[Testers Wanted] Tweaks is dead. Long live Tweaks!

Beta 3 is up with some fixes and a handful of new components; see the top post in the thread. I also added a few images to the Tweaks gallery (unique containers, IWD load screens, character colors) to get it up to speed as well.

On vanilla BG1, "Make Magic Shields Glow" now fails with an out-of-bounds read on the file "mpalette.bmp", apparently in BG1 this is only a 4376-byte file and the mod tries to read byte 9248. On vanilla IWD1 it fails too, but with a different error, it says "cannot convert cdcolors_-1 or %cdcolors_-1% to an integer" when copying "lyre.itm". Sorry, no hot fix yet, I currently don't have a clue how this one actually works. :-) If you need the install logs, let me know.

Also a question/request regarding "Move NPCs from Baldur's Gate", does this component take into account the similar component "NPC starting locations" from Sword Coast Stratagems (which also moves Viconia and Shar-Teel)? And if not, could it be made to, or at least get skipped if the SCS version is already installed? The SCS version can be detected by the presence of the file "dw#npc_start_loc.mrk" in the override dir.

Edited by Angel

Cheers. Taking a look, I believe this should be easy to fix.

I wrote code to check for the presence of the extended palette for one of my (unreleased) mods. Feel free to use it or build on it, unless you have already something better :)

DEFINE_ACTION_MACRO er_palm BEGIN
  OUTER_SET er_pal1 = 0
  OUTER_SET er_pal2 = 0
  ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~MPALETTE.BMP~ BEGIN
    COPY_EXISTING ~MPALETTE.BMP~ ~override~
      PATCH_IF (SOURCE_SIZE > 0x2437) BEGIN
        SET er_pal1 = 1
      END
    BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES
  END
  ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~MPAL256.BMP~ BEGIN
    COPY_EXISTING ~MPAL256.BMP~ ~override~
      PATCH_IF (SOURCE_SIZE > 0x30037) BEGIN
        SET er_pal2 = 1
      END
    BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES
  END
  OUTER_SET er_pal = %er_pal1% && %er_pal2%
END

The macro returns er_pal which is 1 if the extended palette is present and 0 otherwise.

Edited by Erg

Thanks, I have it fixed already, I just haven't bothered to commit yet. You can actually read the numbers of colors available directly from mpalette.bmp, in case a future Two Pixels Production mod introduces a palette with some alternate value.

Do you still take tweak requests?

I would love a "Convenience Tweak and/or Cheat" that enables stores to buy all item types. Just one small example, but it would be super convenient if The Friendly Arm Inn bought books (and ammunition)... I realize it doesn't make much sense for a potions shop to buy Plate Mail, but it sure would be convenient :) .

I'm always taking requests.

Do you still take tweak requests?

I would love a "Convenience Tweak and/or Cheat" that enables stores to buy all item types. Just one small example, but it would be super convenient if The Friendly Arm Inn bought books (and ammunition)... I realize it doesn't make much sense for a potions shop to buy Plate Mail, but it sure would be convenient :) .

I think this should be easy enough, yeah.

The documentation for Unique Containers claims to be installable on BGEE, but the code for the component is missing that entry:

REQUIRE_PREDICATE GAME_IS ~soa tob bg2ee eet bgt tutu tutu_totsc how totlm iwdee iwd_in_bg2~

This is true for all 3 sub-components.

The documentation for Unique Containers claims to be installable on BGEE, but the code for the component is missing that entry:

REQUIRE_PREDICATE GAME_IS ~soa tob bg2ee eet bgt tutu tutu_totsc how totlm iwdee iwd_in_bg2~

The thing is, the BG1EE itself doesn't have multiple containers. At least last time I checked it. I didn't see one that I didn't cheat in. :devlook:

Cheers, will get it fixed.

The thing is, the BG1EE itself doesn't have multiple containers. At least last time I checked it. I didn't see one that I didn't cheat in. :devlook:

There are multiple gem bags, plus Miloch designed it to cover the umpteen bags that can be added by mods (including Tweaks' own component).

/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\
/////                                                  \\\\\
///// Bonus Merchants                                  \\\\\
/////                                                  \\\\\

BEGIN @117000 DESIGNATED 1170
GROUP @13
REQUIRE_PREDICATE GAME_IS ~soa tob bgt~ @25

Redme says:

Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash, Weimer)

BG2EE, EET, BG2, BGT

so REQUIRE_PREDICATE GAME_IS ~bg2ee eet soa tob bgt~ @25

EDIT: and in case you missed: According to the following thread, the ToB style Leveling may be obsolete for EE 2.0 and higher: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/49007/level-1-npc

Edited by ALIENQuake

Installing [...magical item weight set to 0] [beta 3]

Copying and patching 5113 files ...
ERROR: illegal 2-byte read from offset 61562 of 506-byte file CDPP26.ITM
ERROR: [CDPP26.ITM] -> [override/CDPP26.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("CDPP26.ITM: read out of bounds"))
Stopping installation because of error.
ERROR Installing [Zmien wage magicznie stworzonych broni do zera], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 0 files for [CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2] component 2220.
Uninstalled 0 files for [CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2] component 2220.
ERROR: Failure("CDPP26.ITM: read out of bounds")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-CDTWEAKS.DEBUG to pcamagna@yahoo.com

Re-post "stolen" from SHSforums:

I have a similar problem like the other user on the last page of the thread. I wanted to install the "recommended version" but the program keeps telling me it could not install the mod "sword coast stratagems" and "tweaks anthology" because some error

ERROR: illegal 2-byte read from offset 61562 of 506-byte file CDPP26.ITM

ERROR: [CDPP26.ITM] -> [override/CDPP26.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("CDPP26.ITM: read out of bounds"))

ERROR: Failure("CDPP26.ITM: read out of bounds")

Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight (Tweaks Anthology (pre-release)) was not installed due to errors.

If I delete the file in the override folder, another error pops up with "CDPP29.ITM" and so on. And if I wanted to install sword coast stratagems anyway, it won't do it because the missing mod of the tweaks anthology.

I am doing something wrong?

It being related partially to the ALIENQuake's post...

Could you CamDawn make a small file size check on the original items during the duplication process ? And nope, I am not saying that it should abort the install, but make a special easy to read report of what's going on when the file size of the item doesn't match with the files own markers, aka the counts from the bytes 0x0064-71 or what ever don't cover the whole files length.