Jarno's "no casting time" mini-mod

Jarno Mikkola

Demi what is your opinion on the "all spells 1 or 0 casting speed" option? Its just an option, it wouldnt harm anyone who would choose to not install it? I want it so much or the mod similar to it.

It's too simple to code, but we don't really thing anyone would use that, so make a new .txt file in your game folder, use the Save As -command and save without the .txt extension, as "setup-Extrafastcasting.tp2".

And then copy this to it:

code removed...

There might be too many END's, didn't get to test any of this, but it's here anyways. This of course doesn't remove the fact that you need to wait for the whole turn to still be able to cast the next spell, but I already released a mod like that some time ago, and this is just a shorter version of that.

Ouh, and of course you need your installer, so copy the setup-spell_rev.exe and rename it as as hte "setup-Extrafastcasting.exe" and run that in the game folder, after you saved that and the edited .tp2 file.

Demi what is your opinion on the "all spells 1 or 0 casting speed" option? Its just an option, it wouldnt harm anyone who would choose to not install it? I want it so much or the mod similar to it.

It's too simple to code, but we don't really thing anyone would use that, so make a new .txt file in your game folder, use the Save As -command and save without the .txt extension, as "setup-Extrafastcasting.tp2".

And then copy this to it:

BACKUP ~Extrafastcasting/backup~
AUTHOR ~You, and The Imp~
VERSION ~v0.999x2~

BEGIN ~Faster Casting with just 1 second delay~
COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^.+\.spl$~ ~override~
PATCH_IF (SOURCE_SIZE > 0x71) THEN BEGIN		// protects against invalid files
    READ_LONG  0x64 "abil_off"
    READ_SHORT 0x68 "abil_num"
    READ_LONG  0x6a "fx_off"
    READ_SHORT 0x70 "fx_num"
        SET ~loops~ = 0
        WHILE (~loops~ < ~abil_num~) BEGIN
        WRITE_SHORT ~fx_off~ + 0x0c + ((~abil_num~) * 0x30)) 3           // Delayed
        WRITE_SHORT ~fx_off~ + 0x0e + ((~abil_num~) * 0x30)) 1           // Delay
      END
    END
  END
BUT_ONLY
There might be too many END's, didn't get to test any of this, but it's here anyways. This of course doesn't remove the fact that you need to wait for the whole turn to still be able to cast the next spell, but I already released a mod like that some time ago, and this is just a shorter version of that.

Ouh, and of course you need your installer, so copy the setup-spell_rev.exe and rename it as as hte "setup-Extrafastcasting.exe" and run that in the game folder, after you saved that and the edited .tp2 file.

Ill try that. Where is your mod btw? I should apply this mod after SR right? Every time i reinstall SR it resets the cast speed and this one fixes it back to 1.

Here s what it said :x

If you got the link to this mod share it pls.

post-5399-0-37089100-1453055015_thumb.jpg

Ill try that. Where is your mod btw?

It's duplicate is here. It sets the casting time to 3 to all spells, and removes the need to wait for casting. Or the need to cast the mage HLA to continue casting, as the added effect casts it on all the spells. :p

I should apply this mod after SR right? Every time i reinstall SR it resets the cast speed and this one fixes it back to 1.

Well, as close to the end of your install order as you wish the effect to apply to the spells.

Well it sets all the .spl files to casting time 1, instead of one turn (aka *10).

I miss typed something...

Ill try that. Where is your mod btw?

It's duplicate is here. It sets the casting time to 3 to all spells, and removes the need to wait for casting. Or the need to cast the mage HLA to continue casting, as the added effect casts it on all the spells. :p

I should apply this mod after SR right? Every time i reinstall SR it resets the cast speed and this one fixes it back to 1.

Well, as close to the end of your install order as you wish the effect to apply to the spells.

Well it sets all the .spl files to casting time 1, instead of one turn (aka *10).

I miss typed something...

If you can have some time to do it pls fix i would love to play with this mod. There ofc must be a full round between the castings. I just dislike spell interruptions during casting and want it gone. This ofc can cause troubme in conjunction with the IMP alacrity so i would like to be able to tweak the casting speed. 1 speed is ideal but to be balanced with imp alacrity it needs to be ~3 at least otherwise the spell machinegun is real :D

OK, totally wrong index... Wha-hahahahahaha.

BACKUP ~Extrafastcasting/backup~
AUTHOR ~You, and The Imp~
VERSION ~v0.999x3~

BEGIN ~Faster Casting with just 1 second delay~
COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^.+\.spl$~ ~override~
PATCH_IF (SOURCE_SIZE > 0x71) THEN BEGIN		// protects against invalid files
    READ_LONG  0x64 "abil_off"
    READ_SHORT 0x68 "abil_num"
    READ_LONG  0x6a "fx_off"
    READ_SHORT 0x70 "fx_num"
        SET ~loops~ = 0
        WHILE (~loops~ < ~abil_num~) BEGIN
        WRITE_SHORT ~fx_off~ + 0x12 + ((~abil_num~) * 0x30)) 3           // Delayed
        WRITE_SHORT ~fx_off~ + 0x14 + ((~abil_num~) * 0x30)) 1           // Delay
      END
    END
  END
BUT_ONLY

Good thing the index was this amount off, cause otherwise this would have freaked a lots of things were it off by any other amount.
Anyways the above code fixes it.. and again it probably has one END too many.

Archived