EET v13.4 released

New error on Mac:

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: ___sincos_stret
  Referenced from: /Applications/BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition.app/Contents/Resources/./EET/bin/osx/ffmpeg
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

dyld: Symbol not found: ___sincos_stret
  Referenced from: /Applications/BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition.app/Contents/Resources/./EET/bin/osx/ffmpeg
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

Copying 1 file ...
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Core EET (game importation)], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 13555 files for [EET_CORE.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled    13555 files for [EET_CORE.TP2] component 0.
ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "EET/temp/BEREGOST.webm")

This might be particular to my system; I've had trouble getting sox to work before, with similar "dylib" and "dyld" errors. Also I'm using an OS from 2012, 4 generations behind (Mountain Lion)...

hmm, this means we are almost there considering that's the end of installation :) Here is console code used there:

1. First we assign variables with binary filenames based on OS

OUTER_SPRINT tileconv ~%osxBin%EET%os_slash%bin%os_slash%%WEIDU_OS%%os_slash%%arch_var%tileconv%exe%~
OUTER_SPRINT tile2ee ~%osxBin%EET%os_slash%bin%os_slash%%WEIDU_OS%%os_slash%%arch_var%tile2ee%exe%~
OUTER_SPRINT ffmpeg ~%osxBin%EET%os_slash%bin%os_slash%%WEIDU_OS%%os_slash%ffmpeg%exe%~

this step seems to be working correctly since in your report ffmpeg had correct OSX path:

./EET/bin/osx/ffmpeg

2. And here is a code that produced the error:

ACTION_FOR_EACH vidname IN BEREGOST INTRO_ NASHKELL WYVERN BEGIN
    ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS ~%tra_path%/%LANGUAGE%/movies/%vidname%.ogg~) BEGIN
        AT_NOW ~%ffmpeg% -i EET%os_slash%base%os_slash%lmovies%os_slash%%vidname%.wbm -i EET%os_slash%lang%os_slash%%LANGUAGE%%os_slash%movies%os_slash%%vidname%.ogg -acodec copy -vcodec copy EET%os_slash%temp%os_slash%%vidname%.webm~
    END ELSE BEGIN
        AT_NOW ~%ffmpeg% -i EET%os_slash%base%os_slash%lmovies%os_slash%%vidname%.wbm -i EET%os_slash%lang%os_slash%en_US%os_slash%movies%os_slash%%vidname%.ogg -acodec copy -vcodec copy EET%os_slash%temp%os_slash%%vidname%.webm~
    END
    COPY_LARGE ~EET/temp/%vidname%.webm~ ~lang/%LANGUAGE_BG2%/movies/%vidname%.wbm~ //this didn't work because file has not been created
END

console commands related to ffmpeg should be platform independent unless there are major changes in source code regarding it (why would anyone change those?), so in such case it indeed looks like for some reason this tool doesn't work on your computer. Maybe try to use it outside the installtion and see if there will be a problem.

What would happen when you use this console code on Mac running from the main game directory?:

./EET/bin/osx/ffmpeg EET/base/lmovies/INTRO_.wbm -i EET/lang/en_US/movies/INTRO_.ogg -acodec copy -vcodec copy INTRO_.webm

If the INTRO_.webm won't show up in mian directory than probably the tool is not supported by your system. Not sure what to do in such case.

edit: on this site there seems to be 2 different Mac binaries: http://www.ffmpegmac.net/

Do any of those is universal so that it works for all versions of Mac OSX? If no than is there a way to check which system is running to assign correct binary?

Edited by K4thos

Silly question, but has this been integrated with the latest BWS? I'm assuming no since the different/seperate install instructions.

I wanna start a playthrough so bad lol. I bought BG EE on day one , same with BG2EE, and Siege of Dragonspear and yet to have really played any of them because i want that feeling of having a solid mega mod setup like the original games using BWS. I know it's weird to not even have beaten any of them yet, hell BGEE came out like what 3 years ago? I been patient though and waited this long so if it's not fully integrated i can keep waiting. :)

I'm in almost the exact same situation. I'm sure it will be a while still, before everything is up and stable in the BWS. But I'm waiting patiently. I check the forum every day to read about updates (and the conversations between modders that I couldn't even begin to understand lol). From everything I've ever read or seen, and what little I've played, I think the complete Enhanced Edition Trilogy - Baldur's Gate, Tales of the Sword Coast, Siege of Dragonspear, Shadows of Amn, Icewind Dale (!), Throne of Bhaal, and 17 years worth of mods (maybe it should be called a "Saga" instead of a "Trilogy" lol!) - all combined into one truly epic and seamless experience, will be the single greatest gaming experience of my life.

