SCS vs SR

Well....

SCS will actually use Disintegrate vs Mordys.

IF
Gender(LastSeenBy(Myself),SUMMONED)
CheckStatGT(LastSeenBy(Myself),90,RESISTSLASHING)
CheckStatLT(LastSeenBy(Myself),90,MAGICDAMAGERESISTANCE)
RandomNum(2,1)
!GlobalTimerNotExpired("Mordenkainen","LOCALS")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobalTimer("Mordenkainen","LOCALS",ONE_ROUND)
ForceSpell(LastSeenBy(Myself),WIZARD_MAGIC_MISSILE) // SPWI112.SPL (Magic Missile)
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobalTimer("Mordenkainen","LOCALS",ONE_ROUND)
ForceSpell(LastSeenBy(Myself),WIZARD_DISINTEGRATE) // SPWI616.SPL (Disintegrate)
END

Having a customized SCS for SR should invite reviewing previous suggestions that had to be killed because the AI couldn't/wouldn't use them.

Keep in mind the "Revised SCS" isn't going to be mandatory, thus SR spells should still work fine on vanilla's AI, or at least cause no harm. Fortunately that is much easier than 100% compatibility with SCS AI because the latter has more specific scripts and a lot more restrictive targeting mechanics.

That being said, it opens up a lot of new opportunities indeed.

- you run a risk of wasting Disintegrate on a Mordy when Minsc or Sarevok is running amok nearby

- if Mordy was a real threat that couldn't be resisted with stoneskins and weapon immunities

- I'd certainly do it against Nishruu, but not when it's a fighter summon with low ApR and short duration.

- well, Minsc can make a save and survive (v4 Disintegrate has a save vs. breath at -2 penalty, not v3 save vs. spell at -5) Mordy is always destroyed

- you reminded me I was thinking to eventually make Mordy deal some magic dmg considering it's a sword made of magic and not a physical one. I'm not sure though...

- speaking of which, my latest changes allow us to make the Nishruu bypass PfMW, should we try it? On one side it could make it devastating against mages if not quickly countered, on the other side it's how it should be.

Well....

:jump:

Having a customized SCS for SR should invite reviewing previous suggestions that had to be killed because the AI couldn't/wouldn't use them.

Keep in mind the "Revised SCS" isn't going to be mandatory, thus SR spells should still work fine on vanilla's AI, or at least cause no harm. Fortunately that is much easier than 100% compatibility with SCS AI because the latter has more specific scripts and a lot more restrictive targeting mechanics.

That being said, it opens up a lot of new opportunities indeed.

Well, ADHW doing Magic Cold damage is one of them. However, it would make Pro Magic Energy completely useless for it's level (one would only counter Skull Traps with it), unless Pro ME is tweaked to be a bit wider in scope. (SI:Necromancy equivalent).

Btw, this would be easy to do and have SCS deal with it so....

Well....

*shrugs* I only wanted to clarify you don't need additional tactics, the default behavior is almost as effective without being complicated.

Btw, is that the actual script? You don't want to put different actions in the same block, it only complicates things up. E.g. you'd have to check if caster got both MM and Dis before running it, else you'll just set the timer without casting anything (btw the standard one-round casting timer is missing), and then add two individual ones, for MM and Dis respectively. The same can be achieved by using the good old ~RESPONSE #100 Continue()~ to skip to the next block, this way you need one casting block less.

Also ForceSpell() is cheating and should be used sparingly, since it can't be interrupted and doesn't require a spell to be memorized.

- well, Minsc can make a save and survive (v4 Disintegrate has a save vs. breath at -2 penalty, not v3 save vs. spell at -5) Mordy is always destroyed

- you reminded me I was thinking to eventually make Mordy deal some magic dmg considering it's a sword made of magic and not a physical one. I'm not sure though...

If you make Mordy more dangerous than Minsc, to prioritize its destruction over a party member, then yes :) I don't think it would be a very well balanced spell then, however ;)

- speaking of which, my latest changes allow us to make the Nishruu bypass PfMW, should we try it? On one side it could make it devastating against mages if not quickly countered, on the other side it's how it should be.

Sounds nice, but I'd reduce its spell draining effect to 50% or some, in such case.

Well....

*shrugs* I only wanted to clarify you don't need additional tactics, the default behavior is almost as effective without being complicated.

Btw, is that the actual script? You don't want to put different actions in the same block, it only complicates things up. E.g. you'd have to check if caster got both MM and Dis before running it, else you'll just set the timer without casting anything (btw the standard one-round casting timer is missing), and then add two individual ones, for MM and Dis respectively. The same can be achieved by using the good old ~RESPONSE #100 Continue()~ to skip to the next block, this way you need one casting block less.

Also ForceSpell() is cheating and should be used sparingly, since it can't be interrupted and doesn't require a spell to be memorized.

Heh...now I see. I browsed NI for Disintegrate usage on my install, found one on Abazigal, checked it out. BUT, I haven't installed "Smarter Dragons" from SCS.

This is completely vanilla script. :rotflmao:

SCS will not use Disint, it will Banish or Magic missile or 2xMagic Missile sequencer.

Archived