EET 1.0 ETA and stuff

K4thos

To think that the long-awaited EET and IWD-in-EET mods were so close to being finished and then *stop* is torture.

Was it ? Cause if you look at the "mess" the Beamdog has left the games in, you could rearrange your thoughts about the matter.

What mess, well the BGEE, SoD on their site is very different than the ones in Steam and GoG got. One has v2.1, other 2.0, ouh yeah or whatever. Those ones have the BGEE and SoD combined into a single game, and you need the modmerger to modify the game, while the Beamdog one has them not grouped together. So you have two game.

The weidu.exe hasn't been updated to feature the SoD flag, probably because it's a bad idea.

I don't know that it's such a mess. all of the EE versions (except in Apple's stores) are at 2.2, soon to be 2.3. Weidu 240 will be out soon enough and however it handles GAME_IS ~sod~, modders will be fine. And Beamdog employee(s) are helping Wisp get Weidu able to parse the doc .zip files natively, without the need for ModMerge. That could indeed be what is holding up v240.

Modding tools/products like Weidu and NI, BWS and BGT, took years to develop. We've been a mere month waiting for EET and Weidu 240. This is hardly an emergency.

Meanwhile, we have a whole new expansion to play - one of three made by Beamdog, which are the first new Infinity Engine content in over a decade. I, for one, am not complaining. (I complained a lot about the crapoy state of v1.2... but 2.0 is awesome.)

I don't know that it's such a mess. all of the EE versions (except in Apple's stores) are at 2.2, soon to be 2.3. Weidu 240 will be out soon enough and however it handles GAME_IS ~sod~, modders will be fine. And Beamdog employee(s) are helping Wisp get Weidu able to parse the doc .zip files natively, without the need for ModMerge. That could indeed be what is holding up v240.

Modding tools/products like Weidu and NI, BWS and BGT, took years to develop. We've been a mere month waiting for EET and Weidu 240. This is hardly an emergency.

Meanwhile, we have a whole new expansion to play - one of three made by Beamdog, which are the first new Infinity Engine content in over a decade. I, for one, am not complaining. (I complained a lot about the crapoy state of v1.2... but 2.0 is awesome.)

Your words are comforting, my friend. =)

I don't know anything about how mods work, but as a player I must say that I am really enjoying the new features of Patch 2.2 (now that the black map borders can be turned off lol).

Still, I hope we hear from K4thos soon. Even if it's just to let us know that he's still alive and somewhat sane despite his long work hours.

Figured I'd provide an update :p

The reason for my absence relates to the first post - no time/motivation for any distractions due to job. Sorry if people got worried about the future of the project or about what might happened to me. I will try to be more upfront if there will be similar temporary halt in future. Thanks for sticking up for the project.

I've spent some time modding recently. We're expecting to release a new beta (called EET 1.0 Release Candidate 1) compatible with SoD and patch 2.x some time next week (hopefully).

The week ends tomorrow, so I will try to keep the promise and push the new commit before Monday. Although expect it closer to midnight since I won't be able to work on it today - still sitting on 4 unfinished contracts that need to be ready by Monday or else I will face harsh contractual penalties, so that has priority now :p

The week ends tomorrow, so I will try to keep the promise and push the new commit before Monday. Although expect it closer to midnight since I won't be able to work on it today - still sitting on 4 unfinished contracts that need to be ready by Monday or else I will face harsh contractual penalties, so that has priority now :p

Yeah, I know damn too well about meeting deadlines. Had a fair share of sleepless nights with my keyboard.

Archived