(Speaking of mods: Also, a shout out to Roxanne. I am crazy impressed by, and looking forward to playing it all with her Sandrah mod!)

K4thos, Alien, and everybody else who is contributing to this amazing project - you are my heroes! Thank you.

Edited by Ser Elryk
(Speaking of mods: Also, a shout out to Roxanne. I am crazy impressed by, and looking forward to playing it all with her Sandrah mod!)

Everything is ready - just waiting for K4thos to publish the long announced version of NTotSC which is required by my mod. (I have my own version of an EET-compliant version of that mod, but it makes no sense to publish links to that interim version when the official version is just days away.)

re mac: perhaps it was linked to new apis, not available in the old mac. It's definitely not a problem on the weidu code end.

I mean, sox works just fine on Macs, but not on mine. I think my system got screwed up a while ago. Or maybe it's just outdated. Not sure. At some point soon I'll upgrade to the new OS (on an external drive cloned system at first, to make sure nothing breaks - this kind of thing is why I live OS X). And then I'll try again. Just not sure when I'll have the time.

On the bright side, if that's near the end of the installation, then it only took about 5 minutes to install. My system is a 2012 Intel Ivy Bridge 4-core i7, with 16GB RAM and an SSD. Nice... but still 4 years old and not particularly fast by today's standards. That means that EET will be a breeze for anyone with modern hardware. :)

On the bright side, if that's near the end of the installation, then it only took about 5 minutes to install. My system is a 2012 Intel Ivy Bridge 4-core i7, with 16GB RAM and an SSD. Nice... but still 4 years old and not particularly fast by today's standards. That means that EET will be a breeze for anyone with modern hardware. :)

that would be probably a bit too good of installation time (unless SSD makes such a huge difference when it comes to unbiffing and later patching files) Please upload SETUP-EET_CORE.DEBUG if you still have it - I will check if anything else have been skipped during installation.

Edited by K4thos

I have just tried out EET RC6.3 on my (outdated) Mac OS X 10.7.4 ("Lion") virtual machine.

My first attempt ran about 15 minutes before it terminated with the following error message:

Installing WBM files...
Creating 1 directory
Copying 1 file ...

ERROR Installing [Core EET (game importation)], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 12887 files for [EET_CORE.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled    12887 files for [EET_CORE.TP2] component 0.
ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "EET/temp/BEREGOST.webm")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-EET_CORE.DEBUG to K4thos (swit)
Automatically Skipping [Core EET (game importation)] because of error.

It looked like ffmpeg didn't work at all on my system. I also couldn't run it manually.

For my next attempt I replaced the ffmpeg binary with the version for OSX 10.6 up to 10.11 provided here: http://www.ffmpegmac.net/

It installed successfully. I can't test it though as I had to use the Windows version of BG2EE as basis. The whole EET installation process took exactly 20 minutes (+2 minutes for EET_end) to finish.

Btw, I had to manually enable the executable flag for the external tools in EET/bin/osx or the installation would terminate with the message "/bin/sh: ./EET/bin/osx/ffmpeg: Permission denied". It's probably a good idea to call "chmod +x EET/bin/osx/toolname" in EET before trying to execute them.

I have attached the resulting DEBUG files for you to check.

eet-logs-osx.7z

For my next attempt I replaced the ffmpeg binary with the version for OSX 10.6 up to 10.11 provided here: http://www.ffmpegmac.net/

thanks, latest binary will be added in this case.

Btw, I had to manually enable the executable flag for the external tools in EET/bin/osx or the installation would terminate with the message "/bin/sh: ./EET/bin/osx/ffmpeg: Permission denied". It's probably a good idea to call "chmod +x EET/bin/osx/toolname" in EET before trying to execute them.

done

Silly question, but has this been integrated with the latest BWS? I'm assuming no since the different/seperate install instructions.

