K4thos

Mod Compatibility List for EET

As far as I understand, Aura BG2 is simply not yet completed, rather than it being an EET comptibility issue.

On 5/7/2020 at 3:53 PM, subtledoctor said:

If you’re going to play a mod kit, EET makes it a lot easier to play the same one throughout. 

Is Aura not EET-compatible?

Does aTweaks and/or SCS not cover celestials?

I’m not sure Geomantic Sorcerer is compatible with any EEs, anyway. But if you’re playing on the EEs, there’s all sorts of good stuff available. I will finally plug one of my own mods and recommend Faiths & Powers. Fancy a bombastic elemental Druid? A Barbarian/Shaman? A Ranger/Druid with sorcerer-style casting? All possible, and more. 

So, I've been doing some digging and I am really leaning towards including Faiths & Powers, Might & Guile, and Tome & Blood mods to revamp and flesh out the classes and kits available.  One thing holding me back is the issue of HLAs that are addressed in Rogue Rebalancing and Refinements.  Do your mods offer replacement HLAs or are they meant to be used in conjunction with Refinements/Rogue Rebalancing?

aTweaks doesn't touch PnP Celestials, it has everything else, but I think because I'd completed PnP Celestials before it came out, aVENGER left that part out.  SCS might do something with them, but I think it is mostly on the script side of things.

Geomantic Sorcerer should probably be EET compatible.  It's overpowered in its versatility, and starts to break the game in ToB, but I still found it fun enough and not something that just eliminated all challenge at any point in the game.

Posted (edited)
On 5/12/2020 at 1:53 PM, Caedwyr said:

So, I've been doing some digging and I am really leaning towards including Faiths & Powers, Might & Guile, and Tome & Blood mods to revamp and flesh out the classes and kits available.  One thing holding me back is the issue of HLAs that are addressed in Rogue Rebalancing and Refinements.  Do your mods offer replacement HLAs or are they meant to be used in conjunction with Refinements/Rogue Rebalancing?

Generally, classes will use HLAs from RR and Refinements.  Some mods add HLAs (like a special bard aura with MnG bards, or the chance to take extra feats with MnG feats) but they do so in a non-destructive manner; those new HLAs will be added to whatever table the class is already using.  (In this case that would be RR or Refinements.)

Faiths & Powers sets up its own HLA tables, generating them dynamically at install-time for each kit, based on that kit's major-access spheres.  This means all ~100 priest kits have unique HLA tables, created on the fly.  There are a few HLAs that are common to all clerics, or all druids, and then the rest are connected to spell spheres. So e.g. Globe of Blades is in the Combat sphere, and Fire Elemental Transformation is in the Fire sphere, etc.  So for FnP I advise skipping the cleric and druid HLAs in Refinements.  (You can do that now, in Refinements v4.)  On the bright side, a bunch of the HLAs FnP uses are in fact taken from Refinements; so you can still get most Refinements HLAs, they will just be determined based on your sphere access instead of all clerics getting the same ones.

I don't think Tome & Blood touches HLAs at all.  The only thing there is, I think Refinements might have special sorcerer versions of HLAs; if you play a multiclass sorcerer (or my Mana Sorcerer), you will get mage HLAs. Not that big a deal.

I think that's it.  Probably is a good idea to install Refinements HLAs before Might & Guile (and after RR).

Edited by subtledoctor

This is good news.  The install order is going to be tricky between all the various tweaks, kits, and class mods but it sounds like I can get everything working.

7 hours ago, Caedwyr said:

The install order is going to be tricky between all the various tweaks, kits, and class mods but it sounds like I can get everything working.

Luckily, install order has been hashed out pretty well lately by various other players.  Should be fairly easy now to vet your proposed order against those other games.  At least within groupings like NPCs, Tweaks, etc.

Well, I can comment on Tower of Deception, as I have it installed as part of my EET setup.

Oddly, it's readme (v4.01) makes no mention of EET compatibility. Yet, I was pretty sure that everything in my install list was good to go for EET.

As a test, I went ahead and started it just now. The quest initiated, transport to the Tower was successful, I am several floors in, everything seems to be working -- from journal entries, to friendly NPCs, to all of SCS's antics with spellcasters.  I'll report back if I discover any problems, but so far, I would assume it's good to go.

Thanks for the update.  I'd love to hear your opinions on balance and quality of the mod as well. I've found some early posts about the mod when it was first released and it was apparently quite unbalanced, but I seem to recall reading that some of the later updates fixed a lot of the issues.  I had it on my list for a reason, but I can't recall or find those other comments that convinced me to put it there.

Posted (edited)

Just finished it. No problems. A few graphical glitches, but nothing remotely breaking.

The mod recommends levels 11-13. I had all multiclass characters around level 12 (and a Paladin at level 15 -- can't multi) and found the challenge appropriate. XP was right on target. It was fun, short enough for an excursion, and has earned a solid place in my install list. To note, I didn't install the optional extra encounter with the owner of the tower (you mean he's not dead?), so I can't comment on its balance. The adventure felt just fine without.

There is a sword at the end that is quite powerful. It's Carsomyr level power, though it has some fairly serious drawbacks to mitigate. Not cursed, at least.  If it seems too much, you can always discard. My pally is wielding it now, though she will swap for Carsomyr once I acquire it. I may go into NI and remove the drawbacks, 'cos that's just the kinda guy I am :D

Edited by Lightbringer

Glad to hear this one is EET compatible and decently balanced.  I'll probably give it a try.

The reward sword at the end, the Warblade of Twilight, has some errors. The +5 damage to CE (similar to the Holy Avenger) is actually applied only to the wielder on equip. I went into NI and fixed it, recreating the +5 to CE on hit. I also went ahead and removed the Berserk chance and the Dex penalty. From what I've read, the spellcasting effect doesn't work properly, so it's not quite as unbalanced as it seems. Right now it's kind of a Holy Avenger-Lite.

If these things interest you, please see the attached file. Drop in your Override folder.

ALSO... If providing the file is inappropriate or a violation of etiquette (it's not my mod, after all) please let me know and I will take it down.

va#calan.itm

@Lightbringer

Can you do a version with only fixes, without removing penalties? Also regarding "spell-casting effect" - it doesn't work but if it would, it would be too powerful? 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.