[Testers Wanted] Tweaks is dead. Long live Tweaks!

OK, I've got Mike's bug fixed, and tracked down the issue with dw#melri. It's Melissan's Ring of Wizardry from Wheels of Prophecy; it's misindexed so pretty much anything that patches it will either fail or make it worse.

It looks like Sensible Entrance Points doesn't work correctly on BGT. The logs don't show any errors, yet none of the BG1 maps have their entrance points changed at all - The alteration to the Radiant Heart in BG2 is fine, though.
I also think BGT changes some of them anyway; The fishing village north of the FAI and zombie farm are already changed, and for some reason I always end up getting the east entrance point for the lighthouse and shipwreck maps, no matter what I do. The only thing left is the Beregost-Smithy entrance point, which clearly doesn't work.

Yes, looking into this, BGT already defines entrance points for the BG areas so you don't have the 'dump you at a default map edge' behavior. The one change I'll make for BGT will be to move the east Beregost entrance south of Taerom's smithy (it's currently on the road north or Mirianne's house). The other three areas don't need any changes.

Running Beta 3.

Some of the weapon descriptions and names are now random lines, sometimes dialogue.

I'm also running:

"Convenient Ammunition" I could see this as the possible culprit, it adds a few items. (incompatible with Alter Weapon Proficiency System component?)

"BP Series" I don't think it changes any items, but it hasn't been updated since 2014 so it could be this I guess.

I loaded the tweaks last.

My game is still playable, I just have to look up descriptions from google if I'm not sure what something does.

Hopefully this is useful to you.

Typically when you see massive string screwups like this it's a broken tlk/key, installing or changing mods mid-game, or (nowadays) continuing a modded game on a fresh patch. Nothing in Tweaks does, I think, anything terribly dramatic to the tlk file that would result in this. I've tried installing a bunch of stuff on SoD without trouble--I'm sorry, I'm not sure I have any good advice here.

Alright guys, sorry beta 4 took so long. A couple of these fixes took much longer than I thought.

Download Beta 4: Windows | OS X | Linux
Readme

Beta 4 Changelog

• Make Magic Shields Glow had two bugs preventing its installation; it would halt on games without an extended color palette (e.g. non-EE games or without 1pp) and would halt on shields without any colors set, such as IWD's Lyre of Progression
  • Unique Containers was supposed to be available for BGEE, but was omitted from the allowed platforms list for the component
  • The werewolf paws in Shapeshifter Rebalancing now get named explicitly
  • Move NPCs from Baldur's Gate will now be skipped if the SCS version of same is installed. The component will also skip NPCs already moved by similar somponents in the BG1 NPC Project, or skip the component altogether if all three have been moved already.
  • Change Experience Point Cap should now work on Siege of Dragonspear
  • Included workarounds for incomplete 25stweap.2da in Siege of Dragonspear and IWDEE for the various components that touch kits (Enforce PnP Proficiency Rules on Dual-Classed Characters and Expanded Dual-Class Options), though the next patches should take care of this. In general, the component should be more forgiving for incomplete files.
  • Remove Racial Restrictions for Single Classes and Remove Racial Restrictions for Kits will no longer allow non-human monks. Other races do not have monk animations so the engine tends to crash during character generation. Support for shamans has been added to both.
  • If Druids Use 3e Alignment Restrictions was installed after Shapeshifter Rebalancing, which is the likely install order, non-true neutral shapeshifter druids would not be able to use their symbolic paws.
  • On a suggestion from Sam., the component Stores Purchase All Item Types has been added.
  • Minimum Stats Cheat now lets you specify minimums for the six attributes individually.
  • Friendly Random Drops needed a few more fixes
    • The 'Token Genie' was undead, meaning a cleric could turn or even chunk him.
    • Items with charges should now be handled in a more robust fashion
  • The library for fixing kit.ids as part of should now be up to date for Expanded Dual-Class Options
  • The BG and IWD variants of Alter Weapon Proficiency System should now account for racial bonuses in the EE games
  • Sensible Entrance Points only modifies the Beregost entrance point for BG content on BGT games, as BGT already defines good entrances for the other areas.
  • Updated Italian translation, thanks improb@bile!

Just installed it on heavily modded BGT and slightly modded BG1 and IWD1. No issues so far, installation was clean with no warnings. Guess I'll have to replay them to find if anything breaks at runtime. My current BGT game is in the last stages of ToB so I will probably start a new character soon. Once I have decided which class to play as this time, that is. (Currently thinking either cleric of Lathander or a "mageling").