I wanna start a playthrough so bad lol. I bought BG EE on day one , same with BG2EE, and Siege of Dragonspear and yet to have really played any of them because i want that feeling of having a solid mega mod setup like the original games using BWS. I know it's weird to not even have beaten any of them yet, hell BGEE came out like what 3 years ago? I been patient though and waited this long so if it's not fully integrated i can keep waiting. :)

I'm in almost the exact same situation. I'm sure it will be a while still, before everything is up and stable in the BWS. But I'm waiting patiently. I check the forum every day to read about updates (and the conversations between modders that I couldn't even begin to understand lol). From everything I've ever read or seen, and what little I've played, I think the complete Enhanced Edition Trilogy - Baldur's Gate, Tales of the Sword Coast, Siege of Dragonspear, Shadows of Amn, Icewind Dale (!), Throne of Bhaal, and 17 years worth of mods (maybe it should be called a "Saga" instead of a "Trilogy" lol!) - all combined into one truly epic and seamless experience, will be the single greatest gaming experience of my life.

K4thos, Alien, and everybody else who is contributing to this amazing project - you are my heroes! Thank you.

Greetings all, I'm brand new to the forums, though I've been a fan of G3 and the rest of the BG modding community for almost a decade. Ser Elryk summed up what I'm thinking exactly.

I've played through all of the games in EET, except SoD, both vanilla, and heavily modded. I have 2 good friends who have never played through any of them. And they call themselves crpg and D&D fans! Needless to say, I set out to fix this travesty. We had been going through a multiplayer game where each of us took 2 characters (just entered Nashkell mines) when I stumbled upon "this EET thing." We decided to wait to get the full experience.

I've been lurking and watching, from early this year. I even endured the "Great Where's Kathos Caper" I can't wait to show my guys these great games. They're both programmers by trade and are extremely impressed by the dedication y'all have for essentially a hobby project. I've been doing exactly as Ser Elryk, checking daily, admiring the prowess and dedication of the various modders, and drooling over Roxanne's megamod integration of all the stories.

Kudos doesn't begin to cover it. Just wanted to let y'all know you've got a big fan.

Check out Argent77's dlc builder utility if you're planning on doing a multiplayer run.

What amazes me about the EET building is how low on bugs it is despite the size of the project, i've done a full playthrough and only had a dozen of bugs to report overall and everything got fixed, I think you and your friends will be surprised by this.

If you're going to do a full playthrough with IWD as well, you should think beforehand of a way to handle the difference in experience between your characters and your opponents. (it's not an easy problem.)

I've been doing exactly as Ser Elryk, checking daily, admiring the prowess and dedication of the various modders, and drooling over Roxanne's megamod integration of all the stories.

I have to deeply disappoint you with that - Sandrah does not support multiplayer at all. By contents, purpose and design, it is just the opposite as it makes your firends and companions (NPCs) a most important part of the game, only with them and their help you can get through the game (the mod is not for soloplayers, six-of-my-own or multiplayers at all).

By contents, purpose and design, it is just the opposite as it makes your firends and companions (NPCs) a most important part of the game, only with them and their help you can get through the game (the mod is not for soloplayers, six-of-my-own or multiplayers at all).

And who said that you would have to use 6 PC chars... 2 is fine in most books. And most instances there can be 2 players for that too. Even if you just create 1 player created char.

I'm at the beginning of SoD and when the assassins attack imoen, she gets one shot by the attack from the last assassin (scripted, I can't stop it). Is this normal? I don't remember this happening with my previous SoD playthroughs but i'm not 100% sure. Could be vanilla bug too.

Edit : It doesn't prevent the cutscene from going through but i'm afraid it could mess things up later on, i'm going to test this soon.

Edited by GrimLefourbe

I'm at the beginning of SoD and when the assassins attack imoen, she gets one shot by the attack from the last assassin (scripted, I can't stop it). Is this normal? I don't remember this happening with my previous SoD playthroughs but i'm not 100% sure. Could be vanilla bug too.

Edit : It doesn't prevent the cutscene from going through but i'm afraid it could mess things up later on, i'm going to test this soon.

not sure if I understand. She shouldn't be in your party right after you migrate to SoD. If you mean assassin in Baldur's Gate than yes, she should be KO'ed by assassin during cutscene. But how do you know she is dead when she is not in your party? Please upload save before this cutscene so I can check what exactly happens in game.