Baldur1 Dialogues for Continuos Characters

Roxanne

yep, correct. Same files as in vanilla BG2:EE. Even with the implementation that merges all PDIALOG dialogue files you should still modify vanilla files and not merged ones, since the merging takes place at the very end, after your mod is installed. So IMOENJ.dlg and IMOENP.dlg for Irenicus Dungeon Imoen.

I've reread your post and noticed that you're talking about Spellhold Imoen. At that point she should use her normal IMOEN2 files. Sounds like the K#IMIMO2.BCS script has not been attached to her override slot during Waukeen Promenade cutscene, if she still have IMOEN.BCS override script. This code from CUT01.BCS is responsible for adding it:

ActionOverride("Imoen2",MoveGlobal("AR1512",Myself,[1857.1520]))
    ActionOverride("Imoen2",Face(SW))
    ActionOverride("Imoen2",ChangeAIScript("K#IMIMO2",OVERRIDE))

it worked the last time I've tested it. Please check following things:

- did she had K#IMIMO2.BCS attached as Oveeride script in any save before you entered Spellhold?

- does the CUT01.BCS have the above mentioned code?

Do not worry - I just want to make sure that I use the correct files at this time - my transition from Irenicus dungeon was before you came up with the new code. I will just assign K#Immo2.bcs to the save before I meet her and all should be fine.

Thanks

PS - did as described above and everything works fine.

Just to confirm that this is known and fixed in (upcoming) EET version:

I am currently testing my NPC's extensions for SoD with v2.0 (obviously no EET installed for this) - the old problem of joined.dlg being replaced by Multi.dlg on game load and after transportation cutscenes re-appears for my NPC. I am working around this at the moment with setting the dialogue OnCreation() in her bcs correctly.

Just wanted to make sure that this will not be the case once EET comes out (or let me know if I need to code something extra for it to work.)

this won't be the case in the updated version (it's also no longer a case in what currently hangs on github although that implementation is outdated too). Nothing needs to be added to your override scripts.

Thanks.

It is only that I cannot use any EET with the v2.0 + SoD - so I will work around that at the moment and do a regression once I can integrate with upcoming EET.

PS - I very much support your approach to have SoD as part of EET. Once it is integrated and no longer an extension you need to import/export to, it will really enrich the continuos play of the game and fit perfectly in between BG1 and 2 and make Irenicus appearance less *forced*. (You may like or dislike the bean dog NPCs or side-quests or some dialogues etc) but the main plot of SoD is a valid addition to the overall trilogy.

PPS - Most comments on SoD i found so far were of course for SoD on BGEE v2.0 while SoD in EET will run on BG2EE, right? So a complete different issue altogether, and nobody has seen it yet (except EET developpers).

this won't be the case in the updated version (it's also no longer a case in what currently hangs on github although that implementation is outdated too). Nothing needs to be added to your override scripts.

Thanks.

It is only that I cannot use any EET with the v2.0 + SoD - so I will work around that at the moment and do a regression once I can integrate with upcoming EET.

PS - I very much support your approach to have SoD as part of EET. Once it is integrated and no longer an extension you need to import/export to, it will really enrich the continuos play of the game and fit perfectly in between BG1 and 2 and make Irenicus appearance less *forced*. (You may like or dislike the bean dog NPCs or side-quests or some dialogues etc) but the main plot of SoD is a valid addition to the overall trilogy.

PPS - Most comments on SoD i found so far were of course for SoD on BGEE v2.0 while SoD in EET will run on BG2EE, right? So a complete different issue altogether, and nobody has seen it yet (except EET developpers).

A question concerning the transitions from/to SoD with EET

I have finished my intial playthrough of SoD and integrated my mod NPC into the new chapters. (I really like SoD, especially the way it will bridge BG1 and BG2 once EET makes it one game - it really, really fits well, I look ahead to play those chapters again in the context of a full game and adding more mod contents to it - I only did one of multiple possible roads through the mod this time.).

So my questions

1. How will the final BG1 party be transferred into the initial SoD plot chasing the remaining Sarevok followers? (Do I need to do something if I want my NPC to follow PC into this episode?)

2. Will the SoD to BG2 transition be the one used currently in EET, just located at the final rest instead of Sarevok's death?

