Installing SCS V30 for BG:EE/SOD fails.

HI all,

I'm trying to install Version 30 of Sword Coast Stratagems on my fresh BG:EE/SoD install.

I'm getting the following error:

ERROR: cannot convert skip_hacks or %skip_hacks% to an integer.

I've googled for it. Other people get this error, but I can't find anyone who posts a solution.

Thanks,

The general consensus right now is:

1) use modmerge to extract and append SoD data to EE data in your installation folder (if the game acquired from GOG or Steam) https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/50441/modmerge-merge-your-steam-gog-zip-based-dlc-into-something-weidu-nearinfinity-dltcep-can-use/

2) use setup-stratagems.exe and manual installation (auto-install was reported to fail)

3) apply subtledoctor's fixes (those probably won't help with this specific problem but will aid with several different things) https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/732385/#Comment_732385

Can we assume that you've done all of the above?

I did some googling as well. Do you have the same issues as described here: http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26905 ?

If not, give us more info. Any other mods present, what does SETUP-STRATAGEMS.DEBUG says about the problem, etc.

I installed modmerge in the BG:EE home folder first. I assume that there was no other steps that I needed to do other than to run modmerge itself?

I then clicked on the setup-strategems application in the BG:EE folder. This is where it fails, so I haven't applied any other fixes.

There's a lot of stuff in the debug file, so I'll just copy some of the relevant messages...

Reading in data: spellcodes
Copying and patching 1 file ...
[./override/spell.ids] loaded, 26095 bytes
ERROR: cannot convert level or %level% to an integer
ERROR: [spell.ids] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
ERROR Installing [initialise mod (all other components require this)], rolling back to previous state
Unable to Unlink [stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/1000/OTHER.1000]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/1000/OTHER.1000")
[stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/1000/UNSETSTR.1000] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
Copying and patching 1 file ...
[./override/OGRESU.CRE] loaded, 1096 bytes
ERROR: cannot convert skip_hacks or %skip_hacks% to an integer
Unable to Unlink [stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/1000/READLN.1000]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/1000/READLN.1000")
Unable to Unlink [stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/1000/READLN.1000.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/1000/READLN.1000.TEXT")
ERROR: Not_found
Just out of curiosity, why is it giving me a Unix error? This is a windows executable...
Thanks

Well, I have some ideas, but it needs further investigation.

1) something went wrong with modmerge. SCS does not appear to parse spell.ids correctly (after having it remapped, apparently). If you could attach the spell.ids from your installation, that would be helpful.

2) the second error (about skip_hacks) is even stranger. SCS fails to run the engine detection code and set up some variables. I have encountered weird stuff like that when I was attempting to install SCS on BG:EE. Turned out, it was due to the fact that I managed to lose some of the file from the stratagems/ folder. Just to be sure, check that you are using the latest version of SCS from G3 and it was correctly extracted into the game folder.

As for the Unix error, I think this is something internal for Weidu and not at all platform-dependent.

Hummm....In looking at the error closer, it appears that the file is supposed to be in my override folder. However, i only have one item in it. A file called guichisf.mos. Is this because the

installation deleted it as part of a "rollback" before it stops?

Where would the spell.ids file be found? I don't seem to see it in my installation...

You would need to download a tool such as Near Infinity that allows to browse game data. You'll be able to export the file with it.

Your override folder is empty because you have no mods installed. All of the game files are located in special archives by default. Because SCS has failed to install, weidu rolled back all the changed and removed the updated stuff from the override folder.

Did you check you SCS package, btw? It's not missing anything, is it?

Archived