Oneplus X issues

hkz8000

Not sure if it's just a problem on my end but I just installed this version and while I managed to finally get in-game in Planescape (the previous version simply crashed after displaying the intro video), the game always crashes at the point where The Nameless One gets off the table and first meets Morte. What's even more baffling is that the game also crashes whenever I try to load a save-file (copied over from my pc). Any ideas?

Testing it on my Oneplus X phone. Now that i've checked the log it does seem to be related to data paths although i'm sure I got the paths right since the game loads and I can view save files (screenshot of paths section in the GemRB cfg file)

log:

[Core]: GemRB Core Initialization...
[Core]: Initializing Video Driver...
[Core]: Initializing Search Path...
[ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: /sdcard/gemrb/pst/override (Override)
[ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: /sdcard/gemrb/pst/sounds (Sounds)
[ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: /sdcard/gemrb/pst/scripts (Scripts)
[ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: /sdcard/gemrb/pst/portraits (Portraits)
[ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: /sdcard/gemrb/pst/data (Data)
[ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: /sdcard/gemrb/pst/data/data (CD1/data)
[ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: /sdcard/gemrb/pst/CD2/data (CD2/data)
[ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: /sdcard/gemrb/pst/data/CD2/data (CD2/data)
[ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: /sdcard/gemrb/pst/CD3/data (CD3/data)
[ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: /sdcard/gemrb/pst/data/CD3/data (CD3/data)
[ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: /sdcard/gemrb/pst/CD4/data (CD4/data)
[ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: /sdcard/gemrb/pst/data/CD4/data (CD4/data)
[ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: /sdcard/gemrb/pst/CD5/data (CD5/data)
[ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: /sdcard/gemrb/pst/data/CD5/data (CD5/data)
[ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: /sdcard/gemrb/pst/CD6/data (CD6/data)
[ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: /sdcard/gemrb/pst/data/CD6/data (CD6/data)
[Core]: Initializing KEY Importer...
[KEYImporter]: Opening /sdcard/gemrb/pst/chitin.key...
[KEYImporter/ERROR]: Cannot open Chitin.key
[KeyImporter/ERROR]: This means you set the GamePath config variable incorrectly.
[KeyImporter/ERROR]: It must point to the directory that holds a readable Chitin.key
[ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: /sdcard/gemrb/pst/chitin.key (chitin.key)
[Core/FATAL]: Failed to load "chitin.key"
[Main]: Press enter to continue...

the ingame shot looks full-screen, the rest are due to limitations of the system. Now, it does seem you get padding for a scale one class higher and misalignment, but that is more an issue of the widescreen mod, since we use the generated ui directly. The drawing issue with the message area could be our fault though — do you have the gemrb log?

Well then there was another reason. Perhaps you haven't waited enough after battle or something else. If you can never save anywhere, check that your save dir is writable.

It's me again. I recently tried this again by deleting everything and reinstalling gemrb and the game (Planescape) and the game actually ran fine. The only problem was that I was unable to save (gave and in-game error) and load (crashed gemrb). I managed to solve the problem of saving by moving the game to internal storage however loading still crashes gemrb. Any ideas?

Here's the log: http://pastebin.com/FunRfDKG

It's clear in which function loading fails, but there are many ways it could go wrong. Most are related to not being able to load data from the save. The savegame path is not just writable, but also readable (and dirs listable), right?

Changing the savegame path to the save folder inside the actual game's directory seemed to have solved the problem of loading. One last thing though, how do I make the game take up my whole screen instead of doing this: http://i.imgur.com/YwEzAJI.jpg ? The resolution i'm playing at is 640x480, if I use my screen's native resolution of 1080x1920 the game screen just gets much smaller.

Archived