible anyway).

thanks! List updated, Improved Archer Kit patch removed.

I've been running into an issue with v19 of The Grey Clan mod on GitHub. Every time I tried to install it, I got a GLR parse error on line 888 (where the default language is chosen):

BUT_ONLY
END
END

LANGUAGE
~english (olimikrig's revision)~
~english_revision~

There doesn't look to be any issues with the code after LANGUAGE - no missing tildes or wrong names. Just in case there were missing tags elsewhere, I put an additional END tag on the code above, so it looks like:

BUT_ONLY
END
END

END

LANGUAGE
~english (olimikrig's revision)~
~english_revision~

For some reason, the mod was able to install properly after that. Was there additional code added in that section between V18 and V19?

Already next question

I get a CtD when trying to access the worldmap in my installation. This is due to the fact that I use the huge worldmap from BP-BGT-Worldmap. I had this problem before with BGEE/SoD game but not with BG2EE.

Now I have selected the GUI provided by EET-End and the CtD happens. I will make another attempt with this GUI uninstalled. My assumption is that the EET GUI is based on the SoD one, not on the BG2EE?? Is this possible?

Edit. 1. Changed to the default GUI with same result.

2. Installed Worldmap after EET_end with same result

It looks like EET does no longer support the huge BP-BGT-Worldmap at all ????

I had no issues in this respect with the 0.9b of EET

Edited by Roxanne

Roxanne, you don't have updated bp-bgt_worldmap BAM file with icons, right? https://github.com/K4thos/EET-patches-for-BG2EE-mods

Place it in correct folder and reinstall setup-bp-bgt-worldmap.exe

The mod is supported

This is not the problem.

I HAVE the patched worldmap. I can verify in NI that all areas (including SoD maps) are there and correct. All bams are there.

I have encountered the problem with the huge worldmap before when using it in BGEE-SoD, it always caused CtDs. Same worldmap in BG2EE (with the EET 0.9) had no problems.

Can it be the size (8000x6300) that causes the problem? Something else beside the additional bams may have changed between 0.9beta and 1.0 RC?

Now I have selected the GUI provided by EET-End and the CtD happens. I will make another attempt with this GUI uninstalled. My assumption is that the EET GUI is based on the SoD one, not on the BG2EE?? Is this possible?

If you tested it by starting new game than it sounds like one of the mods in your install order broke the worldmap. I've just tested it on clean EET installation with both BG2:EE and SoD GUI - started new game and went from Candlekeep to Beregost without issues.

btw. these messages during bp-bgt_worldmap installation:

ERROR: error loading [//bd7100.are]

ERROR: error loading [//bd3000.are]

ERROR: error loading [//links.are]

are harmless. As mentioned in this post EET still hasn't implemented going back to SoD areas (vanilla SoD cuts out access to them going from chapter to chapter which won't be the case in EET). So in order to disable those new links for now I've commented them out via "//". This feature is planned for the next RC. I'm planning to also prepare a patch for those who already installed the game, so no need to wait for it.

---------

Anyway Roxanne, check out TBL files located in Worldmap directory, maybe you will see something odd in them added by one of mods. Also you may try to uninstall BP-BGT Worldmap and than place clean WMP file (make a backup of the old one first) to override and install worldmap again. If the game won't crash after doing so than you are good to go, but it also means that one of the mod corrupted the file, which is worth investigating further. Also please check out if the game crashes without BP-BGT Worldmap installed.

Edited by K4thos

If you tested it by starting new game than it sounds like one of the mods in your install order broke the worldmap. I've just tested it on clean EET installation with both BG2:EE and SoD GUI - started new game and went from Candlekeep to Beregost without issues.

btw. these messages during bp-bgt_worldmap installation:

ERROR: error loading [//bd3000.are]

ERROR: error loading [//links.are]

are harmless. As mentioned in this post EET still hasn't implemented going back to SoD areas (vanilla SoD cuts out access to them going from chapter to chapter which won't be the case in EET). So in order to disable those new links for now I've commented them out via "//". This feature is planned for the next RC. I'm planning to also prepare a patch for those who already installed the game, so no need to wait for it.

