Feedback request: Icons

Ulb

new snow coloring looks much better :thumbsup: Dragon's Eye and Dorn's Deep changes are awesome. Kuldahar icon - decent.

some more feedback:

AR5000 (Severed Hand) upper boarder is a straight horizontal line which makes it looks like the upper right corner is not finished to me.

-----

Before you start making animations please keep in mind that the red shading should have a particular amount of frames. Some icons that you've made in this topic (other than Ulgoth's Beard and the DSotSC tower) have less frames compared to vanilla ones which makes thier animation to fast compared to tutu and BG2 icons. If some of them are meant to be used twice (in different places of the animation) please name them accordingly. You can see the problem with these icons if you place this BAM file in your Override directory and assign anim 112, 113 or 114 to any area on the worldmap via Near Infinity.

Glad you like the snow.

I'm not completely satisfied with Kuldahar either, has a little too much of a Medusa look to it. I'll see how it looks with a few less branches.

I'll take another look at ar5000 and see what can be done but no promises.

Before you start making animations please keep in mind that the red shading should have a particular amount of frames. Some icons that you've made in this topic (other than Ulgoth's Beard and the DSotSC tower) have less frames compared to vanilla ones which makes thier animation to fast compared to tutu and BG2 icons. If some of them are meant to be used twice (in different places of the animation) please name them accordingly. You can see the problem with these icons if you place this BAM file in your Override directory and assign anim 112, 113 or 114 to any area on the worldmap via Near Infinity.

I figured you would just loop them as needed since the number of red frames seems to vary even for icons from one specific set (BG2/TuTu/ToB) and you didn't give any specifics.

The color difference between individual frames isn't that high, so I think about 4 to 5 frames should be enough to cover the whole range. If you tell me how many frames you want I can loop them and name them accordingly.

If you would like a particular naming pattern for the icons, let me know.

Also, have you decided how you want to handle the Targos icons?

Personally, I'm not sure if only using one world map icon is the best way to go about it. Would you still be able to access the world map from the two none-icon areas or would you have to travel back to the starting area first?

In any case, let me know once you have decided so I can either color adjust the three existing icons or maybe come up with a better unified one.

Also, have you decided how you want to handle the Targos icons?

Personally, I'm not sure if only using one world map icon is the best way to go about it. Would you still be able to access the world map from the two none-icon areas or would you have to travel back to the starting area first?

In any case, let me know once you have decided so I can either color adjust the three existing icons or maybe come up with a better unified one.

Personally I would like to see the IwD 2 adventure be somewhat introductory to the area ahead... so if it were an additional adventure ... there would be a ship captain either in one or both the Baldur's Gate and in BG2 city dock, s/he would offer you a ride to the Targos(dock).

Now because the adventure starts this way, there shouldn't be a proper way to go back or escape to the world map until you eliminate the goblin siege, and you can escape from the towns gate to the areas above(North), or sale back to where you came from. Keeping the essential primary story element of the original game.

And this removes the need for the smaller icons, and the primary one could be just the BalTargos Gate. But that's just my vision.

Not directly related maybe, but anyway

The *North Forest* appears twice on the worldmap in EET (I am using BP-BGT worldmap in EET) once for BG2 (ar1800) and once for ToB (ar6400). They use different icons but same name.

Archived