EET Tweaks bugs

Roxanne

The EET Tweaks Component *Add Priest of Tempus kit for Priests* which has not a very detailed description in the readme does unexpected modification on my fighter/cleric NPC Priestess of Mystra.

With this componet installed she is suddenly assigned kit OHTempus, Priest of Tempus automatically.

Is this correct?

If not a bug, it is at least completely unexpected.

I have checked by installing and uninstalling other candidate mods for this bug and I clearly identified this EET component as the source.

this component is added normally via ADD_KIT and fl#add_kit.tpa like any other kit mod released for EE engine. It doesn't patch any CRE files. If it has been assigned to your NPC than maybe your kit wasn't recognized by weidu. You probably forgot about something when adding it which makes it invisible, so it has been overwritten by the next installed kit (same would probably happen if you install any other kit mod).

Roxanne, you are assigning your priest kit totally/basically wrongly.. check the character custom kit tutorial ... aka, this problem comes from the fact that you have assigned a random custom kit that's available to set as any as your Priestess of Mystra, while the kits id is not the same in all versions of the game.

Aka, when you copy the character, you need to set this correctly:

COPY ~.cre~ ~override/.cre~      // Level 10 Delainy
  WRITE_BYTE  0x246 ~%C!WWBARD%~ // the internal name of your kit, surrounded by %

Roxanne, you are assigning your priest kit totally/basically wrongly.. check the character custom kit tutorial ... aka, this problem comes from the fact that you have assigned a random custom kit that's available to set as any as your Priestess of Mystra, while the kits id is not the same in all versions of the game.

WRITE_BYTE  0x246 ~%C!WWBARD%~ // the internal name of your kit, surrounded by %

this component is added normally via ADD_KIT and fl#add_kit.tpa like any other kit mod released for EE engine. It doesn't patch any CRE files. If it has been assigned to your NPC than maybe your kit wasn't recognized by weidu. You probably forgot about something when adding it which makes it invisible, so it has been overwritten by the next installed kit (same would probably happen if you install any other kit mod).

This is how it is done (no change from BGT) in my mod.

WRITE_SHORT 0x244 0

WRITE_SHORT 0x246 0x4000 + ~%CVMystra%~

I just changed the installation sequence - EET tweaks after my mod and it is ok then.

I noticed the updated version of EET Tweaks (I still have the initial one). I will repeat with the new version and see if anything changes.

Thanks for the moment.

This is how it is done (no change from BGT) in my mod.

WRITE_SHORT 0x244 0

WRITE_SHORT 0x246 0x4000 + ~%CVMystra%~

I just changed the installation sequence - EET tweaks after my mod and it is ok then.

I noticed the updated version of EET Tweaks (I still have the initial one). I will repeat with the new version and see if anything changes.

Thanks for the moment.

Repeated with the new version.

The mistake I made was to look at the effect in the savegames (where of course the kit reference had changed) not in the original cre files where everything is correct.

Sometimes there is a blockade in one's own circuits. Sorry.

Archived