EET v13.4 released

I couldn't find a related SetEncounterProbability() action in any of the scripts

wait, woot :O This actually explains the issue. Completely forgot that this action exists. Here is what is found in AR2601.BCS:

SetEncounterProbability("AR2500","AR0020",0)
    SetEncounterProbability("AR2500","AR1300",0)
    SetEncounterProbability("AR2500","AR1304",0)
    SetEncounterProbability("AR2500","AR1700",0)

So it should be a matter of adding this to the same block to fix the problem:

SetEncounterProbability("AR2500","AR3000",0)

Vanilla BG2 probably indeed automatically change the probability from 101 to 0 considering above code doesn't exist in non-EE BG2. Thanks for investigating it, argent.

Edited by K4thos

RC6 is up on GitHub: https://github.com/K4thos/EET/releases/

NPC mod patches also have been updated.

Version 1.0 Release Candidate 6

- 11 SoD items correctly imported to BG2
- added 'no backup' mode for some files that are meant to be temporary during installation (previously there was a problem with uninstallation since temp files are deleted)
- arrays with spell effects and general descriptions are now used during conversion to automatically assign BG2 strings if appropriate
- BG:EE TLK entries are now patched after TLK files are merged (feature requires WeiDU 239.03+ due to NEXT_STRREF variable usage)
- changes to util.lua functions moved to M_EET.lua (FPS based message and journal pop-up time, support for both BG:EE and BG2:EE style journal entries, chapter labels)
- chapter names shows up correctly in Journal
- characters turned to stone in BD1000 no longer uses DPLAYER3.BCS (vanilla SoD weirdness)
- Developers Documentation added to docs directory (simplified version focusing only on things that may be useful for those interested in modding EET platform. Not really a documentation per se, more a document with modding hints)
- Dynaheir, Khalid, Yoshimo recognized dead by Fate Spirit in ToB
- fixed biography table generation for ARCHER and WILD_MAGE kits
- fixed bug with spell effects descriptions
- fixed incorrect icons assigned to SoD areas in BP-BGT Worldmap TBL file
- fixed level 1 BG:EE CHR files importation
- fixed problem with removing Imoen's Belt in Spellhold
- fixed problem with Underground Exit and Watcher's Keep links
- fixed RC5 regression in Ducal Palace second floor SoD script which caused stuttering and NPC disabling
- GUI auto biography feature now supports multi-class characters
- HLA screen in SoD GUI now available in SoD style
- implemented support for 'ObjectType' remapping whenever trigger/action refers 'Object' (knew I forgot about something important)
- improved auto detection of BG:EE installation (loop through all default GOG, Steam, Beamdog directories - let me know if you use default directory but the game prompt to type it manually rather than asking for default directory confirmation)
- improved items importation to SoA via K#IMPORT.2DA
- killed NPCs won't show up in SoD (exceptions for Skie and old NPCs that are not joinable in BG2)
- Neera spawned in correct coordinates if game was started in SoA
- new function used during conversion will now automatically add missing 'Protection from Display Specific String' effects based on BG2 TLK entries
- no backup made upon patching Baldur.lua via 'Finalise EET' component
- one Aec'letec even if you killed some BG2 Tanar'ri before meeting him
- optimized patching code (no current/total amount of files patched visual feedback, changes in some antique code) - about 1/4 shorter installation time
- Pocket Plane ability no longer can be casted successfully inside Pocket Plane
- shorter travel times between BG1->SoD, SoA->BG1, ToB->SoA (feedback regarding it needed)
- SoA quests controlled by global script will now remain active during ToB
- SoD Chapter 9 and 10 textscreens no longer replace ToB ones
- starting from ToB campaign without playing previous campaigns allows you to summon default BG2:EE NPCs
- Underground River name correctly presented on worldmap
- updated EET_functions.tph (STATE_REALLY_DEAD check changed into 'Dead' trigger, WITCH_TRA command used to not overwrite strings used by mods dependent on AUTO_TRA - BG2:EE NPC patches should be re-downloaded since they use this external file)
- updated 'note for translators' that explains new strings added in 1.0 RC releases. German, French, Spanish translation has been disabled since they haven't been updated yet
- wav files packed into multiple 150 MB biff files rather than one 700+ MB
- WeiDU updated to the latest beta (239.03, almost stable version that support patch 2.x features)

edit: RC 6.1 (quick fix)

