Mod Compatibility List for EET

On 4/19/2020 at 2:23 AM, Cahir said:

@jastey another one from my latest findings: Trap Overhaul (dl link in the first post). According to @kjeron it should work for EET, but confirmation would be great.

I'm not going to read the entire thread to find out, but if no one has responded to this yet, it does indeed work for EET, though I only installed the fast trap detection.  The rest was of no interest to me at this time.

EDIT: I went back and reinstalled the whole thing.  The recover traps option does indeed work.  Haven't tested out a monk yet.  But all I  can say is Imoen is going to be in need of her own bag of holding, or perhaps a new container...bag o' traps?

EDIT EDIT: Looks like you're limited to 1 of each kind of trap.  You may as well use them as you get them

EDIT EDIT EDIT: That might only be the case if there is more than one of the same kind of trap near each other. ...  Yup, that's what it was

Edited by Lauriel

Intro
Thankee to Lightbringer for recommending I ask for EET update help in this thread instead of just asking around individually.

My Request in Brief
For anyone wanting to help our group's next EET install,

Updating BG 1 & 2 Mods to EET
The mods are listed below in alphabetical order in English by their first character.  As of this writing, these mods either aren’t EET compatible natively or aren’t confirmed to be EET compatible natively.

There may be multiple mod branches or mod versions.  The links included below are to the versions I intend to be updated to EET compatibility.
-Jerry Zinger (Probably needs EE & EET versions.)

-Saradas Magic (Works on EE and is advised to be installed pre-EET.  Probably needs an EET version.)

-Saradas Magic II (Works on EE.  Probably needs an EET version.)

-Sylmar Battlefield (Probably needs EE & EET versions.)

-Teleport Without Error Spell for BGII (Works on EE.  Probably needs an EET version.)

On 7/15/2020 at 11:07 AM, jastey said:

Late reply: you can still install bg1npc project as well as bgqe to the BG:EE game, first.

So if you want an EET game with BGQE/Brage's Sword, Brage's Redemption, BG1NPC and Garrick: Tales of a Troubadour, you have to install it like below?

1. BGQE/Brage's Sword (has to be before BG1NPC to get all the content, works before or after EET)

2. BG1NPC (has to be before Garrick, works before or after EET

3. Garrick: ToaT (has to be before EET conversion)

4. EET conversion from BGEE/SoD

5. Brage's Redemption (has to be after BGQE, and also after EET conversion)

1 hour ago, jastey said:

@Shin

Yes, that's how I'd do it.

Thanks. And just to check, given that the compatibility list has BG1NPC v24 and 24.1 listed as fine to install before EET, and v24.2 and above listed as to be installed after EET, would you say the latest version can also be installed prior to EET?

Edit: Thanks again.

Edited by Shin
On 7/22/2020 at 7:47 PM, jastey said:

@Shin

Yes, that's how I'd do it.

Installing BGQE prior to EET conversion and then attempting to install Brage's Redemption after EET throws an error here:

Copying 1 file ...
[c#brage/spl/c#be1rcu.spl] loaded, 202 bytes
Copied [c#brage/spl/c#be1rcu.spl] to [override/c#be1rcu.spl]
Copying and patching 1 file ...
[./override/C#BRAGE1.cre] loaded, 2116 bytes
Copied [C#BRAGE1.cre] to [override/C#BRAGE1.cre]
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Brage's Redemption - Brage Joinable NPC for Baldur's Gate], rolling back to previous state
Unable to Unlink [c#brage/backup/0/OTHER.0]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "c#brage/backup/0/OTHER.0")
[c#brage/backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
Will uninstall  37 files for [C#BRAGE/C#BRAGE.TP2] component 0.

After looking through the TP2, my best guess is that this section is the culprit:

/* older bgqe installed? detect "Brage's Sword" quest */
ACTION_IF NOT ((MOD_IS_INSTALLED ~setup-bgqe.tp2~ ~11~) OR (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~c#q13brn.dlg~)) THEN BEGIN

/* bgqe not installed - install quest */

INCLUDE ~c#brage/tpa/brages_sword.tpa~

/* identify the correct dialogue state of "Brage's Sword" (so I can leave the original one untouched) */
OUTER_SET brage_state = STATE_WHICH_SAYS 44 IN ~c#brage/tra/%s/BRAGES_SWORD.tra~ FROM ~BRAGE.dlg~

END ELSE BEGIN

/* quest is installed via bgqe */

/* identify the correct dialogue state of "Brage's Sword" (so I can leave the original one untouched) */
OUTER_SET brage_state = STATE_WHICH_SAYS 44 IN ~bgqe/tra/%s/BRAGES_SWORD.tra~ FROM ~BRAGE.dlg~

END

WeiDU will correctly interpret my game as having BGQE since c#q13brn.dlg is present, and so should try to identify the correct state of Brage's Sword. However, since the BGQE directory isn't present in my install (as the EET conversion doesn't move the directories from BG1 to BG2), this attempt fails and causes the error.

Testing this hypothesis, manually copying the BGQE directory from its BG1/SoD location into the BG2/EET directory makes the problem go away and the install completes. However, I'm reluctant to do this not knowing if it might enter incorrect dialogue states into the mod. Any ideas?

48 minutes ago, Shin said:

WeiDU will correctly interpret my game as having BGQE since c#q13brn.dlg is present, and so should try to identify the correct state of Brage's Sword. However, since the BGQE directory isn't present in my install (as the EET conversion doesn't move the directories from BG1 to BG2), this attempt fails and causes the error.

Testing this hypothesis, manually copying the BGQE directory from its BG1/SoD location into the BG2/EET directory makes the problem go away and the install completes. However, I'm reluctant to do this not knowing if it might enter incorrect dialogue states into the mod. Any ideas?

Oh, that's a very good catch, I didn't think of this. Providing the bgqe folder in the EET game is the right thing to do: Brage mod needs to find the spcified text file in the bgqe tra folder (EDIT: to identify the already inserted text line in the game). This should work!

EDIT: You will not need the bgqe folder in the EET game to uninstall Brage.

In the Compatibility list, there are some broken links: 

- Alternatives (somewhere else at G3?)

- Saradas Magic: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/58028-mod-saradas-magic/

- Margarita NPChttps://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/15867/mod-npc-margarita-zelleod
- Slow boat from Kara-Tur: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussi...rom-kara-tur-quest-store-new-items-release-90

- Neera Expansion: http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/1022-neera-expansion/

I guess every link with forum.baldursgate.com ;) (BG1-Project Musci Pack, Dark Horizons, Drizzt Saga, Finch NPC, Indira NPC, Valerie NPC)...