[BG2:EE] The hard motivated party (little char.names spoiler).

frostysh

I am trying to cross off BG2:EE on the hardest difficulty setting that I found (Insane + SCS + Tactics for EE adn so on.), also I making the manual that maybe will helps someone playing on the same difficulty (The manual like I made for BG1:EE).

But I am a sentimental one :p so I need to play in my own fairytale and that because I need a strongly motivated characters in the my 'final party' for a walkthrough.

E.g. from BG1:EE - Rashaad the SUN SOUL MONK, he was a very motivated to fight against an evil, if my avatar jumps to the bloody lair of a blaze demon overlord itself, Rashaad jumps for without any idle or thinking or regretting. The Same was with Khalid, Jaheira, Ajantis and Imoen .

But in the BG2:EE all is different. The First thing that I realized in the BG2:EE that the characters is SCATTERED so hard... Though I will pick up the final party fast but after the couple of quests I realized how I was wrong... I spent time not to search of characters but to resolve the annoying quests with LIMITED time to complete it. My not final party fought hundreds of an enemies, on 12 lvl (the avatar was 9th-10th on beginning of the game because of transporting from BG1:EE + The Black Pits) even defeated the DRAGON that was tough like a bloody hell itself... :( . But still I have no find the my final party.

For now the party is: My Avatar (Diviner), Minsc (Ranger), Yoshimo (Dounty Hunter), Jaheira (Fighter/Druid), Jan (Illusionist/Mage), Mazzy (Fighter).

I need a some advices. I try to release Minsc and his Hamster, but they just stands where I left them :( . So regretting the all of horrible things that Jonny prepared for the party, I can not to left Minsc, because without his friend and leader - Dehaneir , he is obviously helpless and to be sure Minsc alone will got in a some troubles, he will be killed or he will kill the someone innocent in a rage (that is a more likely...).

So I can not just left Minsc alone... :( .

Yoshimo is a capable one, he can make a very deadly traps, he is no a good one, and probably he killed some innocents in the past, but I hope he did not... The party with Yoshimo almost from the very beginning , but still Yoshimo is one of the my main candidates for replacing. In general I do not think that Yoshimo will jump to the abyss if my jumps to there first.... But I spent many battles with Yoshimo and I have sorrows about it. :(

Jaheira - this character suffers too much, and mostly because of my avatar. . . And I think it is will be not a fair thing when Jaheira will suffer even more, I tried to release Jaheira from beginning but then starts a hell long sequence of quests (Like I realize after...). And I just can not releas her before I the party will done that quest, because she saying that she have no place to go and if I will release her , Jaheira will never return :( .

Jan - Omg, The crazy, the almost insane gnome with a huge crossbow that shooting with a BOMBS - he is the perfect character to hunting down a bold Jonny , indeed. The party must have :p . And his bombs is a super useful, one of that bombs was a reason of death a very annoying Revanek - the fighter with crossbow and two-handed sword from a Shangalar gang. And he is super capable with a locks, with a traps even with a enemy ILLUSIONS!

Mazzy - the very good and motivated character, that have a superior skill with a Shortbows and who can perform a very hard kick in the close combat with a Shortswords . The party must have indeed. :p She is one of the top damage dealers of a party, and obviously when Jonny will have some feelings of a cold steel of Mazzy's strongly motivated blade in his ... I am will be happy :).

The party needs a HEALER because without healer my party is almost helpless... Because I have no money to by such lot amount of a potions. When I release Jaheira, I need a healer, where I can found this healer??? Any directions? Aerie, or Anomen, I do not think so, Anomen have no good motivation, Aerie same as Jaheira, she is suffers too much and I do not want to bring off a 'fresh meat' for a mad Jonny... If I will have no choice, I will pick Anomen, he was a very capable against undead creatures. His heal and the protective magic is an incredible too.

I need Rashaad or someone , that I will replace Yoshimo when I will done his quest, but I cannot found Rashaad ;/. I have found Neera (that the same Neera that is do not like the Red Wizards, from BG1:EE I do not like them too...). But Chaotic magic it is too much for me, really I have fair enough of a crazy mad an overpowered magicians like Jonny is. . .

So for now I do no know what a final party will be. At least I need the party that will not be catches off unaware like my previous one from BG1:EE . . .

