Modding GUI (background colors, text colors, etc..) of BG2:EE via Near Infinity program

frostysh

Wow. Thanx.

I though that this things will be easier... I will try, but I have doubts that I can do it . This will take much more time that I tough...

Anyway I am stacking on modelling a 3d Human Skull with Blender :( too. This skull is need for my background image of in-game left and right panels.

Is someone have any idea where I can obtain good blender-3d human skull modeling tutorial (but not video tutorial because of my stupid connection...) ???

This R. and L. panels left for modifying in addition to the spells , but if I will realize how to make changes to multiple files by GIMP , spell' icons will be very fast modified.

Is anyone know how to apply same filter to multiple images by GIMP (i.e. to all of an images in the direct folder) ???

I think if not this mod, I walk-crossed over BG2:EE many time ago and forgot about it... :) .The Modding work taking much more time then actually playing.

Thanx for the answers, again .

For now I have something like this model of the human skull

mu_first_ed_creature_blend.jpg

But I need something like this one.

tutorial_skull.jpg

---------------edited-----------------

The hell this Blender is complicated... But it is useful in 3d modelling indeed.

After I spent some time for creating the skull I have got something like it.

mu_first_ed_creature_alpha_blend.jpg

First I thought to download an image of a human skull from the Internet and use it in background image via GIMP but when I realized how much a time I spent to 3d modelling and I decided to finish my work just for the justice! :p

The skull for a mod is ready. I crossed through that Blender nightmare! This Blender is a mad program indeed! At least now I am able to perform simple manipulations with 3d object in Blenders thanx to Lynda.com courses and that http://cgi.tutsplus.com/articles/sculpt-model-and-texture-a-low-poly-skull-in-blender--cg-7 Manual.

I sculpted out the shape of a skull but when I trying to paint a some textures my System is going down instantly :( .

php_QJyqc_X.jpg

Never-less I have the my own 3d digital skull and I will use it in my mod ^_^ .

What a file I need to modify to change the font colors of an in-game dialogues and the messages and the background of it (dialogue box) ? I have GUIW.CHU, GUIW08.CHU, GUIW09.CHU, GUIW10.CHU, GUIW12.CHU, GUIW13.CHU, GUIW16.CHU, GUIW19.CHU, GUIW20.CHU - the all of this files has some dialogue boxes. Is this files a different versions of in-game GUI???

Thanx for the answers

----edited----

Do I need to modify *.PVRZ files to change a backgrounds for inventory plot and so on? *.PVRZ files looks like a unwrapped textures.... So is the game using *.MOS or *.PVRZ to make plot backgrounds and dialogue box?

----edited----

So only the dialog box background image is left. I though I can modify the End chapter plots too, but I realized that this will be too much of spoilers for me :(.

I need to change a font color in dialogue box, through the *.CHU file, but in the NearInfinity I have many *.CHU file with dialogue boxes so which one of {GUIW.CHU, GUIW08.CHU, GUIW09.CHU, GUIW10.CHU, GUIW12.CHU, GUIW13.CHU, GUIW16.CHU, GUIW19.CHU, GUIW20.CHU} is that I need for???

Or I need to modify the all of them??? :(

Cam on! Is anybody know something about??? Because I want to play but I can not before I done the stupid mod! :mad:

May-day! May-day! I am drowning... :beholder:

----NEW----

OMFG! 16081 files has been exported this has took an eternity. NearInfinity is need for pattern extraction option . And history of search will be not bad too.

So I will modife the spell icons and then will be a first testing of my mod! I can not belive that... :mwaha:

IS ANYBODY KNOW how to modify multiple images with GIMP ???????

Modding the GUI is a very particular topic not many modders are experienced in. I can only suggest asking someone directly with more experience in it. For example, Pecca over at the Beamdog Forums has released a great GUI mod.

Ohhh... BG2:EE GUI in BG1:EE!? The all saint Spirit of the Machine rid me of it plea... :p Joke. But really I spent LOT of time to modify that BG2:EE gui , and I do not like Beamdog forums because it is looks more bad even their BG2:EE gui for myself opinion...

So , maybe this information will be useful for someone.

How to modify the BG2:EE spell icons

• First I install Unix-like system (the small distributive).
  • Then you need to transform *.bam files into *.png with NearInfinity---->Tools---->Mass Export...---->BAM. Because the stupid program (regardless of all it is own super-mega useful features and usability for me) has no "Export by name pattern" option, so you need to export ~ 16081 *.bam files to the large number of *.png files (in my case that was ~2501375 of a frikin` png files, I just wonder how the developer painted all of it....) . For my case that operation has took almost a full day. spwi101{...}-spwi925{...} this is a spell icons. It is belongs to the 3 kinds . The a - this is a spell book icons, the b - this is the quick panel icons, and the c - hell no idea what is that for
  • You will get a many folders that contain even more *.png files because the *.bam files is an animation that sometimes can not contain only one frame...Then I used
    cp --recursive $(ls | grep spwi | grep b) {...}/destination
    that is means a stupid machine gets a list of the folders then separate folders with a "spwi" pattern then from this separated take only folders with "b" letter and copy all of this stuff to the destination folder. The $() in Unix-like stuff means that some program using the final result from the program inside the ()
  • Then I copied all of *.png file to single folder by
    cp ./spwi[1-9]*b/*.png the_single_folder
    Where the dot . is alias for the folder where you "has been moved" by cd program. {1-9} = 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. So that program will copy all of png-files inside the directories that named spwi1....b - swpi9....b to the the_single_folder
  • So we have hundreds of the image-files in the single directory, but how we can modify it. GIMP was totally useless in my case. Salvation came from the ugly like a hell program - ImageMagick. This program has an uncountable amount of options, a scripts, a parameters and the other stuff for editing image files. I used something like that
    mogrify -monitor -normalize -sharpen 0.1x0.5 -sigmoidal-contrast 4x60% *.png
    I do not know what all of this programs means but after it the images looks more cool :p
So the question: How I can convert the hundreds of *.png to the *.BAM back again?

I can not believe in this but that modification was a last modification in my mod! So for now I need only to test my sheet of paper inside the game :happy: . Good.

The stupid issue is persist. I have ~ 400 edited *.png files, and I need to create a ~ 200 *.BAM files with a two "cycles" in each other. So I tried NearInfinity Bam Converter" but this seems to be hopeless , maybe some "console Java command" that can use NearInfinity Bam Converter multiple times will solve the problem???

Are you using WinRAR to open the file, and how old is it ?

I using the "Archive Manager" from Gnome Linux context menu. And this manager said that archive is corrupted (this is was corrupted indeed because some attempts to download it was failed because of my connection...), but now it seems to downloaded properly so maybe I need use different program to open it?

Yeah... there's a program called unrar... and probably others tooo.

The link is broken, at least for me .

This request has been denied for security reasons. If you believe this was in error, please contact support.
I have already installed unar program, but still I got something like this

>unar "BAMWorkshop v1110.rar"
BAMWorkshop v1110.rar: Couldn't recognize the archive format.
>
And what a monster will be transform the data into archive for using on linux that linux can not open by default?! This is ridiculous!

Link to a .zip archive I just made out of the .rar's content...

Cannot download , I tried to turn on that 'java script' but then my browser window was permanently freeze :?. This is a curse for sure... someone cursed me indeed. :mad:

Archived