"No, I'm not gaming, I'm beta-testing!"

I believe so, yes. So far we've only had one bug report for the new beta (BGEE Shar-Teel leaving despite the NPCs never leave component) so I think we're pretty solid at this point.

(And since I just said that, cue the 'it set my computer on fire' bug reports. :) )

After a bit of testing myself I think I've discovered the problem they were referring to: disabling traps also disables undead spawning in after their respective tombs are looted. In SoD's starting dungeon, Korlasz' family tomb, this can lock the player out of certain quests, as the undead that spawn after popping open the sarcophagi never appear (the mummy on the first floor who wants you to drive the mercenaries off; the spirit on the second floor who wants the broken staff, etc). Not sure if other areas or quests are similarly affected, as I only had time to check out the first dungeon, but I thought I should give you a heads-up.

After a bit of testing myself I think I've discovered the problem they were referring to: disabling traps also disables undead spawning in after their respective tombs are looted. In SoD's starting dungeon, Korlasz' family tomb, this can lock the player out of certain quests, as the undead that spawn after popping open the sarcophagi never appear (the mummy on the first floor who wants you to drive the mercenaries off; the spirit on the second floor who wants the broken staff, etc). Not sure if other areas or quests are similarly affected, as I only had time to check out the first dungeon, but I thought I should give you a heads-up.

Those issues are not new with SoD, they already existed before in BGT (reports were made on SHS forum) and consequently BWS marked this component as expert install.

Edited by Roxanne

I don't understand. They used the "trap" function of ARE files to determine critical spawning?

Yeah, the traps are just part of a script that highlights when the player char has stepped over a line in an area... traps that cannot normally be seen even if you try to detect them with 125% trap detect skill.

The mod sets some flags in those triggers to Zero, regardless of their function, i.e. no scripts attached to those kind of triggers will ever work in the game. (Famous example: Jaheira detects the dead Khalid >>> she steps on a trigger near the table where he lies and this triggers the script to start her dialogue - or not, when you disable traps)

It's not that blunt--it only 'untraps' region traps if it's a detectable trap (difficulty is 1-99), so stuff like the dead Khalid trigger are unaffected. (Dead Khalid in particular is just a scripted region, not a trap, so it's doubly unaffected.)

Alright, this is something I can work with. For whatever reason, the original did not have the same checks (e.g. a detectable trap) for container and door traps. We could do the same for key-required doors.

Thanks for the great work. One incompatibility I've run into is w/ shamans. They loose spell casting at lvl 31 and I've had problems with hit points and leveling. The first problem I assume to be the need for a spell table running to lvl 50. The second I'm not sure about. This is w/ the current steam version of bg2. The other problems I haven't been able to replicate to give better suggestions for.

I installed the improved multiplayer kick dialog, it says it was installed successfully but it just does not seem to do anything, the dialog options when I kick a premade npc do not change. I tried the beta tweaks and the V16 tweaks and they don't work.

I am using Bg2 EE gog version 2.0

Beta 4 Changelog

• Change Experience Point Cap should now work on Siege of Dragonspear

I can confirm that Beta 4 seem to have fixed the issue where the transition to SoD was nerfing your XP down to 500,000. That is excellent. However, I am experiencing more (possibly indirect) issues with this component.

Using Tweaks Anthology Beta 4 and SoD v2.1.63.2, attempting to level up a character past a certain level (usually around 3,000,000 XP) results in you getting stuck in the menus. You are unable to dismiss or complete the level up dialog, and so must quit the game. This seems to occur whenever the character would have been given a choice of HLAs, but the HLA files do not exist in BGEE or SoD so the menus hang. Here is what it looks like in SoD v2.1.63.2. Note that the "Done" button is greyed out and can not be selected.

post-3522-0-60350300-1463613278_thumb.png

In BGEE v2.2.66.0, you no longer get stuck in the menus when trying to level up, but there are still no HLAs in the game, so you end up with this fugly screen:

post-3522-0-37974900-1463613237_thumb.png

However, these modifications to the level up menus do not seem to have made it to SoD v2.2.66.0, so it still hangs on level up.

Even in BGEE v2.2 where you can successfully dismiss the blank HLA menu, transferring your game to BG2EE will not retroactively give you the X number of HLAs you missed in BG1/SoD because of missing files. This isn't good, and it doesn't seem true to the spirit of the Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove completely component. Can Tweaks Anthology do anything about these issues? Including the HLAs from BG2EE should be fairly straightforward, it's modifying the UI that is a bit more complex.