- fixed Polish translation installation

edit: forgot to mention this in RC6 changelog:

- Siege of Dragonspear areas reachable when progressing through story contrary to vanilla SoD which removes access to them after each chapter. It's a 2 step process. First cleaning takes place to get rid of characters that shows up later in the SoD story after the chapter that the area was meant to be accessible is finished, so you are still able to finish pretty much all side content in later SoD chapters. Second cleaning takes place when you visit these areas after finishing SoD story - in such case everyone related to Crusaders and Coalition is disabled, so the areas are ready to be repopulated again by mods (desperately needed for Coalition Camp and Dragonspear Castle considering almost everyone there were involved with the main plot)

Edited by K4thos

Great!. When version 1.0 :)?

When it's done :spanking:

Easy, i'm not pushing K4thos, just wanted to know what remains to be done, since he said RC6 it's propably last release candidate.

I think for K4thos will wait for final release until WeiDU 240 shows up, but on the other hand Wisp said he probably won't implement new features after beta 239.03, so...

Great!. When version 1.0 :)?

Quote from first post:

Before we can call it version 1.0 following things have to happen:

- new stable WeiDU release

- hopefully a BG2:EE patch that resolves this engine problem. The fog effect in SoD areas looks awful to me (exactly the same as reported in that link by someone else). If this won't be fixed relatively soon than fog effects will be disabled in EET.

- fixing stuff found by you guys - feel free to report problems in this topic (if they haven't been reported already to Beamdog either on forums or directly on redmine)

- call for translators to update new strings added to EET TRA files

When it's done :spanking:

In fact the RC6 is already feature complete (that is why more RC versions are not planned unless there will be enough reports to warrant additional RC). Stable release date is now dependent on outside factors, as mentioned above. In the meantime I will continue polishing the mod based on your feedback guys - once again thanks for all the reports.

------------

Once more regarding that Drizzt encounter bug. It should be fixed in RC6. Using this clua code in your save, argent, solves it:

C:Eval('SetEncounterProbability("AR2500","AR3000",0)')

If you test it the entrance entry point will be still incorrect because your save has been made on RC5 (no longer a problem on RC6) but the Drizzt encounter is not triggered.

------------

Some things regarding RC6:

- save updating feature from setup-EET_end.exe is not compatible with old one, so it's recommended to delete 'Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Trilogy/save/saves.tra' and old saves created in previous installation. The reason for that is related to the TLK merging - all vanilla BG:EE, BG2:EE and SoD content is now persistent when it comes to save data (form now on saves will be compatible with any installation when it comes to vanilla content), so the optional save patcher now exports mod added strings and update strings in saves that has been added by mods only, not all like in previous version.

- the code has been greatly optimized (hopefully without regressions). Probably there is still room for improvements (I was shocked looking at some crap I've written ages ago that needed minutes to perform simple task :jesus: ). On my old laptop (second generation 2 core intel) clean EET without mods now installs in 23 minutes. If someone will make a clean installation without other mods on better stationary rig with good CPU please post here the computer specification (CPU, RAM, system) and how long it takes to install the mod on it. Also reports from people using some ancient PCs would be valuable. I'd like to include this information in the readme. To make the measurements more reliable please reset the computer first and disable resource heavy background applications (especially file scanners).

- you can ignore setup-EET_core.exe file - it is called automatically during installation, after TLK files are merged. You don't need to install it manually (you can even delete this file after installation is finished considering it's not needed for re-installation). Maybe this second file won't be used in future considering newest weidu added a feature to expand the TLK on the fly without merging via STRING_SET_EVALUATE NEXT_STRREF (need to test how much longer it would take - if more than a minute or two than we will stick with --make-tlk solution).

