GemRB on Raspberry Pi (can't find game files ever)

XD3l

Hello, I am trying to run GemRB on my Raspberry Pi2 (and eventually 3).

Other people are having good luck, as for me I get this error log:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/108185675/Bgate1Log.txt

Here is something I noticed that is screwed up about Baldur’s Gate.

When I put the “CD#” folders inside of “data”, it expects the CD folders to be in the root folder. If I put them in the root folder, then it expects them to be in “data”.

I.E.

[ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/ports/baldurs1/data/CD2/data (CD2/data)

or

[ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/ports/baldurs1/CD2/data (CD2/data)

I've tried the other supported games and they all do this. I can start the games, but when it comes to selecting Gender or what ever, the games crash.

Do you actually get to see the character generation screen or does it crash before (as it looks from the log)? Do you have any folders in
~pi/RetroPie/roms/ports/baldurs1/data ?

For GOG setting the gamepath is enough — you could comment out the cdx entries if the errors bother you. We don't just crash on missing files, you'd get a nice error in the log for the crucial stuff. So the question is more: wtf does it crash? Did the os kill it (maybe pi2 is too weak)?

Do you actually get to see the character generation screen or does it crash before (as it looks from the log)? Do you have any folders in

~pi/RetroPie/roms/ports/baldurs1/data ?

For GOG setting the gamepath is enough — you could comment out the cdx entries if the errors bother you. We don't just crash on missing files, you'd get a nice error in the log for the crucial stuff. So the question is more: wtf does it crash? Did the os kill it (maybe pi2 is too weak)?

I'm the only Pi users in the Pi forums experiencing this problem it would seem. And yes, I get to the menu, I am in game and it's always when I try to select gender or place stats that the game crashes.

This is my latest install from the six CD set. Everything in caps is a folder, that that isn't is a file.

I did full (not partial) install from CD, so all files in the data folders from the CD's are in the DATA folder that resides in the root of this folder.

CHARACTERS

DATA

MOVIES

OVERRIDE

SCRIPTS

SOUNDS

baldur.exe

baldur.ini

bgmail.exe

chitin.key

config.exe

dialog.tlk

keymap.ini

luauto.cfg

readme.txt

uninst.isu

update

Since it doesn't end for you always on the same step, it puts more credence in the hypothesis that the os kills the process, likely due to memory pressure. If you run gemrb from the console, you'll get the reason printed (Killed, Segfault or something else).

Archived