Baldur1 Dialogues for Continuos Characters

Roxanne

I had Neera and Rasaad in my company for a time. I kicked them out to recruit some more interesting companions for a while. I took them back into the company and the revised EET script worked as follows:

- override script is set correctly to the BG1 script Neera_ and Rasaad_.bcs respectively

- joined dialogue file however in both cases is Multig.dlg

damn, never ending pdialog.2da workaround problem. I'm seriously starting to doubt if this was such a good idea to implement it. Please upload your save. I will try to reproduce it. It probably will happen for other NPCs too if this happened to them. Thanks for report.

Are you sure it's the correct save? Party is located in Nashkel, it has Rasaad inside the party already with correct dialogue file assigned and when I came back to Friendly Arms Inn to recruit Neera she has also greeted me with correct dialogue. Spent some time trying to break it without success for now. Hopefully I will be able to reproduce it.

Are you sure it's the correct save? Party is located in Nashkel, it has Rasaad inside the party already with correct dialogue file assigned and when I came back to Friendly Arms Inn to recruit Neera she has also greeted me with correct dialogue. Spent some time trying to break it without success for now. Hopefully I will be able to reproduce it.

The party is in Nashkel after one of many revisits - this is after Cloakwood mines and after DSotSC episodes.

Anyway - I am just now doing a complete new install from the fresh page on this forum and restart the game as soon as that finishes (manual install is taking its time,)

So all my further reports are based on an up-to-date installation from now on.

Imoen at Candlekeep has wrong dialogue

Just started a brandnew installation according to this forum's guide.

Imoen at Candlekeep (Imoen,cre) in BG2600 has dialogue Imoen2_,dlg assigned but should have Imoen.dlg

She starts with her joining dialogue after Gorion's death.

Imoen at Candlekeep (Imoen,cre) in BG2600 has dialogue Imoen2_,dlg assigned but should have Imoen.dlg

And ? Cause I am quite sure that that's not the same .cre... see the area is not the same, so the .cre should be different and you'll never return to the start Candlekeep, but to the one that has the idiots already inside, at later chapters. See Imoen doesn't join you until you have already left the Candlekeep and Gorion is dead.

It could be that this is part of the same error that was already reported, that Imoen has 12 INT. ... Cause she should have and will always have 17 at the start.

And ? Cause I am quite sure that that's not the same .cre... see the area is not the same, so the .cre should be different and you'll never return to the start Candlekeep, but to the one that has the idiots already inside, at later chapters. See Imoen doesn't join you until you have already left the Candlekeep and Gorion is dead.

It could be that this is part of the same error that was already reported, that Imoen has 12 INT. ... Cause she should have and will always have 17 at the start.

This is EET - game just started - starting area for a new game is BG2600 - Gorion is waiting at the stairs for the adventure to start - Imoen.cre intercepts you - the dialogue of Imoen.dlg is supposed to come, instead she has the Imoen2_,dlg and tries to join. Everything here is as it should be except the wrong assignent of the dialogue. And Imoen.cre's stats are completely irrelevant because this Imoen will never join you.

indeed it is related, but it's actually me being silly that caused it in the recent update :p In order to resolve the problem with BG2 Tweaks you've mentioned (the component that uses lowest XP cre file to update other ones) I've copied IMOEN1.CRE into IMOEN.CRE, to give prologue Imoen exactly the same XP, stats, proficiency, thieving skills as level 1 Imoen. Didn't notice different dialogue name.

Simply open IMOEN.CRE in Near Infinity, set her dialog to IMOEN.DLG and start new game. I will fix it right away on GitHub. Thanks for report.

Next issue - imoen again

I am out of Candlekeep and Imoen joins. everything is correct. She starts some banter when we find Gorion, everything is correct.

She has Imoen_.bcs DPlayer2.bcs and Imoen2_.dlg assigned (appears to be correct).

I have saved the game and left it for a while.

I reload the game and Imoen starts to issue garbage.

Looking in NI she now has Multig.dlg assigned, obviously caused by the reload.

I have a save from before and after the reload if that is of interest.

I am wondering about this code in DPlayer2

Global("K#PDIALOG","LOCALS",0) Global is 1 = Trigger False
GlobalLT("ENDOFBG2","GLOBAL",2)

!InParty(Myself)
NumInParty(6)

etc

For the dialogue setting

If after a reload I do SetGlobal("K#PDIALOG","LOCALS",0) on Imoen, it is correcting the dialogue.

Not sure if this is introduced by EET continuous characters or if it is design of original EE

Quayle in BG4900 (Nashkel Carneval) in his intial talk only provides options to take him into the party (forces himself onto you unless you immediately remove him again.

Reason to report is that his cre file here is Quayle_.cre in Baldur.gam (saying he is in BG4900)

Archived