Modding GUI (background colors, text colors, etc..) of BG2:EE via Near Infinity program

frostysh

K, I uploaded the archive to the last post via edit.

unar and unrar are two different commands btw, even though both are for archives.

Yeah, that's very ... confusing fact for many I would expect. I have never heard of it on PC side, so... and assumed that as a typo. :lol:

Is there any particular site to upload files you would like me to upload the file to ?

Thanx a lot! At last I have downloaded this stuff! The only some frikin' ~12 minutes per 1,04 Mb this a new triumph of my connection...

I do not know where I can download a files uploaded by you, but at least it is must be without lot of pictures and java/flash because my connection is just going comma when trying to displaying this stuff...

---edit---

So I have *.exe files and source directory :) , Wow it is an amazing... So I can not execute it because it is for Windows OS, and I can not to install it because this PC have no cmake program. Good... :/

unar and unrar are two different commands btw, even though both are for archives.

This stupid linux make feel like a fool :D

---edit---

Is there somebody knows how to transform the *.ahk files into something that I can execute? :)

The first beta test is done for my mod! Unbelievable but seems to all things is work as should work (I mean modified). I was SO HAPPY that forgot to the make screenshots :(.

The ISSUES:

1. Transparency of the dialogue-box: I tried DXT1-packing, DXT5-packing, MOS V1, MOS V2, all is hopeless. The transparency is ZERO or FULL :(. Is there any advices?
  2. I need to make little bit smaller the TextAreas of dialogue boxes (1-2 pixels), in which file and which parameter I need to change for it?
  3. The BAM-Workshop is almost useless for me. Even the stupid NearInfinity is a MUCH more better :p. I have ~400 PNG's and I need a ~200 BAM's is there any ideas except a manual 'hand-by' conversion with NearInfinity ?

Thanx for the answers.

Sorry for multiplying posts! But I have almost finished my mod , and stacked with an issue that I googled that I have searched on this forum too and have no any success in solving it yet

9005069.jpg

This is an image of GUWBTP30.MOS (dialogue box) from my mod beta-test, I supposed that this must be a cool-like clouds of a fog, but without transparency it is looks like a sheet of paper :D

I need to change the color of dialogues in game, and changing the transparency level of dialogue box will great too.

I tried to

java -jar NearInfinity.jar
Then CHU GUIW10.CHU Panel 5 (GUWBTP30.MOS background on the picture above) Text Area

But changing the font or the color of the font HAVE NO EFFECT in the game, only changing SIZE and/or coordinates can do some affect in the game.

So what a hell?

P.S. How to resize the images in my posts with your forum BB Codes???

Archived