Mod Compatibility List for EET

On 7/22/2020 at 7:47 PM, jastey said:

@Shin

Yes, that's how I'd do it.

Installing BGQE prior to EET conversion and then attempting to install Brage's Redemption after EET throws an error here:

Copying 1 file ...
[c#brage/spl/c#be1rcu.spl] loaded, 202 bytes
Copied [c#brage/spl/c#be1rcu.spl] to [override/c#be1rcu.spl]
Copying and patching 1 file ...
[./override/C#BRAGE1.cre] loaded, 2116 bytes
Copied [C#BRAGE1.cre] to [override/C#BRAGE1.cre]
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Brage's Redemption - Brage Joinable NPC for Baldur's Gate], rolling back to previous state
Unable to Unlink [c#brage/backup/0/OTHER.0]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "c#brage/backup/0/OTHER.0")
[c#brage/backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
Will uninstall  37 files for [C#BRAGE/C#BRAGE.TP2] component 0.

After looking through the TP2, my best guess is that this section is the culprit:

/* older bgqe installed? detect "Brage's Sword" quest */
ACTION_IF NOT ((MOD_IS_INSTALLED ~setup-bgqe.tp2~ ~11~) OR (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~c#q13brn.dlg~)) THEN BEGIN

/* bgqe not installed - install quest */

INCLUDE ~c#brage/tpa/brages_sword.tpa~

/* identify the correct dialogue state of "Brage's Sword" (so I can leave the original one untouched) */
OUTER_SET brage_state = STATE_WHICH_SAYS 44 IN ~c#brage/tra/%s/BRAGES_SWORD.tra~ FROM ~BRAGE.dlg~

END ELSE BEGIN

/* quest is installed via bgqe */

/* identify the correct dialogue state of "Brage's Sword" (so I can leave the original one untouched) */
OUTER_SET brage_state = STATE_WHICH_SAYS 44 IN ~bgqe/tra/%s/BRAGES_SWORD.tra~ FROM ~BRAGE.dlg~

END

WeiDU will correctly interpret my game as having BGQE since c#q13brn.dlg is present, and so should try to identify the correct state of Brage's Sword. However, since the BGQE directory isn't present in my install (as the EET conversion doesn't move the directories from BG1 to BG2), this attempt fails and causes the error.

Testing this hypothesis, manually copying the BGQE directory from its BG1/SoD location into the BG2/EET directory makes the problem go away and the install completes. However, I'm reluctant to do this not knowing if it might enter incorrect dialogue states into the mod. Any ideas?

48 minutes ago, Shin said:

WeiDU will correctly interpret my game as having BGQE since c#q13brn.dlg is present, and so should try to identify the correct state of Brage's Sword. However, since the BGQE directory isn't present in my install (as the EET conversion doesn't move the directories from BG1 to BG2), this attempt fails and causes the error.

Testing this hypothesis, manually copying the BGQE directory from its BG1/SoD location into the BG2/EET directory makes the problem go away and the install completes. However, I'm reluctant to do this not knowing if it might enter incorrect dialogue states into the mod. Any ideas?

Oh, that's a very good catch, I didn't think of this. Providing the bgqe folder in the EET game is the right thing to do: Brage mod needs to find the spcified text file in the bgqe tra folder (EDIT: to identify the already inserted text line in the game). This should work!

EDIT: You will not need the bgqe folder in the EET game to uninstall Brage.

@jastey Thanks, I'll go with it. Was a bit worried about the EET_end process not being completed and changes perhaps being made to .dlg files afterwards, but looking at Brage.DLG now it seems to be in order.

As long as EET_End is installed after Brage all will be well. The bgqe folder was only needed so the Brage mod could identify a certain text line from the quest that is already installed via bgqe and patch it.

In the Compatibility list, there are some broken links: 

- Alternatives (somewhere else at G3?)

- Saradas Magic: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/58028-mod-saradas-magic/

- Margarita NPChttps://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/15867/mod-npc-margarita-zelleod
- Slow boat from Kara-Tur: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussi...rom-kara-tur-quest-store-new-items-release-90

- Neera Expansion: http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/1022-neera-expansion/

I guess every link with forum.baldursgate.com ;) (BG1-Project Musci Pack, Dark Horizons, Drizzt Saga, Finch NPC, Indira NPC, Valerie NPC)...

Thanks for the reports. They will be fixed eventually.

Which site is forum.baldursgate.com? I don't know why links for SHS mods go to that now broken site, anyway.

On the list, Finch and Indira's links go to a thread at BeamDog forum and are working for me.

32 minutes ago, jastey said:

Which site is forum.baldursgate.com?

It's the newer old TeamBG.com site that Solaufein used to upkeep at one point or another, or at least revied, in his efforts to keep things as original as was possible*. And yes, that was the original site some mods were kept at. 

21 minutes ago, maus said:

I would guess, that forum.baldursgate.com is a former address of the BeamDog-Forum... 

Hahahhahahahha. You have no idea what you are talking about.

*see for example the "original" BGT site.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola
14 minutes ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

It's the newer old TeamBG.com site that Solaufein used to upkeep at one point or another, or at least revied. And yes, that was the original site some mods were kept at. 

Hahahhahahahha. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Yes, before the Beamdog forums were at forum.beamdog.com, they were at forum.baldursgate.com.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.