Jump to content

Mod Compatibility List for EET


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, maus said:

Solaufeins site is baldursgatemods.com (btw...)

They weren't originally Solaufeins sites... they were just restored by him. Just to restore them, so they were not to be forgotten.

Link to post
Guest Noobie

I played vanilla BG1 long ago and now plan to return and do a thorough playthrough of EET based on Steam EE game installations.

Could someone please verify that they don't see any obvious incompatibilities in my combination of mods or their install order, that there are no redundant or yet not working mods (i've read mod README-s for days now, so I hope everything' should work): 

I'll run Project Infinity to install mods in the following order:

Before EET

  1. DLC Merger with 1. option that unzips SoD
  2. Classic Movies
  3. Coran's BG Extended Friendship Talks
  4. Neera Expansion
  5. Unfinished Business BG1

New areas, quests and NPCs

  1. EET
  2. Ascension
  3. Eilistraee's Song
  4. Colours of Infinity: Innershade
  5. Colours of Infinity: I Shall Never Forget
  6. Baldur's Gate Mini Quests & Encounters
  7. Hidden Adventures
  8. Rolles Safyer
  9. Magic Store of Vergadain
  10. The Sword of Noober
  11. The Minotaur and Lilacor
  12. Wheels of Prophecy

Modifications to existing NPCs

  1. Endless BG1
  2. BG1 NPC Project
  3. Baldur's Gate Romantic Encounters
  4. Unfinished Business
  5. Turnabout
  6. Minsc Friendship
  7. Coran for BG2
  8. Yeslick SoA/ToB
  9. Xan for BG2
  10. Xan friendship

Items

  1. Item Upgrade
  2. Unofficial Item Pack

Tweaks and AI

  1. SCS
  2. Tweaks Anthology

Portraits, sound, UI and EET Tweaks

  1. Portraits Portraits Everywhere
  2. High Quality soundclips for BG2EE extended content
  3. Enhanced Edition Trilogy Tweaks (picks BG/SoD/BG2 portrait of recurring companions - is it right to put after PPE?) 
  4. Reveal Hidden Gameplay Options (probably adds buttons to game menu, so I put it before EEUITweaks. Is this correct?)
  5. EEUITweaks User Interface Mods Collection
  6. EET_End
Link to post
Guest Noobie

I left out  The Cowled Menace as its version number hasn't reached 1 yet and it requires to be installed after SCS, while all other mods recommend installing quests before AI and tweaks. If it contains items, it might fudge SCS and tweaks of items. I'll risk it next time if I ever get to a second playthrough.

Link to post

Assuming you have the latest version, Classic Movies should now be installed after EET.

Edit:  And after EET's GUI changing component.

Edited by Sam.
Link to post
Guest Noobie

@Sam. that's right - all latest versions linked from EET compatibility list. Thanks for the Classic Movies tip! And thanks for the Classic Movies themselves as it appears you are the author of this mod 😃 I will update the EET compatibility list to reflect the change. By the way I read in one old post that EET already switches the new movies to the old ones, but it's not mentioned in EET-s documentation, so I'm assuming this part of switching movies was taken out of EET somewhere along the line. Would that be the case? Otherwise the effort of making Classic Movies compatible with EET would be a waste of time.

@AL|EN I included Wheels of Prophecy because EET compatibility list includes it as "Wheels of Prophecy v6 or above", saying to install it after EET. It says the same in its readme. Would you still recommend against it?

Link to post
41 minutes ago, Guest Noobie said:

@Sam. that's right - all latest versions linked from EET compatibility list. Thanks for the Classic Movies tip! And thanks for the Classic Movies themselves as it appears you are the author of this mod 😃 I will update the EET compatibility list to reflect the change. By the way I read in one old post that EET already switches the new movies to the old ones, but it's not mentioned in EET-s documentation, so I'm assuming this part of switching movies was taken out of EET somewhere along the line. Would that be the case? Otherwise the effort of making Classic Movies compatible with EET would be a waste of time.

EET does provide a version of the old movies, but IMO my version is a higher quality.  Also, if you install Classic Movies after EET and use the "Restore BG1 Chapter and Dream Screens" component, the appropriate GUI theme will be used to match your EET game.

Link to post
Guest Noobie
36 minutes ago, Sam. said:

EET does provide a version of the old movies, but IMO my version is a higher quality.  Also, if you install Classic Movies after EET and use the "Restore BG1 Chapter and Dream Screens" component, the appropriate GUI theme will be used to match your EET game.

I'll do just that then ^_^

Link to post
2 hours ago, Guest Noobie said:

@AL|EN I included Wheels of Prophecy because EET compatibility list includes it as "Wheels of Prophecy v6 or above", saying to install it after EET. It says the same in its readme. Would you still recommend against it?

Yes, as the author said https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/30323-wheels-of-prophecy-updated-to-83/?tab=comments#comment-290183

 

Link to post
Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...