khelban12

Works perfectly. I don't have any more forum space to upload screenshots, so i will describe it.

Commit 17ee82e -> Nabassu / Wyvern do not appear at all and i get just the circles due to the 3letter prefix, Large Magic Golem appears Red.

Commit 0a0bccc -> Nabassu / Wyvern appear correctly and Large Magic Golem appears Purple.

About the pink ellipsis at the feet - is it the shadow palette entry messed up by bamworkshop ?

I fired NearInfinity to check if i can find the shadow palette and the animation is played with the shadow as in the following picture.

attachicon.gifman.png

So, gemrb is once again showing the file as it should, right ? Maybe the exe patching code is at work again and the vanilla engine shows it differently.

I feel ashamed now that it didn't occur to me to check the files in NearInfinity/DLTCEP and i wasted your time for nothing. I am sorry for that.

If it works in the original, then it is no one's fault :D

But i have a vague suspicion, it works only in some (not all) cases even in the original.

Possible differences could be: hardware or software mirroring, "translucent shadows" option, different engine types, etc. This purple thing appears only in old bamworkshop edited files, and modders ignored the "problem" for a long time because it was not apparent in most of the old engine installs.

IIRC, new bamworkshop versions don't do this anymore.

Archived