Jaheira - Delainy

Bri

Delainy:

"Jaheira, who is this Silvanus that I sometimes hear you utter?  I mean, its obvious he is some kind of deity or other, but I must admit, that I'm kinda still getting used to the whole god thing...it seems like there is a crowd out there for the choosing..."

Jaheira:

*disbelief on her face*

"Silvanus?  You mean to tell me you've never heard of Silvanus, the Great Tree Father?"

Delainy:

"Well, I have heard *of* him, but I don't really know him...and I was curious if you could tell me a bit more..."

Jaheira:

*eyes narrowing*

"And why would you care to know of him?  I mean, I hope you realize that I'm not one to proselytize much...are you thinking of becoming a devotee?"

Delainy:

"I'm sorry...I didn't mean to cause offense...its just...well...before our flight...the records of our people mentioned other deities...but only three were given any kind of reverence at all...and maybe its just me, but it seems to me that by studying the gods held in reverence, one can learn much of a people...and well...I know that I don't want to take up some kind of holy life, its just that I really am curious...I mean, there is a whole new world of things I don't know about..."

Jaheira:

"And just who were these three?"

Delainy:

"The first was Malar.  Worshipped by the wolfweres that lived to our north, whenever they managed to catch one of us, they sacrificed him to the one they called the Beastlord..."

Jaheira:

"Yes, Malar is one of the bloodier sort.  We occasionally must put down his followers that rise up from time to time as well...I will grant that they make powerful warriors, but their own chaotic nature makes them...unreliable..."

Delainy:

"Yes, we learned much the same...though the edge we had was that we could always retreat to behind the wall separating us..."

Jaheira:

"And the other two?"

Delainy:

"Well, the other one isn't much better...goes by the name Daragor...he was worshipped by the ones...that eventually drove us off..."

Jaheira:

"Not much of a better choice.  I will admit that I know less of Daragor than I do of Malar, but I do know that Daragor much prefers werewolves, while Malar is less...discriminating..."

Delainy:

*softly says*

"Yes...and when you and MainChar defeated the wolfweres, after you fled the island, those who called on Daragor ousted those who didn't bow to them in a bloody coup."

Jaheira:

"I am sorry to..."

Delainy:

*a scowl growing on her face*

"Don't apologize.  You had no idea what conclusion your actions would do.  Truth be known, it wouldn't really matter...in some ways, it was better, for those who worshipped Daragor, while evil, were inward looking, believing they already had the best of all possible worlds...unlike those who I fled with, those who worshipped Eshebala..."

Jaheira:

"Eshebala?  Isn't she the one who..."

Delainy:

"Yes, our records indicated that she had her own children, ones she called foxwomen.  However, she granted her favor to those of us who sought to expand beyond the island..."

Jaheira:

*pausing thoughtfully*

"That does make sense, now that I think about it  Compared to the other two, she is much more...refined.  Whatever else the other two are, calling them brutish would be just a start...and it could tickle her fancy at having werewolves, those she normally despises, to worship her...so does this mean...you don't follow these three?"

Delainy:

*shaking her head*

"I...I don't know if this makes sense...but I may be a werewolf, but that doesn't mean I have to hurt people, you know?  I mean, yes, it is a part of me, and I wouldn't give it up for the world, but is that all I am?  I don't know...but I would like to find out more..."

Jaheira

"Hmm...well, I can tell you a bit more of Silvanus, but I must admit, I don't know that he would be the right fit for you.  Silvanus is the father of the woods, it is true, but it sounds like you seek to do as much good as you can.  I won't deny some of Silvanus' followers do such matters, but he also represents the wild storm, the destructive power of nature that eventually leads to regrowth..."

Delainy:

"Oh...I guess I should give this further thought...thanks for your time Jaheira..."

Archived