---------

Anyway Roxanne, check out TBL files located in Worldmap directory, maybe you will see something odd in them added by one of mods. Also you may try to uninstall BP-BGT Worldmap and than place clean WMP file (make a backup of the old one first) to override and install worldmap again. If the game won't crash after doing so than you are good to go, but it also means that one of the mod corrupted the file, which is worth investigating further. Also please check out if the game crashes without BP-BGT Worldmap installed.

Thank you so much - the trick with the clean map worked.

Some mod must have done something to WMP prior to my installing BP-BGT Worldmap.

Since it has happened already in my previous BGEE-SoD install that narrows down the possible sources. I will take another look at those tables as you suggested.

Some mod must have done something to WMP prior to my installing BP-BGT Worldmap.

post your weidu.log please. Also please check out if the game crashes with that old WMP file without BP-BGT Worldmap installed.

The game does not crash with old WMP file (The EET map) without BP-BGT Worldmap.

Here are the logs and also the tables from worldmap (I did not see anything strange in them).Worldmap.zip

Note that I installed SireneNPC despite your warning - I have corrected the reported issue locally in the baf before installation (the mod does nothing to WMP)

Note the NTotSC you see is my own conversion I use locally until your version becomes available (otherwise I cannot test Sandrah) - it is just a TP-update similar to what TDDz does for TDD.

thanks

Note the NTotSC you see is my own conversion I use locally until your version becomes available (otherwise I cannot test Sandrah) - it is just a TP-update similar to what TDDz does for TDD.

please also post your NTotSC tp2 file, so I can check how the worldmap is patched by it before I start checking those other mods (which will be very time consuming if the game doesn't crash on EET worldmap :( ).

And just to be sure - Sandrah mod doesn't touch WMP at all, right?

Edited by K4thos

thanks

please also post your NTotSC tp2 file, so I can check how the worldmap is patched by it before I start checking those other mods (which will be very time consuming if the game doesn't crash on EET worldmap :( ).

Suggest to wait for a bit, I am just checking NTotSC and Sandrah myself at this moment with the clean worldmap you gave me. This should show if any of the two are to blame.

Edit

I can exclude Sandrah as possible source - the mod adds loads of new areas to worldmap but when installed on the clean map, there is no issue with or without BP-BGT Worldmap. (Or with default or new GUI provided by EET_end).

The issue may be in the NTotSC, although I used it without problems in EET 0.9Beta before

//**************************************************

// WORLDMAP

PRINT "Updating Worldmap...."

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS ~Worldmap/map_mods_areas.tbl~ THEN BEGIN

COPY ~Worldmap/map_mods_areas.tbl~ ~Worldmap~

APPEND_FILE ~ntotSC/Worldmap/areas.tbl~

COPY ~Worldmap/map_mods_links.tbl~ ~Worldmap~

APPEND_FILE ~ntotSC/Worldmap/links.tbl~

//preliminary step - making LANGUAGE temporary file until the new WeiDU

COPY - ~ntotSC/Worldmap/%LANGUAGE%/worldmap.tra~ ~tmp_worldmap.tra~

COPY ~Worldmap/map_mods_trans.tra~ ~Worldmap~

APPEND_FILE ~tmp_worldmap.tra~

END

ELSE BEGIN

MKDIR ~Worldmap~

COPY ~ntotSC/Worldmap/areas.tbl~ ~Worldmap/map_mods_areas.tbl~

COPY ~ntotSC/Worldmap/links.tbl~ ~Worldmap/map_mods_links.tbl~

COPY ~ntotSC/Worldmap/%LANGUAGE%/worldmap.tra~ ~Worldmap/map_mods_trans.tra~

END

COPY ~NTotSC\tisunpack.exe~ ~override~

COPY_LARGE ~NTotSC\tiz~ ~override~

AT_INTERACTIVE_EXIT ~ntotSC/NTAreas.bat~

Edited by Roxanne

thanks

Suggest to wait for a bit, I am just checking NTotSC and Sandrah myself at this moment with the clean worldmap you gave me. This should show if any of the two are to blame.

