Dual-wielding throwing weapons in melee mode

critto

Hello, everybody.

Did anyone ever attempt to accomplish the subject? When a throwing axe or hammer is used as a melee weapon, allow the character to equip weapons in both hands. Is it possible at all?

There were some claims to this being done in the IR, but I have tested the latest IRv4 beta and found no evidence to support those claims.

Cheers,

critto

Hello, everybody.

Did anyone ever attempt to accomplish the subject? When a throwing axe or hammer is used as a melee weapon, allow the character to equip weapons in both hands. Is it possible at all?

There were some claims to this being done in the IR, but I have tested the latest IRv4 beta and found no evidence to support those claims.

Cheers,

critto

Within IR those weapons can be switched in-game (via quick-item ability slot) into melee only. That let's you dual-wield them.

All that might become redundant with SoD and EE 2.0. I haven't tested it but it should finally be able to put a weapon in the off-hand even if you have a 2 handed or ranged weapon in the main hand. I hope it's true.

Within IR those weapons can be switched in-game (via quick-item ability slot) into melee only. That let's you dual-wield them.

So it is not done directly? The character must already have some sort of melee non-throwing weapon in main and off-hand, and only then switch to a throwing weapon (set to melee mode) in your character's main hand via a quick slot, is that right?

All that might become redundant with SoD and EE 2.0. I haven't tested it but it should finally be able to put a weapon in the off-hand even if you have a 2 handed or ranged weapon in the main hand. I hope it's true.

Sounds great indeed. Although, probably not portable back to ToB, sadly.

So it is not done directly? The character must already have some sort of melee non-throwing weapon in main and off-hand, and only then switch to a throwing weapon (set to melee mode) in your character's main hand via a quick slot, is that right?

Well if it's the melee only weapon, you can equip that as any melee weapon and use it in either hand. To gain the changing ability, you just have to equip it, then you can use that, but the product aka the throw-able weapon is dropped into your empty inventory slot, so you can re-equip it as any other throw-able weapon, but you then cannot have an off handed weapon. You then when you equip that, you can use it as a melee or throw-able weapon(with the throwing stats), you also gain the ability to make it a melee only weapon.

Weapons with a ranged ability can't be dual-wielded, even if they also have a melee ability.

IR adds a special ability to returning throwing weapons (accessed via the backpack icon on the quickbar) that lets you change them from the regular melee+ranged versions of the items into melee-only versions of the items. You can change them back the same way.

You can dual wield the melee-only versions.

IR adds a special ability to returning throwing weapons (accessed via the backpack icon on the quickbar) that lets you change them from the regular melee+ranged versions of the items into melee-only versions of the items. You can change them back the same way.

So... IR can make a melee-only Azuredge, that Tweaks can then turn two-handed? Heh.

Archived