[Testers Wanted] Tweaks is dead. Long live Tweaks!

Since BG2 EE 2.0 patch, some components don't work (or at least refuse to install), including bottomless Bags of Holding, ToB-like NPCs, and some other stuff - I don't remember everything, but got the DEBUG file, if you'd like me to post or upload it somewhere?

Hm, yeah, I think I noticed that in first BG EE (which also runs on 2.0 as far as I know?). That's only one part though, as I've said, I can't recall everything that didn't install, but got the Debug file I could post or upload somewhere.

(though I also didn't try everything, as some things I just didn't want)

Beta 3 is up with some fixes and a handful of new components; see the top post in the thread. I also added a few images to the Tweaks gallery (unique containers, IWD load screens, character colors) to get it up to speed as well.

On vanilla BG1, "Make Magic Shields Glow" now fails with an out-of-bounds read on the file "mpalette.bmp", apparently in BG1 this is only a 4376-byte file and the mod tries to read byte 9248. On vanilla IWD1 it fails too, but with a different error, it says "cannot convert cdcolors_-1 or %cdcolors_-1% to an integer" when copying "lyre.itm". Sorry, no hot fix yet, I currently don't have a clue how this one actually works. :-) If you need the install logs, let me know.

Also a question/request regarding "Move NPCs from Baldur's Gate", does this component take into account the similar component "NPC starting locations" from Sword Coast Stratagems (which also moves Viconia and Shar-Teel)? And if not, could it be made to, or at least get skipped if the SCS version is already installed? The SCS version can be detected by the presence of the file "dw#npc_start_loc.mrk" in the override dir.

Make Magic Shields Glow had two bugs, both fixed. Also added the mutual-exclusive bits with SCS' Move BG NPCs component.

Do you still take tweak requests?

I would love a "Convenience Tweak and/or Cheat" that enables stores to buy all item types. Just one small example, but it would be super convenient if The Friendly Arm Inn bought books (and ammunition)... I realize it doesn't make much sense for a potions shop to buy Plate Mail, but it sure would be convenient :) .

...and done. Took longer than expected; all of the IE variants use an item type list that's juuuust different enough to annoy me.

The documentation for Unique Containers claims to be installable on BGEE, but the code for the component is missing that entry:

REQUIRE_PREDICATE GAME_IS ~soa tob bg2ee eet bgt tutu tutu_totsc how totlm iwdee iwd_in_bg2~
This is true for all 3 sub-components.

Fixed.

/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\
/////                                                  \\\\\
///// Bonus Merchants                                  \\\\\
/////                                                  \\\\\

BEGIN @117000 DESIGNATED 1170
GROUP @13
REQUIRE_PREDICATE GAME_IS ~soa tob bgt~ @25
Redme says:

Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash, Weimer)

BG2EE, EET, BG2, BGT

so REQUIRE_PREDICATE GAME_IS ~bg2ee eet soa tob bgt~ @25

EDIT: and in case you missed: According to the following thread, the ToB style Leveling may be obsolete for EE 2.0 and higher: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/49007/level-1-npc

You don't need TOB-style NPCs in EE 2.0, the game actually does that by default now.

Should probably be disabled now...

For bonus merchants, the readme is wrong--BG2EE ships with them enabled so there's no need for this. As for ToB-style NPCs, it will remain enabled for EEs so it can catch mod NPCs--this is why it's available for IWDEE despite that game having no NPCs by default..

Installing [...magical item weight set to 0] [beta 3]

Copying and patching 5113 files ...

ERROR: illegal 2-byte read from offset 61562 of 506-byte file CDPP26.ITM

ERROR: [CDPP26.ITM] -> [override/CDPP26.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("CDPP26.ITM: read out of bounds"))

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Zmien wage magicznie stworzonych broni do zera], rolling back to previous state

Will uninstall 0 files for [CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2] component 2220.

Uninstalled 0 files for [CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2] component 2220.

ERROR: Failure("CDPP26.ITM: read out of bounds")

PLEASE email the file SETUP-CDTWEAKS.DEBUG to pcamagna@yahoo.com

debug https://paste.ee/r/iIizv

Could you email me dw#melri.itm from your install?

Since BG2 EE 2.0 patch, some components don't work (or at least refuse to install), including bottomless Bags of Holding, ToB-like NPCs, and some other stuff - I don't remember everything, but got the DEBUG file, if you'd like me to post or upload it somewhere?

I'll update and check against the new patch, but a DEBUG would be helpful.

I'll update and check against the new patch, but a DEBUG would be helpful.

All right, I've uploaded it to http://www.filedropper.com/setup-bg2tweaks

(no idea how long will it last there, if the link won't work, let me know and I'll reupload it or figure something else out)

BTW, since some things seem to be fixed already, do I need to remove and fresh install the mod, or is just running it again to install the parts that didn't work (or new parts, like shops buying everything in BG1) fine?

Hmm. The first error in the DEBUG file is an error I've never seen before. It's reporting a mismatch between the key and biff files, which is unusual to say the least. Is this, by any chance, a Siege of Dragonspear game on GOG or Steam?

It looks like Sensible Entrance Points doesn't work correctly on BGT. The logs don't show any errors, yet none of the BG1 maps have their entrance points changed at all - The alteration to the Radiant Heart in BG2 is fine, though.

I also think BGT changes some of them anyway; The fishing village north of the FAI and zombie farm are already changed, and for some reason I always end up getting the east entrance point for the lighthouse and shipwreck maps, no matter what I do. The only thing left is the Beregost-Smithy entrance point, which clearly doesn't work.

Edited by eirich

Running Beta 3.

Some of the weapon descriptions and names are now random lines, sometimes dialogue.

I'm also running:

"Convenient Ammunition" I could see this as the possible culprit, it adds a few items. (incompatible with Alter Weapon Proficiency System component?)

"BP Series" I don't think it changes any items, but it hasn't been updated since 2014 so it could be this I guess.

I loaded the tweaks last.

My game is still playable, I just have to look up descriptions from google if I'm not sure what something does.

Hopefully this is useful to you.

Running Beta 3.

Some of the weapon descriptions and names are now random lines, sometimes dialogue.

Is this in a Enhanced Edition game that also has the Siege of the Dragon-thing ? spear... from either Steam or GoG :p

If so, you need to take an extra step and install a mod that unifies the two games resources and then you can modify them as a combination. Here's a bit more about the issue, the first post is for the Steam users, while the second is especially for the GoG users.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

I did a reinstall of BG2 EE, and then installed all mods again (with fresh downloads), and it worked.

So if you fixed the problems, thanks, if you didn't get to it yet, I guess there was something wrong with my installation.

Bug report from SHS:

IWDEE 1.4 (GOG)

Component Enforce PnP Proficiency Rules on Dual-Classed Characters does not install.

It chokes on kit 'dwarven_defender', probably because '25stweap.2da' does not have a matching entry.

If I change entry 'default' to 'dwarven_defender' in '25stweap.2da', the component installs.

There might be an issue with kit 'beastmaster' as well, because in 'clastext.2da' there is only rows called 'beast_master'/'fallen_beast_master'.

Sorry, for posting here, gibberlings do not allow guest posting...