Edit

I can exclude Sandrah as possible source - the mod adds loads of new areas to worldmap but when installed on the clean map, there is no issue with or without BP-BGT Worldmap. (Or with default or new GUI provided by EET_end).

The issue may be in the NTotSC, although I used it without problems in EET 0.9Beta before

// WORLDMAP

PRINT "Updating Worldmap...."

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS ~Worldmap/map_mods_areas.tbl~ THEN BEGIN

COPY ~Worldmap/map_mods_areas.tbl~ ~Worldmap~

APPEND_FILE ~ntotSC/Worldmap/areas.tbl~

COPY ~Worldmap/map_mods_links.tbl~ ~Worldmap~

APPEND_FILE ~ntotSC/Worldmap/links.tbl~

//preliminary step - making LANGUAGE temporary file until the new WeiDU

COPY - ~ntotSC/Worldmap/%LANGUAGE%/worldmap.tra~ ~tmp_worldmap.tra~

COPY ~Worldmap/map_mods_trans.tra~ ~Worldmap~

APPEND_FILE ~tmp_worldmap.tra~

END

ELSE BEGIN

MKDIR ~Worldmap~

COPY ~ntotSC/Worldmap/areas.tbl~ ~Worldmap/map_mods_areas.tbl~

COPY ~ntotSC/Worldmap/links.tbl~ ~Worldmap/map_mods_links.tbl~

COPY ~ntotSC/Worldmap/%LANGUAGE%/worldmap.tra~ ~Worldmap/map_mods_trans.tra~

END

COPY ~NTotSC\tisunpack.exe~ ~override~

COPY_LARGE ~NTotSC\tiz~ ~override~

AT_INTERACTIVE_EXIT ~ntotSC/NTAreas.bat~

In order to avoid any worldmap problem with Sandrah mod in the future I think I will reuse a modified feature from BWP/BWS for EET.

"To be able to install Sandrah, you must copy the file worldmap.wmp IMMEDIATELY BEFORE INSTALLATION OF THE MOD from the folder BiG World fixpack into the override folder.

Because this patch cannot be installed before, this will not be done by the BiG World Fixpack.bat, but the BiG World

Install.bat."

In EET I can achieve the same by adding this line to the early part of her tp2

COPY ~EET/base/worldmap.wmp~ ~override~

My mod anyway requires BP-BGT worldmap to be installed afterwards.

I will install worldmap right after EET and see what happens, if it is ok I will uninstall it again and repeat the step after each mod which adds to worldmap...

that would be a great help, thank you.

PS - I have decided to do a complete new install of BG2EE and EET

I've just pushed the next RC update. Hopefully in time (if no than I've also released mini patch for older version)

Although it must be really frustrating doing installations over and over. BWS can't come soon enough.

Report on worldmap issue

1. Did a new install pf BG2EE

2. Installed EET RC3

3. Installed patch RC4

4. Installed BG-BP worldmap >>>>>CtD when selecting worldmap in game

5. Ununstalled BG-BP worldmap

6. Removed entries for Drizzt Saga and Stone of Askavar from BGEE from all tables (in case one of these mods was the source)

7. Installed BG-BP worldmap >>>>>CtD when selecting worldmap in game

Here are the tbl from step 6

Worldmap_tbl.zip

I also attach the BGEE weidu log in case there is another mod modifying worldmap that I am not aware of.

No idea what to do next other than to set the issue aside for the moment and continue (will modify my own mods new area position to fit into some - empty spaces on the EET map - not nice but at least useable for further testing)

Edited by Roxanne