Mod Compatibility List for EET

Since BG1 NPC Project Music Pack Readme mentions that it can be installed before or after BG1 NPC Project, I don't see an issue installing it on BGEE. I also didn't see any indication in code that it got native EET compatibility. 

As for your first question @Arthas, yes, you should install mods from the first list on BGEE, then install EET Core component, then mods from the second list, and finish with EET_end component from EET

On 4/16/2020 at 3:23 PM, jastey said:

also note about EET Worldmap removed as the BP-BGT-Worldmap is compatible with EET.

But shouldn't they BOTH be in the list. It's not like installing one makes it impossible to ever install the other in some other variaty for mods compatible with just that mod ? And EET.

26 minutes ago, Arthas said:

For example, I'm planning to install only two quest mods of Lava and I don't plan on polluting my game of quest mods. Do I need it ?

Erhm, this is more of the subject of BiG World Installs than this list, see it's not combatibility guide to install order, it's a compatibility list of EET in reguards of any other mod, BUT that mod alone, not a mix of them.

But to answer your qguestion, it depends on which exactly mods you are talking about, but I would assume them to be newish, say not RoT or NeJ, TDD, SoS, as those could have Lava featured as a someone else... but the likely answer is a nope, they don't reguire Worldmap mod. PS, we really should actually call it "Worldmap" mod, not the BP-BGT- as neither of those are part of it, reguired nor anything else.

@jastey... ahh, that's how it is, never mind. :ph34r:

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Mods in the compatibility page and which have problems with eet apparently :

- bg1 aerie v1.1 : just met her at the festival, she walks towards me to talk but the dialog can't start, and I can't start it too !
 - the artisan kitpack : most of the kits work, but if you choose the option to give the rogue archer kit to imoen the installation works, but ingame she keeps her usual thief kit. (that's after starting a new game of course, I posted about that on its beamdog forum page).
 - unfinished business v27 for bg2 in french is broken, and it's odd because it worked in previous versions. The game can't start if you install in french. Installing in english works. With this english version I also had a weird problem in eet, when you meet the 3 bandits north of beregost they don't start their dialog and don't turn hostile. Oddly it was an old bug which had been fixed in a previous ub version, don't know if it's eet specific though.

- I tried to install drizzt saga on bg1 as recommended and got an error during the installation, maybe because of an incompatiblity with another mod but I have very few mods installed in the bg1 side and all in your compatibility section for bg1, I didn't insist, it's an  old mod and it has a reputation of instability, it was just for testing...
 - installing "yeslick for soa/tob", or "sirene for bg2" works, but the mod complains that it can not find a specific file in the override folder during installation which is apparently needed for the transition between bg1 and bg2 in eet.. It's just a warning, the installation works and I don't know what happens when the transition occurs, I guess they probably loose either their inventory or their stats...

Edited by zelurker

@jastey : Oh, ok, well drizzt saga is unmaintained afaik, ub 27 is not on the same site as the old versions so I guess it's another maintainer, I filled an issue on github for it, but didn't get any return from it. I posted on the forums when possible, but I thought you wanted to know that the compatibility is not so good for these mods, after all it's supposed to be a list of compatible mods.

There would be 2 weidu.log here, the one from bg1 and then the one from bg2 + eet installed. I didn't use the setup tool because it's on linux. I made an attempt with the setup tool first and it got a few weird errors during installation so I decided it was safer to do that manually. Plus the game froze when I launched it, because of ub in french now I know it, but at that time it had installed a ton of mods and I had no clue... anyway, here are the 2 weidu log files if you want to have a look, the smallest one is bg1ee of course !

weidu.log weidu.log

14 minutes ago, zelurker said:

I thought you wanted to know that the compatibility is not so good for these mods, after all it's supposed to be a list of compatible mods

That's definitely good to know, but a bug in the mod doesn't necessarily mean it shouldn't be on the EET comp list. The mods on the list have an official EET compatibility, it doesn't guarantee the mods to be bug free or even install properly (which is also not the scope of the list, that's what I am referring to.).

The BG1 Aerie thing could be a problem with the EET transition which @K4thos is the only one who would know (but it could as well be a bug in the mod).

@Angel is currently maintaining UB so I'm sure he'll come back to the issue, thank you for filing it!

Yeslick is on v3, does the install error occur with this version, too?

The error from Sirene install would be best in the mod's thread at SHS or BeamDog's.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for bug reports and always thankful if you take the time! Only if they are at the "wrong" places the mod authors might not find them. But you are right, it is sometimes difficult to know where a report should go, so posting at the mods' forum is never wrong.

Yeah I got the archives for yeslick and sirene from the ee setup tool directory and I just noticed they were outdated, so maybe it was fixed already, and I shouldn't have trusted this thing then... !

But I am not sure I'll redo the whole install just for those 2, it's really big ! Anyway...

edit : finally I tried to install v3 of yeslick, you have the choice to install him as fighter cleric as before or a specific cleric kit for his god, in both cases I get this warning precisely :

EET_NPC_TRANSITION patching for LK#YESLK: BG2 NPC without BG1 content

WARNING EET_NPC_TRANSITION: "lk#yesl.bcs" doesn't exist in game

WARNING EET_NPC_TRANSITION: "lk#yes25.bcs" doesn't exist in game

Since it's a bg1 npc the error would be in eet here no ?
Posted to the yeslick forum anyway !

Edited by zelurker

And I found the bug in the installation of drizzt saga : for some reason the file amb_e05d.WAV had an uppercase extension in the override directory, I don't understand how it's possible since normally weidu converts everything to lowercase in linux... the effect of some tool maybe ? Anyway just renaming this to lowercase fixes it.

So I'll try the big install, after that's what eet is for, I am curious to test Sandrah... I spend my time doing installations and almost never playing these days !

1 hour ago, zelurker said:

I don't understand how it's possible since normally weidu converts everything to lowercase in linux...

Well, if the mod doesn't utilize the tolower feature that was later added, it doesn't automatically do a thing.

1 hour ago, zelurker said:

I spend my time doing installations and almost never playing these days !

This is called playing the weidu game... the various symphtoms include trying to capture the whole moding scene under one tool and disagreeing with everyone about things and complaining about balance, and how it could be better if you just flip the whole game table around.

Well this fever of installations at least showed me something was wrong somewhere : at a point I updated the sirene mod in bg1, and it worked fine here, I even launched the game to check and everything was right.

But when running eet/eet.tp2 in bg2 from this same bg1 install, the result were some weird altered strings everywhere for the sirene mod, her martyr class showed as a random string when creating a character. Since there was no obvious way to fix that, I uninstalled all the mods, removed everything left in the override directory, and then reran modmerge in bg1, and I did the same for bg2 and then checked the local files using steam. Then reinstalled, and this time it worked, the strings were not altered anymore, and at the same time the weird bugs I had with the aerie mod in bg1 and bg1ub are gone ! (ub for bg2 still has its french translation broken, there is no magic here). So well everything works fine now, I'd say weidu installs are quite fragile, never interrupt an installation with ctl-c because it's not handled and the result is "undefined", and when weidu decides to uninstall and reinstall things by itself to alter something already installed it seems to fail if the installation uses some external tool and here also the result is undefined, can work or not depending on luck, and sometimes like here it seems to work while you are in bg1, but it breaks when imported in bg2 by eet. Another symptom : when installing eet before I had the message "eet installed with alerts", but it was impossible to see which alerts it was talking about without capturing all the output in a file and I did not do that. Now the message is eet installed, without the alerts. So everything is fine !

Wow, I'll be able to play now (well actually started a new game this morning !).