Help a noob browsing the dialogue files?

annaturaldisaster

Everyone who reads my mods (d files or tra files or whatever) for their entertainment is very welcome to do so, and I am happy to read and accept any suggestions and typo reports they might make in the process. You can enjoy the work in numerous possible ways, and honestly, I'd rather not limit anyone's enjoyment.

(actually, Branwen NPC is made with the sole purpose of being read as a tutorial, hehe)

Anyway, yeah, NI uses response numbers, state numbers, strref numbers, color code (which is stressful, yeah, I prefer plain black, red creeps me out), not to mention Java interface which... let's say, limits my enjoyment quite a lot.

I am new to modding that Infinity Engine games.

My opinion is the Near Infinity is a super cool tool! Maybe it is a virus but I can start it on Unix-like system! Only one bad thing that I saw in Near Infinity that after an error message your selected file will be unselected :(

Bug reports, suggestions and any other kind of feedback is always welcome to help improving Near Infinity, preferrably in their respective threads (either here or there).

@Kulyok: NI is very customizable. If the default Java GUI is not to your liking you can easily switch to another one. NI offers at least four different GUI versions on every supported operating system, which always includes one or more native-looking GUIs as well. Strrefs can be disabled as well (afair they are disabled by default). Both options can be found in the "Options" menu.

Everyone who reads my mods (d files or tra files or whatever) for their entertainment is very welcome to do so, and I am happy to read and accept any suggestions and typo reports they might make in the process. You can enjoy the work in numerous possible ways, and honestly, I'd rather not limit anyone's enjoyment.

(actually, Branwen NPC is made with the sole purpose of being read as a tutorial, hehe)

Anyway, yeah, NI uses response numbers, state numbers, strref numbers, color code (which is stressful, yeah, I prefer plain black, red creeps me out), not to mention Java interface which... let's say, limits my enjoyment quite a lot.

Thank you a lot, also congrats on the Xan mods. :love::love::love: I think I'll give Infinity Explorer a try. Someone else told me NI would be too hard for a non-initiated to use. By the way, I'm doing this out of sheer curiosity. I know dialogue files are not supposed to be read as a book, and that's not my intention. It's just to save a little time.

Archived