Translating EET

some of these stuff is used only for debugging (debug file is quite large, so it's easier to have some pointers while analysing it). I will edit French file myself to remove unneeded strings once the tp2 file is traified. Nice to have a list :)

Translation is still in progress in this file. I'll update it once I'm done. I'll avoid translating things that are obviously debug data.

Could you please share this tool?

You can find a description of Translation Retriever here.

Although the principle used to recover texts for BG2EE is similar, I'm not using the generated tra file to build the language file for BG2EE. Instead I created a tp2 file making the link between a BG2EE text and a BGII or BGEE text.

Here is a link to the latest version of Translation Retriever. It includes this new capability to create a tp2 file.

The content is similar to the BG2 Fixpack GTU component, very much like what White Agnus used for his text patch. I built the dialog.tlk using exactly the same process, except that I applied two components, one for BG II texts, one for BGEE texts.

Additionally, there is some work to do on the tra files extracted from games before using Translation Retriever. You need to convert the encoding to ANSI for the BGEE and BG2EE English files (Translation Retriever is an ANSI application).

To improve the comparison result, you also need to cleanup the ToB file, especially remove the item usability bits, and to fix typical typos or changes mode in BG2EE. I kept a list of all regexp replacement patterns I applied for this cleanup.

I can also provide the tp2 files Translation Retriever built regarding text matches between BG2EE and BGII / BGEE, if you're interested.

Hi there.

If nobody else is working on the spanish translation...

Not quite my friend :) I already had one. Based of course on the work and style of our fellow spaniards Clan DLAN.
The thing is, I haven't been able to make it work "just so" :pout: so better post it here. Use it, correct it, discard it, do what you must!
Castilian spanish for the text, using the current GitHub EET files. I'm not really sure but in the spanish version the movies are just subtitled, so the OGGs from the english version should work.
By the way, thanks to K4thos and all the ones involved.

es_ES.zip

Edited by El Dunadan

Thanks El Dunadan for translation. It has been implemented in the package.

---------

Call for translations update for EET 1.0 Release Candidate 1: https://github.com/K4thos/EET/tree/master/EET/lang

1. New strings added to 2da.tra. Mostly related to new Campaign Selection feature. Feel free to write them however you wish, no point in keeping it literal, considering these are mostly quotes from marketing materials regarding each game.
2. New file called chapters.tra. This may look scary but 90% of this file are just strings existing in BG:EE and BG2:EE. There is one part where the strings needs to be slighltly modified to presnt them CHARNAME perspective rather than narrator's.
3. 4 new strings in dialog.tra
4. setup.tra now have 21 strings related to WeiDU installation process (so don't use non-English language letters)

Thanks in advance!

edit: part of post has been removed, it was meant to be posted in different topic :jump: Sorry for confusion.

Edited by K4thos

Don't feel new post will be neccesary for this, so I put my question here.

K4thos, I see you have put the notice on Polish Localisation mods (both for BGEE and BG2EE) at SHS, that these mods are not neccesary because current translation versions are already in the game after 2.5 patches came life. Out of curiosity, did you check if the translation (along with original VO's) are fully implemented in BG2EE 2.5? I didn't have the chance to check it myself, didn't receive any complaints that something is missing either, but still, I would be more comfortable for some confirmation that everything is fine.

@K4thos

I know this is bit offtopic, but since you already mentioned Polish translation: How much untranslated contend leakage one may expect in non SoD parts of the game in EET?

I'm planing full playthrough (my last one was in BGT times before EE was even on horizon) and while I don't mind playing SoD in English it would be really irritating (ocd) if other chapters had mix of Polish / English dialogs / item descriptions etc. Honestly I'm really torn between PL/EN versions, I consider translation superb, but on the other hand English version gives me consistency which is really nice.

As for SoD, Unfortunately there are some bits of translated text in 2.5 (Spell description, map/NPC notes, some miscelleanous lines and a little bit of first chapter). I added some translated lines to Translation Tool being a aware that Beamdog might export whole SoD dialog file for patch 2.5. I will ask them to not update it until its finished. When we have some bigger part of translation to present I'll probably ask K4thos to compile SoD translation mod as a intermediate solution and for testing purposes.

for K4thos:

I have finished translation of EET (v1.0 RC 12) and EET Tweaks (v1.9) into Czech language. I mostly used "official" sentences from the original game (by Christof and Edvin) and added the rest. Since Edvin is just finishing translations of BG2:EE and SoD, some of the texts may change over time, but at the moment, something is better than nothing.

It's just the texts themselves, the movies remain in English.

EET_CZ.zip

EET_Tweaks_CZ.zip