So David Gaider is in Beamdog now?

Kulyok

20 hours ago, theacefes said:

Ahhh, ok. I'm personally not a big strategy gamer myself so apologies for forgetting an entire genre lol. :D

It must be a sad day, when you find out that you have been maintaining a moding site of a strategy game yourself. See, the Baldur's Gate games are one. 😋 -you have failed your city.

You can play MOM also in your browser as a free game. Not that the Casters of Magic can be played with it, you can't.

And yes, the tactical mini-combat scenarios were the defining feature of the game. So much so that the Age of Wonders series of game could be said to have copied it.

18 hours ago, Leeux said:

I and still launch it from time to time when I'm in the mood of getting my ass kicked by the AI 😛

What ever could you mean ? You just pick up Myrran and Warlord, and your Dark Elves spearmen will devastate everything until you get your Warlocks up... all the while you have scouted the nearby area for a Dragonian town to conquer, so you can then fry the map using their Doom Drakes, with Fang. Until you get your Torin or Mortu, and then you (kinda) won.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola
On 1/25/2020 at 11:46 AM, Jarno Mikkola said:

What ever could you mean ? You just pick up Myrran and Warlord, and your Dark Elves spearmen will devastate everything until you get your Warlocks up...

I used to play the game in the early '90 (I had it on floppy disks at that time, like 10 of them!) and I don't even know which version it was!

In that version I could pretty much go against as many opponents I wanted and could beat them in Hard or Insane (I don't recall now...) but the new version that you get from GOG it has been patched up to the last patch and that means it has been rebalanced a lot, so many of the old tricks I remember don't work anymore... and many units I used to rely on were nerfed and bonuses changed.

So, yeah... I never got into it seriously again... it'd probably require some time of getting used to and figure it out the new tricks... and I'm too old (and I have too few spare time) for that now! 😛