- and the most important thing:

Version 1.0 Release Candidate 6.2

- added Mac OS X weidu Binary

The mac installation has not been tested in quite a while, so I'm not sure if the mod still works correctly with it. Could anyone please check these commands if they use correct OS X syntax?

cat EET/temp/bg2ee.tra EET/temp/append.tra EET/base/blank.tra EET/temp/bgee.tra > EET/temp/result.tra

this is meant to merge 4 files into 1. Doing it in weidu via ATTACH_FILE was buggy (probably due to file sizes), so I've used AT_NOW instead.

rm -rf EET/temp

this should delete whole directory and its content without any prompts

rm -f %USER_DIRECTORY%/save/saves.tra

as above but for a single file (again not via weidu due to weird stuff happenning when you try to delete very large files)

Edited by K4thos

The console stuff looks fine.

thanks. If anyone will have problems with OSX installation let us know.

---------

huh, looks like I forgot to mention one thing in RC6 changelog:

- Siege of Dragonspear areas reachable when progressing through story contrary to vanilla SoD which removes access to them after each chapter. It's a 2 step process. First cleaning takes place to get rid of characters that shows up later in the SoD story after the chapter that the area was meant to be accessible is finished, so you are still able to finish pretty much all side content in later SoD chapters. Second cleaning takes place when you visit these areas after finishing SoD story - in such case everyone related to Crusaders and Coalition is disabled, so the areas are ready to be repopulated again by mods (desperately needed for Coalition Camp and Dragonspear Castle considering almost everyone there were involved with the main plot)

Above feature has not been tested yet extensively but it's part of RC6.

- the code has been greatly optimized (hopefully without regressions). Probably there is still room for improvements (I was shocked looking at some crap I've written ages ago that needed minutes to perform simple task :jesus: ). On my old laptop (second generation 2 core intel) clean EET without mods now installs in 23 minutes. If someone will make a clean installation without other mods on better stationary rig with good CPU please post here the computer specification (CPU, RAM, system) and how long it takes to install the mod on it. Also reports from people using some ancient PCs would be valuable. I'd like to include this information in the readme. To make the measurements more reliable please reset the computer first and disable resource heavy background applications (especially file scanners).

On my laptop (Windows 7, Intel core i7, 6GB RAM) installation took 32 minutes (both basic install and later ending one). In previous versions it was more or less 50 minutes. I had to disable Avast, cause it doesn't like new weidu version and constantly blocks it.

Edited by Etamin

I've noticed an issue with the transition from SoD to SoA. If you're playing with a party consisting of two or more custom characters they are all moved to the SoA starting dungeon into their respective cells. However, they are not disabled. For some reason the temporary bag of holding for the imported items is placed into the inventory of the second party member, so you can manually drop items that are still in the bag to the ground. In my case I could drop the Helmet of Dumathoin (bdhelm09) and the Archer's Eyes (bdamul02).

Another issue involves the "Import Game" feature when starting a new SoA game. If you start a regular SoA game, save and import that save to start a new SoA game you have two Imoens in your party. The Imoen from the imported save appears to be treated like a custom-made character. Rinse and repeat to fill all your party slots with more Imoens.

And another minor installation issue. A text file called "A" is created in the root folder of the drive where you install EET. It contains some log data from the tileconv conversion process:

Options: pixel encoding = BC1/DXT1 (zlib-compressed), halt on errors = disabled, verbosity level = default, decoding quality = 4, encoding quality = 9, convert MBC to MOS, headerless TIS not allowed, jobs = 8
Converting MBC -> MOS
Input: "EET\base\gui\sod\CHPTSARA.MBC", output: "EET\SoD_GUI\CHPTSARA.mos"
Converting.....................................................................
MBC file converted successfully.