Writers needed for IWD-in-EET mod

K4thos

@bob_veng: Yeah I actually tried to keep all npc comments agnostic to anything outside of the immediate dialogue or story situation they were in within IWD. I don't think that there will be any contradictions within the text that might go against what the player is doing in the story outside of the IWD, HOW, or TotLM.

Also update report: I've finally finished with all HoW (+TotLM) interjections. The total line count is now 1559 individual interjections among the cast of 42 possible npcs that could be along for the ride. So now it's time to start putting it together into code so I can have it ready for the mod. I tried to keep the scope of the types of interjections I was doing very limited and alike to each other so it shouldn't be too hard. Anyways, should be able to expect that soonish.

The total line count is now 1559 individual interjections among the cast of 42 possible npcs that could be along for the ride.

Sounds like a lot fo work.

I would offer my help but im devoid of any writing talent even in my first language.

Thank you for doing this, keep it up!

The total line count is now 1559 individual interjections among the cast of 42 possible npcs that could be along for the ride.

Sounds like a lot fo work.

I would offer my help but im devoid of any writing talent even in my first language.

Thank you for doing this, keep it up!

Indeed, sounds like a hell of a work. I would have never imagined so much dialogue content to be produced for this mod. Thank you for awesome job :worship:

I'm just putting the finishing touches on all IWD/HOW dialogues. I edited down the total number of interjections from my original script and included more back and forth npc banter during the interjections so there's now a a total of about 1400 individual interjections that I'm mostly really happy with. :cool:

I've done some small bit of writing (mostly brainstorming) on possible Targos interjections. Should that be incorporated into the rest of them or is that a different thing entirely?

Edited by AWizardDidIt

since the IWD:EE content is already playable and IWD2 content is behind the curve, also considering the full focus is now on EET changes related to patch 2.0 and surrounding events, it's better to keep those IWD2 interjections separate for now. Feel free to write something for Targos but the implementation in game needs to wait for now.

I'm just putting the finishing touches on all IWD/HOW dialogues. I edited down the total number of interjections from my original script and included more back and forth npc banter during the interjections so there's now a a total of about 1400 individual interjections that I'm mostly really happy with. :cool:

I've done some small bit of writing (mostly brainstorming) on possible Targos interjections. Should that be incorporated into the rest of them or is that a different thing entirely?

Wow <PRO_DUDEDUDETTE>! Awesome work!

since the IWD:EE content is already playable and IWD2 content is behind the curve, also considering the full focus is now on EET changes related to patch 2.0 and surrounding events, it's better to keep those IWD2 interjections separate for now. Feel free to write something for Targos but the implementation in game needs to wait for now.

Got it. Keeping separate.

AWizardDidIt could you share some sample interjections here, so we could take a look what you've cooked up for us? :jump:

Sure! Here's some of the more funny ones picked at random (they aren't all comical, but I thought these would be more fun to read :D )

Murdaug: It *is* real! After all these years... at last I have found a Glacier Rose! Now I can return to Auckney and marry my true love, the Princess. Thank you, my friends. I am, and forever shall be, in your debt.

Khalid: We w-wish you the best! Love is a s-splendorous thing. T-treasure every moment.

Jaheira: Khalid, do not forget you have promised to rub my feet when we retire for the night.

Khalid: Y-yes… treasure every… single… m-moment...

Tiernon: Damnable metal... wail curses at *me*, will ye?! I'll fix ye! Not me fault yer master was a thrice-damned fool, not me fault he died... now, hold still, damn blade...,

Minsc: Boo, why does the old dwarf speak to the sword like he does? Does he not know that it cannot understand him?

Baeloth: By all the unholy gods, how much do you people walk? All day and then all night it just never ends! Can’t we just enslave the next group of orcs we come across and have them carry us around on thrones for a change? I’m not asking for much here, these are basic needs people!

Brother Ferg: Yes, on numerous occasions. It is not really much of a coincidence... considering that we are twins.

Jan: You know I had a twin once. Went by Naj Jansen he did. We looked the same in every way but were opposite in every other. I became a salesman, he worked charity. I liked tinkering and inventing, he was an artist. I had an appreciation of fine root based vegetables, and he had a hankering for collard greens. I had the clever wit and charm… and well he had neither of those things. Anyways, the day came where our mother only had love for one of us you see, so we had to compete in a number of activities, with the loser of the majority of them exiled to the Stormy Peaks of Yoh to be raised (or more likely devoured) by wandering griffins. Ah, it was in the game of Truth telling where I finally gained the upper hand. You see, just as I am quite allergic to lies, so was Naj unable to tell a truth without coming down with a severe rash. And so we set him off with little more than a bag of broccoli and spinach to live off of. Never saw him again *sniff* Sometimes I really miss that darn shapeshifter. Oh, I did mention he was a doppelganger right?

Edited by AWizardDidIt

Heh sure. If you're a fan of Imoen then good news I guess. She has by far the most written interjections at like 65 or something.

Angaar: He called forth the tribes and laid his claims before us. Our shaman questioned him at length and agreed he knew the life of Jerrod well... How would he know if he were not Jerrod?

Imoen: Maybe if they read a book? Ya ever see a book before? Bits'a paper strung together that magically let ya know stuff that happened in the past. They’re pretty neat.

Angaar: Cease your mocking this instant!
Imoen: Ok fine, but only 'cause ya asked politely.

Ogre: That fix head? I give thanks. I go make head better now

Viconia: Brilliant. You’ve helped a poor ogre come to his senses. Surely now he won’t resume his routine of crushing hapless innocent travelers under his club. Yes, what a noble thing you’ve done today waeles.
Edited by AWizardDidIt