1. How will the final BG1 party be transferred into the initial SoD plot chasing the remaining Sarevok followers? (Do I need to do something if I want my NPC to follow PC into this episode?)

iwhole end party is moved to the prologue tomb, so no need to add anything. If you want your character to leave after moving to Ducal Palace bedroom than append code to BD0103.BCS

2. Will the SoD to BG2 transition be the one used currently in EET, just located at the final rest instead of Sarevok's death?

Yes, the K#TELBGT.BCS is still used but it isn't as bloated as before. Moving NPC to proper place is now done via destination BCS area script (area script that the NPC should show up in). Although it doesn't matter if you move your NPC via it if you already have this coded. If you don't add any code at all than your NPC will show up in Irenicus Dungeon cage.

iwhole end party is moved to the prologue tomb, so no need to add anything. If you want your character to leave after moving to Ducal Palace bedroom than append code to BD0103.BCS

Yes, the K#TELBGT.BCS is still used but it isn't as bloated as before. Moving NPC to proper place is now done via destination BCS area script (area script that the NPC should show up in). Although it doesn't matter if you move your NPC via it if you already have this coded. If you don't add any code at all than your NPC will show up in Irenicus Dungeon cage.

Thanks a lot - with that info I am sure I now have a continuos NPC for the new EET world just like intended. (Just started working on her IWD1 extension, as an optional addon).

I've checked it and this part is not true: "If you don't add any code at all than your NPC will show up in Irenicus Dungeon cage."

There is a code in K#TELBGT.BCS that uses DestroySelf() during transition on any party member that is not controlled by player. That action doesn't really destroy the reference, you can still bring it back to game via MoveGlobal. So modders don't need to add anything to K#TELBGT.BCS to be compatible with this system. Just add MoveGlobal in your BG2 destination area script (that's how migration is now done for vanilla NPCs) or EXTEND_TOP your transition to K#TELBGT.BCS if you want your BG1 NPC to show up in BG2.

I've checked it and this part is not true: "If you don't add any code at all than your NPC will show up in Irenicus Dungeon cage."

There is a code in K#TELBGT.BCS that uses DestroySelf() during transition on any party member that is not controlled by player. That action doesn't really destroy the reference, you can still bring it back to game via MoveGlobal. So modders don't need to add anything to K#TELBGT.BCS to be compatible with this system. Just add MoveGlobal in your BG2 destination area script (that's how migration is now done for vanilla NPCs) or EXTEND_TOP your transition to K#TELBGT.BCS if you want your BG1 NPC to show up in BG2.

I have tested my intended transition with my addition to your K#TELBGT.BCS and it does what it is supposed to do, both in the original Sarevok setup and in my variation where I moved the transition to Belt (like in old BGT) - so I am content that it will work just as well from the new SoD endpoint. I have moved the content I had between Sarevok + Belt (in BGT) to suitable locations/events in SoD - this makes her technical and storyline transition a logical thing. Of course I will do regression testing once EET is available but I cannot foresee problems with it.

So EET doesn't have any scripted cutscene or extra quest between BG1 and SoD like BGT had? After dealing last blow to Sarevok we are instantly moved to the tomb in SoD?

This makes complete sense - BGT had the scenes between BG1 and BG2 - now with EET we will have some more content with respect to Sarevok and his followers (you get his deathscene movie and then some more content to finish the plot) and then we will have all of SoD (with initial glimpses of someone - Irenicus - already lurking over the outcome) - where in the end the hero(ine) of Baldur's Gate leaves there, gets captured and finds him/herself in Amn. It all comes as one continuous story and there are also existing SoD cutscenes/movies that enhance the various transition steps.

The whole playthrough will be much more homegeneous than it ever was in BGT.

"(you get his deathscene movie and then some more content to finish the plot)"

So there is something? Like quest for returning to the palace where Belt ask you to hunt down last Sarevok followers. Then walk to the dungeon and SoD? I don't know how looks like SoD ending, so don't spoiler it please.

"(you get his deathscene movie and then some more content to finish the plot)"

So there is something? Like quest for returning to the palace where Belt ask you to hunt down last Sarevok followers. Then walk to the dungeon and SoD? I don't know how looks like SoD ending, so don't spoiler it please.

You misunderstood - instead of walking back to Belt you get this chase remaining followers after the Sarevok-goes-to-hell movie (which is a kind of clean-up for the BG1 plot) and then you are transferred to the palace where you are now hero and then SoD begins to emerge. The SoD end to BG2 is pretty smooth and logical - not like old BGT.

Archived