Translating EET

8 hours ago, Vicq said:

for K4thos:

I have finished translation of EET (v1.0 RC 12) and EET Tweaks (v1.9) into Czech language. I mostly used "official" sentences from the original game (by Christof and Edvin) and added the rest. Since Edvin is just finishing translations of BG2:EE and SoD, some of the texts may change over time, but at the moment, something is better than nothing.

It's just the texts themselves, the movies remain in English.

EET_CZ.zip

EET_Tweaks_CZ.zip

thanks, translations will be added in the next version. When it comes to movies, if you can send me Czech version of BEREGOST, INTRO, NASHKELL and WYVERN MVE files, I can handle the audio splitting myself (audio track is merged with movie during EET installation).

btw. I envy you that Edvin guy. I don't think SoD will ever receive Polish version 😢

Guest random

@Cahir sorry, but I have to take a shot at you.

Why do you torment us with hope? ;) I appreciate all the hard work you and other volunteers are doing (I really do), but can't really understand all the secrecy. Last update anyone involved gave on SoD translation in Beamdog forums was over 9 months ago (and not for lack of asking), and apparently team also hardly uses Beamdog translation tool/portal so no progress visible there. Why not throw Polish players a bone, and at least give us some update other then, "don't lose hope yet"

Please?

There was no official update, because there was simply no progress for a long time. To be honest I was really close to give away Project Leader mantle. Now... there's a real chance to give the project a spin that came up recently, but I don't want to announce anything just yet, until it's official (exactly to no give you a false hope). Besides, translation is not being done directly in Beamdog Translation Tool (I use it to actually import lines already translated elswhere), that's why you don't seem to see any progress at all. Unfortunately most of translators involved in BGEE and BG2EE translation were not interested in translating SoD and there weren't a lot of competent candidates that wanted to help (there were candidates, sure, but they didn't guarantee a quality of translation, which is of an utmost importance to me). But like I said, there is something going on and I hope we'll be able to announce it quite soon.

26 minutes ago, Chevalier Noir said:

The SoD is not translated as this add-on is not available in french yet.

BG2EE is also not available in french ATM.

I mean BD said that BG2EE in French will first be available in the "console port" of the game...

On 7/14/2019 at 11:56 AM, Fouinto said:

BG2EE is also not available in french ATM.

I mean BD said that BG2EE in French will first be available in the "console port" of the game...

BTW, I am an asshole !

I should have started by "Thank you for all your work 😍"

for K4thos:

I have completed the translation of the EET (v1.0 RC 12.1) into Russian.

2da.tra, chapters.tra, compatibility.tra, dialog.tra, map_mods_trans.tra, note to translators.txt and readme-EET.html are full translated.
prompts.tra and setup.tra not translated - cyrillic characters are shown incorrectly in the console.
The movies remain in English.
Folder "style" is a copy of the same folder from the root directory. It contains resources for readme-EET.html.

EET_RU.zip

Hi there,

I just finished translating EET and EET-Tweaks into Italian language.

I attach the TRA files to this topic, if you are interested in downloading and adding them to the main setup.

(Please note that "movies" folder is empty due to size limits of attachments... anyway, my game is in Italian language, but I can't find the original BG1 movie dialogs... err...)

@K4thos Thanks for your awesome mod!

EET-TWEAKS_it_IT.zip EET_it_IT.zip

On 7/6/2019 at 8:25 AM, Cahir said:

There was no official update, because there was simply no progress for a long time. To be honest I was really close to give away Project Leader mantle. Now... there's a real chance to give the project a spin that came up recently, but I don't want to announce anything just yet, until it's official (exactly to no give you a false hope). Besides, translation is not being done directly in Beamdog Translation Tool (I use it to actually import lines already translated elswhere), that's why you don't seem to see any progress at all. Unfortunately most of translators involved in BGEE and BG2EE translation were not interested in translating SoD and there weren't a lot of competent candidates that wanted to help (there were candidates, sure, but they didn't guarantee a quality of translation, which is of an utmost importance to me). But like I said, there is something going on and I hope we'll be able to announce it quite soon.

OK, for those who are still interested in the topic. Since a couple of new translators have recently shared their interest in helping with Polish SoD translation and significant work has been done within last week, we have officially restarted the project. There is still a LOT to be done and this is STILL a matter of MONTHS rather than weeks, but there is significant amount of hope to make it done this time. I don't want to give a false hope just yet, but there is a rekindled determination among the team to make it finally live. Fingers crossed.

I will use my upcoming (just waiting for new SCS update) EET run to familiarize with SoD (shame on me, but I haven't had a chance to finish it yet), just to enhance the quality of my own contribution. Current plan is to release translation in batches via WeiDU mod, as we did with BG2EE, just to be able to test it out thoroughly before we share it with Beamdog to officially implement it in game (if of course any new patches are even on the horizon).

Over and out!