Mod Compatibility List for EET

• "Garrick: Tales of a troubadour v1.24 or above" is listed as requiring to be installed on BG1:EE before EET - however, this mod requires that BG1NPC be installed before it, and BG1NPC must be installed after EET - I think this makes it impossible to install?
  • "More Styles for Mages v1.55 or above" does technically install on EET, but only the BG2EE content. The tp2 does not install the new items for High Hedge to eet and so the BG1EE content doesn't install. you can either install it twice, once on BG1EE and once on EET, or you can do a simple edit of the tp2, replacing all instances of "~bgee" with "~bgee eet"
Edited by Xazarlar
1 hour ago, Xazarlar said:

"Garrick: Tales of a troubadour v1.24 or above" is listed as requiring to be installed on BG1:EE before EET - however, this mod requires that BG1NPC be installed before it, and BG1NPC must be installed after EET - I think this makes it impossible to install?

BG1NPC can be installed on BGEE like Garrick.  It only recently was able to be installed after EET.  I'm not the author, but I can see no reason that it cannot still be installed there.

7 hours ago, Xazarlar said:
  • "Garrick: Tales of a troubadour v1.24 or above" is listed as requiring to be installed on BG1:EE before EET - however, this mod requires that BG1NPC be installed before it, and BG1NPC must be installed after EET - I think this makes it impossible to install?
  • "More Styles for Mages v1.55 or above" does technically install on EET, but only the BG2EE content. The tp2 does not install the new items for High Hedge to eet and so the BG1EE content doesn't install. you can either install it twice, once on BG1EE and once on EET, or you can do a simple edit of the tp2, replacing all instances of "~bgee" with "~bgee eet"

As Lauriel said, BG1NPC can still be installed to BG:EE prior the EET transformation.

More Styles for Mages doesn't seem to be compatible with EET, as it seems, and should be removed from the list.

Pweath add these to the EET compatibility list!  (The list was at least mostly updated as of 2019.  Newer mods weren't reliably added to the list.)

Saradas Magic II is EET compatible as of last year.

Stuff of the Magi is EET compatible.

Red Dragon Summoning is EET compatible.

The Jerry Zinger Show is now EET compatible in its latest release.

Heroes, Thieves, and Moneylenders is EET compatible.

Luxley Family is EET compatible as of its latest release.

Baldur's Gate 1 NPCs in Shadows of Amn (BG1 NPCs in SoA) is EET compatible as of 12.5.

Siege of Dragonspear to Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Item Upgrade (SoD to BG2EE Item Upgrade) is EET compatible.

Under-Represented Items is EET compatible since v7.

Baldur's Gate 1 Unfinished Business (BG1UB) is EET compatible since 14.1.

Shuri Ninja Kit is EET compatible.

Throne of Bhaal Tourist (ToB-Tourist) is EET compatible.

Hubelpot the Vegetable Merchant recruitable NPC is EET compatible since its latest release.

Rjali NPC is EET compatible since its latest release.

Ruad Ro'fhessa Item Upgrade Mod is EET compatible as of v29.

Quayle BG2 is EET compatible.

Bolsa Merchant has EET compatibility since v6.

The Longer Road Irenicus as a hireling mod is EET compatible since 2.0.1.

Jan's Alchemy is EET compatible since v8.

Improved Haer'Dalis Swords is EET compatible since v3.

D's Odd Quest Mod AKA Imnesvale is EET compatible as of v21.

Jini Romance is EET compatible since 3.1.

The Slithering Menace is EET compatible since v4.

Darron the BG2 Thief Guild Vendor is EET compatible as of v2.

Wilson Chronicles is EET compatible as of 1.8.1.

Kit Le Rôdeur de l'ombre (Shadow Ranger) is EET compatible as of its latest release.

Demon Summoning Ritual is EET compatible as of v8.

Heart of the Wood (Druidic Wands) is EET compatible from v7.

MegaMod: Mazzy Romance, Clara NPC, Darkside Anomen, Flying Aerie, For The Evil, & more! AKA All Things Mazzy (crossmod banter and more!) is EET compatible.

Weasels! is EET compatible since 1.2.

Valerie NPC for Baldur's Gate I is compatible with EET since v1.2.

Adventures in Papperland is EET compatible since its latest release and puts The Beatles (with an A!) in BG2!

Keyring: A Mod for the Orderly is EET compatible since v7.