Thanks for an advices. :)

Jan (Illusionist/Mage)

:p No such things... as the Illusionist is a Mage speciality. He is a Illusionist/Thief... :p

My personal party nearly always consists of a

1) PC, can be almost anything.. but mostly a high health tank. Cause it's easier to just take a pounding, and still not see the hand animation.

2) ~Fighter... Minsc/Keldorn/Korgan/Dorn will do, never used Valygar or Mazzy. They will eventually go and get speared so Sarevok will take this place. Well... for me at least.

3) ~Healer... Anomen/Jaheira or Viconia will do this part.. haven't used Cernd, cause he is too far away, like Valygar & Mazzy.

4) Thief... Jan/Yosh will do, gets replaced by Imoen. Or Hexxat.

5) ~Mage. Aerie, Nalia or Edwin will do this. Neera could.. but I really wouldn't play with her.

6) Random NPC, or Noober. :p Or anyone else, in the above...

So I end up max-powered party:

PC, Minsc/Sarevok, Anomen, Imoen, Aerie... Nalia.

Or PC, Dorn, Korgan/Sarevok, Viconia, Hexxat, Edwin.

Their motivations... they are all looking for the same weed you are. For different reasons, see they all want it for themselves. :devlook:

Yeah, that crazy gnome with a huge nose and crossbow is a Illusionist/Thief. There my mistake.

1) It is a very bad idea for tank just take pounding, especially if you fighting a dragon that can wipe out the whole six members of party with a single range AoE blow :beholder:

2) So NPC Keldorn from that quest from Temple of Helm is recruit-able too, we will see if he (or she) is good motivated, maybe I will think about.

Korgan - no way! The mad an evil blood thirsty killer with masochistic attempts, this is not that I want in the party... I solved his "Book quest", and know I have the book in the inventory (I remember that same god from BG1:EE made many troubles to the party with it is tomb...).

Dorn is there? Cool. He is really strong (at least he was in BG1:EE), but regardless his power, the Dark Knight is a true evil one. If Korgan just a mad an always angry killer then Dorn is a methodically merciless killing machine. Maybe I will solve some his quests, if it will be not the killing of an innocent NPCs, but no way to him in the final party! Obviously if his 'master' will give to Dorn the order to kill my avatar or something, Dorn will cut off my avatar's head without any idles. . .

So Valygar Cordalla (for now I have quest to find this NPC) is recruit-able too, we will see who is that.

Sarevok!? The same Sarevok that killed so many of good NPC men, the Same Sarevok that even betrayed his own love (I spared her life in the BG1:EE), the same Sarevok that my party have took a so long and painful way to stop his madness, and then regardless of the all his tricks Sarevok has fallen?! This Sarevok? Are you sure? I think when the party will meet this Sarevok, the first thing that my avatar will do it is the discharging all of an offensive a most dangerous magic that he have into the foolish armored silhouette of Sarevok and then , probably my avatar will say "Hello". (you little bit spoiled me... but nevermind.)

3) Viconia is not a healer she is a killer :p . For myself, I have rescued her from a bad situation in the Government District, and maybe I will do some quests that she have, but that is all. No way to the trickery cold blooded killer in the party.

Who is this Cernd? Is he are well-motivated against an evil? Is there an any directions to find him??? (but less of spoils please.)

4) Hexxat - the suddenly acident has took it's place, and this Hexxat has fallen by hand of Minsc, and his "Azuredge +3", because Minsc do not like when other take the most easy an innocent target to kill, even if it is for a surveying purpose (anyway, Hexxat may chose some killers or thugs, but she choose the weakest only because she is want this.), and I do not like this too...

5) Edwin? That the same measles magician that trying to kill a friend of Minsc, from a BG1:EE ? Oh no! He is an evil.

Nalia - yeah she is very good and specialized but as for me the party helped to her with his "Troubles in the Hold" , and then messegers appears and said that the Hold is no more property of the Nalia's family, and the bucket of trolls appeared again, so I decided to release Nalia from the madness that Jonny have preaperd for the party.

Neera is one of the most powerful magicians that I saw, but combining of her superior power and superior 'chaotism' with that Jonny's an evil plans , this a not good neither for the party or for Neara she-self. Too much of an overpowered magicians in the same place - that will be a catastrophic something.

6) Noober was hell annoying from BG1:EE, especially when he tries to start the conversation in the middle of the fight... But the party is no need of such Super Weapon, this will be too much unfair to Jonny :p.

No, I need only well-motivated characters. This is a 'live' fairytale , so on :p

Archived