SoD Issues (SoD end-game spoilers!)

Ulb

AFAK SoD does not go against canon in any way, shape or form. Belhifet being there is perfectly fine and only conflicts with IWD-In-EET because IWD-In-EET does break canon lore.

The only justification for any IWD content in BG without breaking canon is.. time travel, which is not used.

This brings me back to the point I made earlier in this thread: IWD-In-EET is already breaking FR canon so altering this none-canon content further is far superior to altering SoD content (which is canon conform).

Your suggestion about using a similar sounding name is interesting though. Depending on how many voiced lines there are this might be a good course of action. Alternatively one could just “omit” those voiced lines assuming it's only a few.

Since this seems to be a polarizing topic it might be best to offer one or more of these solutions as a Tweaks component and leave the base mod “as is”.

I agree with your point that IWD.in-EET is quite different from the former stand-alone game (IWD2 even more so). It is another mod among many and may not even be played as one episode from beginning to end. EET allows you to travel and leave IWD areas as you like, e.g. you start the first + second IWD chapter maybe early from the Sword Coast and come back later for another number of maps when your party has gained more experience.

As such the great finale screen (tower.2da) may not even be adequate anymore (in my mod I already replaced it by far less dramatic journal entry), as you are no longer the big hero of the north that finished a GAME but you just finished one extra quest episode. (I had already posted some question about the use of the endscreens in IDW http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27783&page=2&do=findComment&comment=244102 but K4thos has not yet found time to respond).

So rather to be *canonic* with external sources, I always prefer consistency and continuity within the game you play at that moment.

PS - I have now developped my own mods integration of IWD1 and HoW into the greater picture of the bhaalspawn events (including those few minor adjustments discussed here) and tested ii in a pre-EET setup. For me it makes sense, but this is personal taste and it will be an optional mod that players can try or ignore - I mention it only as a *proof of concept* to show it can be done without touching the original story and contents other than with some cosmetics. (renaming a guy in two places and replacing a text screen is in my opinion is not really changing the heart of the game (winter))

AFAK SoD does not go against canon in any way, shape or form. Belhifet being there is perfectly fine and only conflicts with IWD-In-EET because IWD-In-EET does break canon lore.

The only justification for any IWD content in BG without breaking canon is.. time travel, which is not used.

This brings me back to the point I made earlier in this thread: IWD-In-EET is already breaking FR canon so altering this none-canon content further is far superior to altering SoD content (which is canon conform).

Your suggestion about using a similar sounding name is interesting though. Depending on how many voiced lines there are this might be a good course of action. Alternatively one could just “omit” those voiced lines assuming it's only a few.

Since this seems to be a polarizing topic it might be best to offer one or more of these solutions as a Tweaks component and leave the base mod “as is”.

I agree with your point that IWD.in-EET is quite different from the former stand-alone game (IWD2 even more so). It is another mod among many and may not even be played as one episode from beginning to end. EET allows you to travel and leave IWD areas as you like, e.g. you start the first + second IWD chapter maybe early from the Sword Coast and come back later for another number of maps when your party has gained more experience.

As such the great finale screen (tower.2da) may not even be adequate anymore (in my mod I already replaced it by far less dramatic journal entry), as you are no longer the big hero of the north that finished a GAME but you just finished one extra quest episode. (I had already posted some question about the use of the endscreens in IDW http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27783&page=2&do=findComment&comment=244102 but K4thos has not yet found time to respond).

If you look closely at IWD1 ending you will find that the Tower.2da is triggered by a script EEBelkill,bcs and this CANNOT BE USED IN EET anyway, because it does this

StartMovie("TOWER")

SmallWait(2)

StartMovie("ECREDIT")

SmallWait(2)

FadeFromColor([0.0],0)

EndCutSceneMode()

GoToStartScreen()

So rather to be *canonic* with external sources, I always prefer consistency and continuity within the game you play at that moment.

PS - I have now developped my own mods integration of IWD1 and HoW into the greater picture of the bhaalspawn events (including those few minor adjustments discussed here) and tested ii in a pre-EET setup. For me it makes sense, but this is personal taste and it will be an optional mod that players can try or ignore - I mention it only as a *proof of concept* to show it can be done without touching the original story and contents other than with some cosmetics. (renaming a guy in two places and replacing a text screen is in my opinion is not really changing the heart of the game (winter))

Archived