Solaufein Flirt Pack is EET compatible since 1.2.

Ascalon's Braegar is now in English and German!  (Remove the note about this mod not yet being fully in English.)

Thankee!

Edited by Endarire

First of all huge kudos and gratitude to all people that maintain the compatibility list and mod authors/maintainers who bothered to add EET support to mods.

@Endarire, that's an impressive list of new mods, I will add them right away., thank you!

Pweath add these to the EET compatibility list!  (The list was at least mostly updated as of 2019.  Newer mods weren't reliably added to the list.)

I think this is not fair take considering compatibility list received more than 100 commits since the start of 2020, which is massive amount of work. It's hard to keep track of everything released (especially if not mentioned in this topic), so some omission are to be expected. Also keep in mind that anyone with github account can propose changes to the list via pull request functionality.

--------------------------

In V13 I removed support for installing following mods on BG:EE previous to installing EET on BG2:EE due to native versions existing, which means they should be installed after EET:

- BG1NPC Music Pack

- Baldur's Gate Mini Quests and Encounters

- Baldur's Gate Romantic Encounters Modification

- Thalantyr - Item Upgrade

- Indira NPC for BG1 Tutu

- Xan's friendship path for BG1

- Coran's BG Extended Friendship Talks for Tutu, BGT, and BGEE

- Ajantis BG1 expansion

- Finch NPC mod for Tutu, BGT and BG:EE

- Gavin NPC mod for Tutu, BGT-WeiDU, BG:EE

- Isra NPC Mod for BG:EE, BGT and TuTu Version

- Neera Banters

BG1 NPC Project installation on BG:EE is still supported despite native version also existing, due to install order required by some mods that don't have EET support (2 Garrick mods that seems to be dependant upon BG1NPC). There are also 2 more mods natively supported, mentioned by Endarire: Valerie NPC and BG1 Unfinished Business.

With the current state of things I'm considering introducing following changes:

1. Prepare native patches for the remaining mods myself (now that the list has less than 20 entries it became mangable for me to do so in reasonable time frame, I think) and send them to mod authors. From our conversations I know that at least Lava is interested in adding native support (Verr'Sza NPC, White NPC). cpmvars being used may be harder sell for authors who started modding with EE games, since it adds a bit inconvenience when working with code, but still worth a try.

2. After this removing whole section 1 of compatibility list. If mod doesn't have native support it's considered as not compatible.

3. Removing restriction of what mods can be installed on BG:EE and getting rid of all compatibility patches for those mods (present directly in EET code, mostly NPC transition stuff). Which means any mods will be installable on BG:EE previous to installing EET but this option is not something that is encouraged (or even mentioned anywhere in readme) and is done at player's own risk.

Cons:

- few less mods considered compatible (not all authors will be interested in incorporating native patches and hosting those patches externally is not a good idea due to mod updates making them not compatible over time)

Pros:

- easier installation process and less confusion for players (it's often criticized how hard it is to install everything when you have to think about install order on 2 different games)

- with mods installation on BG:EE not being curated situation like in the case of fan made SoD Russian translation not being supported (EET complaining that mod is not recognized) won't happen anymore

Please share your thoughts if this is good idea.

Edited by K4thos
4 hours ago, Endarire said:

The list was at least mostly updated as of 2019.  Newer mods weren't reliably added to the list.

The list is a community effort. Mods posted here in this thread or entries offered per PR should be added ("should be" as in "I am pretty sure they were as soon as someone found the time").

Whining about any other mod not being added goes right back into your face for not posting here. So, thank you for the list on that post.

As long as minor BG1EE/SoD mods can be installed it is a reasonable idea especially when you consider required maintenance. When you create those patches, make sure to post them because it's always easier to adapt the patch than to create it from scratch.

38 minutes ago, K4thos said:

In V13 I removed support for installing following mods on BG:EE previous to installing EET on BG2:EE due to native versions existing, which means they should be installed after EET:

- Baldur's Gate Mini Quests and Encounters

I fear removing the possibility to port some of the BG1 mods from an BG:EE install was too soon. For example, there is one component in bgqe that needs to be installed before bg1npc. bg1npc might need to be installed onto BG:EE because of GTotT etc. On top of that is install orders of some mods which might make it necessary for other questmods also being installed to BG:EE (before bg1npc) although I'd need to check for examples.